PDA

View Full Version : Whats your stereo set up?

CHAOS
07-26-2006, 08:20 PM
thats right, post your stereo setup... if youre anything like me you are picky as hell... so lets see/hear about it

the set up in the STi AFAIK is stock... the mx6 had boston acoustics all the way around and a diamond audio aluminum sub... nothing special...

id get to get a really nice set up for the STi... i want a really clear and balanced sound... basically the ability to blast any kind of music...

180sxDrifter
07-26-2006, 08:34 PM
Front speakers are Alpine Type S
pass side rear is a boston, on drivers side rear is a stocker( who puts one bopston in and not the other?!?).
Innovatek 7" flip out
Innovatek dvd player(skips like crazy don't recomend buying)

prob gonan get a 2 10" alpine type S's with Blitz amp

Kerplunk105
07-26-2006, 09:30 PM
I am in the process of buying an audio set up. I'll be interested to see what everyone has, (any why).

driftingeric2k4
07-27-2006, 08:00 AM
In the Mustang:
-Mach 460 Audio (2 tweeters on doors, 2 in the back, 2 mids/lows in doors, 2 in the back = 8 speakers for highs/mids/lows powered by stock Ford amplifiers mounted behind back "seat")
-2 12" JL Audio powered by 500 Watt Total Power mono channel amp
-1.0 Farad Lightning Audio Capacitor
-Optima Yellow Top Battery (4 guage wiring)
-Scosche wiring throughout
-Bass control on head unit, amp, and under steering column on a remote.
*If you are going to get a Mustang and plan on doing any system mods to the stereo or speaker do NOT get Mach 460. It makes EVERYTHING a pain in the arse to install.

My '96 Accord had all the same (transplanted it out when I sold it) but also had mbQuart components all around and flush mounted tweeters on the door up near the A-pillar. That was a sweet sounding system. The bass off the components alone was more than what most peoples "systems" around here had in it. The components were powered by two 500 watt 4 channel Sony Xplod amps. The head unit was an Xplod motorized flip out unit. 4x52 watts I think, not that I used it to power anything.

mostasteless
07-27-2006, 08:40 AM
Thanks to quite a bit of hearing loss due to my last system I decided to keep the WRX stock. My previous car had:
Pioneer P940MP Head Unit
Image Dynamics Chameleon CXS62 Components
Image Dynamics IDMax 12D2
JBL BP1200x1 Amp
JBL 180x2 Amp
LA 1 Farad Digital Capacitor
Optima Yellow Top (0awg wire)
Custom Built 180A Alternatior
Tons of Dynamat

Couldn't tell you the Db rating because the meter that I had purchased only went to 130Db but I had no trouble hitting that at the dash.

dwl137
07-27-2006, 08:58 AM
I'm just running with the stock 10 speaker 6cd stereo in the GTI. My old Impreza had two Kicker CompVR 10's, Rockford amp and Pioneer head unit.

Turbo_CitrusEs
07-27-2006, 09:24 AM
I've got 6.5" Focals in the front with tweeters mounted in the door. Focal coaxials in the rear. All running off a 75 x 4 Audiobahn amp. I then have a single JL Audio 10w6v2 subwoofer with a 600X US Amp. I currently have the amp and sub for sale so I am always up for offers. You can contact me via aim(skullnbones28) or shoot me a pm.

SilverTurboRidin
07-27-2006, 11:24 AM
Okay lets start offf

Optima yellow top.
4 Gauge wiring
Component system- Polk SR5250
front and rear ^^^
kicker tweeters
Pioneer AVIC-N3
Ma Audio 800 mono block amp
2 12" JL Audio W3V2 subs

i think that rounds it off....

igo4bmx
07-27-2006, 08:38 PM
pioneer premier 880prs
JL xr 6.5 comps
2 10" elemental designs k series
planet audio amps.

got a class t lanzar opti drive waiting to be installed so I can biamplify my front stage.

Mrjaydeeone
07-27-2006, 08:42 PM
Pioneer primere 840 headunit, with XM
pioneer 3 way 6.5s in front doors and 6x9s in on rear deck
Rockford Fosgate tweeters behind side mirrors
4 10" ultra subs
Arc 1000.2 amp for the subs
Arc 400.4 for the interiors

CHAOS
07-27-2006, 10:34 PM
any recommendations for a sound quality set up?

igo4bmx
07-27-2006, 10:51 PM
any recommendations for a sound quality set up?

how much do you want to spend?

Kerplunk105
07-27-2006, 11:01 PM
^

I'm in the same boat...I don't really wanna spend over $500. I don't really want sub's or amp's either...

Renegade_
07-27-2006, 11:02 PM
Stock...

Bitches.

igo4bmx
07-27-2006, 11:45 PM
^

I'm in the same boat...I don't really wanna spend over $500. I don't really want sub's or amp's either...

most important is the deck/frontstage/front amp setup.

WKderF
07-28-2006, 01:09 PM
Alpine IVA-D310 touchscreen reciever
Sirius Sattelite radio
Alpine Broadcast T.V. tuner W/ Glass mount antenna
Alpine KCA-420i Ipod Interface
Boston Acoustics Z series front component speakers
Boston Acoustics SL series rear components
Alpine MRV-F345 Amplifier
Alpine MRD-M1005 Amplifier
Alpine SWX1042D 10" Type X Subwoofer
Alumapro 5 Farad capacitor V2
Dyanamat Extreme applied to entire vehicle interior & trunk

WKderF
07-28-2006, 01:17 PM
your best bet for a decent SQ setup is to get out to a store & litsten to what is out there. keep your budget balanced: dont spend a ton for a headunit & go cheap on the speakers & vice-versa. find a dollar figure you are comfortable working with & see how you can balance it out.

when you go to demo speakers - make sure the salesman doesnt use an amp on them unless you are planning on buying an amp for your speakers. if he does, it could give you a false sense of what your speakers will actualy sound like in your car.

people ask me alot what I think is best and i tell them that speakers are like shoes: they may be popular & expensive, or even