PDA

View Full Version : threw a code!!!?!!!!HELP!

Jourdan
07-27-2006, 04:41 PM
06' WRX...i think i threw a code...but i dont know how...no engine/exhaust smoke, no bogging...nothing noticable.
my check engine light came on and my cruise control light keeps flashing...
i only have catback on now...i need some answers.:help:

Renegade_
07-27-2006, 05:34 PM
go to autozone, and get it pulled for free and come back here

I have been driving with "Front Heater Circuit Low" for 5k miles now, and nothing happened. Check engine can mean the smallest little things

Jourdan
07-27-2006, 05:37 PM
i have no idea what that means...get it pulled for free at autozone???
sorry. i just dont get it....but yes hopefully its something small & easily fixable.

Kerplunk105
07-27-2006, 05:44 PM
Yea, Autozone will hook up your car for free to see what is wrong with it.

JoeScooby
07-27-2006, 06:05 PM
Take that ish to the dealer!!!!!!!!!!!

Jourdan
07-27-2006, 06:16 PM
im pretty sure my warranty is gone. and im kind of hesitant to take it there if it is something little....i think my suspension voided everything...:(
if it is major then i will have alot of work to do tonight..then take it in to the dealer.

JoeScooby
07-27-2006, 06:22 PM
Here is somthing I learned along the years I had my subaru.

A dealer cannot void an entire vehicle warrenty for one item they dislike, however they may void the claim itself or the warrenty on that particulare system of the vehicle.

I went in for a stuck wasegate with - springs, exhaust and some other stuff. The worked on it, found no problem.

You must have other stuff to be hesitant about bringing it in.

Jourdan
07-27-2006, 06:33 PM
i have the same stuff done to mine.
i took it to autozone...
CYLINDER 1 & 3 are misfiring...
what do i do now? change plugs and wires???the car has a little over 5k on it...

sesolcSTI
07-27-2006, 06:44 PM
The car is brand new, TAKE IT TO THE DEALER.

Vypurr2
07-27-2006, 06:46 PM
^ Agreed. What are your real mods...list them! If you have catback and springs, you will have no problem...now if you have ecutek, catback, wga, boost controller, and your car stinks of race fuel then you might have an issue!

sesolcSTI
07-27-2006, 06:51 PM
The stupidest thing you can do in this case is to start tinkering around with it yourself. That would be the easiest way to ENSURE that you get your warranty voided. Dont start ripping plugs out, yada yada. If it gives you better piece of mind, spend the 2-3 hrs. to change the springs and exhaust out. Just my .02..............but probably the majority vote.

the06blue
08-11-2006, 02:58 AM
yo i got a 2006 when i put the cat back on it happend n down pipe its just mostlikly runing to rich thats what my promblem was i thro out flames n it would come on.. i pluged a lil computer thing w.e its called on my computer n it said waist gate b or some **** so ull be ok it wiill go on and off till u get it tuned n it will stay off.2006 get boost creap bad to ull spike alot higher now to... make sure u get tuned

the06blue
08-11-2006, 03:02 AM
ps ull love the tq after u get tuned ull beat stock evos n stis all night if u can drive look at some kids only barly 300s with stuff i got a stock turbo turbo back intake n i dinoed 299 tq lol

Vypurr2
08-11-2006, 03:05 AM
Are you saying that an 06 WRX with a Turboback exhaust will beat STIs and EVOs all day?

TehWagon
08-11-2006, 09:18 AM
jourdan if this happens again, ask around at the meet - chances are someone has an AP or scanner (myself included) and we can pull the code for you.

ps you don't have wires, you have coilpacks. just for future reference.

Gaze
08-11-2006, 09:26 AM
a rule of thumb for me has been to always make sure your engine computer resets following any work under the hood. Pull the negative terminal, let it sit for 20 minutes, come back and reconnect, then drive 50 miles and see if the computer relearns itself.

TehWagon
08-11-2006, 09:28 AM
i heard it was 100 miles... and remember, if you reset the ecu, it will clear the light, but it will still store the code. so in cases of a cat inefficiency code, if you go thru inspection, they can still pull it.

Gaze
08-11-2006, 12:27 PM
50-100 miles... somewhere in there. I reset my Eclipse after an intake install and the OBDII scanner picked up nothing after a drive to Atlantic City and back.

if the car only has 5,000 miles, id think inspection is quite a ways off.

D Money
08-11-2006, 12:33 PM
Disconect the battery and it will go off for a couple miles.

I vote you take it to xotic for that ecutek flash.

the06blue
08-11-2006, 02:14 PM
yea stock ones n a flash no promblem i lose to a evo with 350 wheele by like 2 cars maybe n to a sti external gated n turbo back tune n other **** by like 2 or 3 cars i mean im talkin stock vrs me i will

Gaze
08-11-2006, 02:28 PM
I was always under the impression that an ECU reset erased all long term memory thus resetting variables like trim idle speed, fuel, spark, and more. While for the most part is doesnt do anything other than erase the light for a short time, I thought that resetting your spark advance was the perfect place to start with a missfire issue because it doesnt automatically set it as a neutral maximum value... Or so I was told a long time ago.

D Money
08-11-2006, 02:32 PM
Are you saying that an 06 WRX with a Turboback exhaust will beat STIs and EVOs all day?
Yeah, stock ones or lightly modded.

Well the06blue is tbe, intake, and ecutek. 250whp 300wtq.

Vypurr2
08-11-2006, 04:55 PM
Ok, I agree with the ecutek, but I personally don't think that an 06 with TBE could beat an STi unless the WRX is a pro driver and the STi sucks.

But I have never actually seen that matchup in person, so anything is possible!

D Money
08-11-2006, 04:57 PM
Ok, I agree with the ecutek, but I personally don't think that an 06 with TBE could beat an STi unless the WRX is a pro driver and the STi sucks.

But I have never actually seen that matchup in person, so anything is possible!
I guess. I used to walk sti's really bad when I was just a turboback and an uppipe, no tune so I guess it's the driver. Figure that setup on a wrx can go mid-low 13's and sti's have trouble hitting that without a nasty driver.

Jourdan
08-11-2006, 05:11 PM
thanks peeps...yeah, so i just said to myself the night of this happening, "well, hell, i wonder if anything will happen if i disconnect the battery for a few minutes..." sooo, i did that and i havent thrown a code since, if the problem arises again, i will take it to the dealer....as for the Tune, haha, that has already been debated and i made my decision...

WRXD
08-11-2006, 05:26 PM
I guess. I used to walk sti's really bad when I was just a turboback and an uppipe, no tune so I guess it's the driver. Figure that setup on a wrx can go mid-low 13's and sti's have trouble hitting that without a nasty driver.

not quite...high 13s maybe on a 2.0ltr WRX. The simplest Cobb stage 2, TBE and a reflash is only good for about mid 13s with the best driver. The quickest Cobb stage 2 with supporting mods (uppipe...no cats etc) I have ever heard of is a 13.1 on a 2.0 WRX.

Im not saying you didnt beat an STi with that setup---but he must have been one hell of a crappy driver, definitely not the norm for those mods.

the 06 WRX is a beast though...a guy with a TBE and uppipe and stock tuning on an 06 hit a 13.1 on NASIOC..def stock STi beating numbers

D Money
08-11-2006, 05:48 PM
not quite...high 13s maybe on a 2.0ltr WRX. The simplest Cobb stage 2, TBE and a reflash is only good for about mid 13s with the best driver. The quickest Cobb stage 2 with supporting mods (uppipe...no cats etc) I have ever heard of is a 13.1 on a 2.0 WRX.

Im not saying you didnt beat an STi with that setup---but he must have been one hell of a crappy driver, definitely not the norm for those mods.

the 06 WRX is a beast though...a guy with a TBE and uppipe and stock tuning on an 06 hit a 13.1 on NASIOC..def stock STi beating numbers
or not...

Keith (Buster) runs his wrx with NO TUNE what so ever and he goes 13.1. Want to know his mods? Sure, well he has a turboback, up pipe, intake, and a mbc set at 16-17 psi (max). So basically what I am saying is your logic is just a little bit off. When I was on that setup I was going 13.4's all day, mind you that was years ago. Since then I have gone through 2-3 different setups which lead me to the one I am now...

Your argument about the sti driver seems to be an one many would say. The only thing I would have to go against that would be that I walked numerous sti's, as stated above. Now, you can continue your beliefs on the 2.0L wrx vs sti bla bla bla but when someone races more than 1 sti and beats them it takes the chance away of that particular driver sucking at life. Regardless, that day has come and passed...

silver05bullet
08-11-2006, 08:33 PM
yo if u need the code checked next time ur at DD let me know i usually cary my handy dandy code reader with me

WRXD
08-11-2006, 10:55 PM
or not...

Keith (Buster) runs his wrx with NO TUNE what so ever and he goes 13.1. Want to know his mods? Sure, well he has a turboback, up pipe, intake, and a mbc set at 16-17 psi (max). So basically what I am saying is your logic is just a little bit off. When I was on that setup I was going 13.4's all day, mind you that was years ago. Since then I have gone through 2-3 different setups which lead me to the one I am now...

Your argument about the sti driver seems to be an one many would say. The only thing I would have to go against that would be that I walked numerous sti's, as stated above. Now, you can continue your beliefs on the 2.0L wrx vs sti bla bla bla but when someone races more than 1 sti and beats them it takes the chance away of that particular driver sucking at life. Regardless, that day has come and passed...

with a MBC, turboback, up and an intake (no tune) I think 13.1 is definitely possible and I am sure people have done it. What I was saying is...just a TBE and up and no tune---I dont think you are gonna hit low 13s with that setup. Im not saying you cant...but I think it would be rare. I would guess like a 13.7 somewhere in that range. Im definitely not talking smack on the 2.0L..hell I drive one. A modded 2.0wrx has a number of advantages over the stock STi at the drag strip. I have yet to race a stock STi yet---but I am dying to see how I would do.

Jourdan
08-14-2006, 05:30 PM
i threw another code. suckiness. setting up something with the stealership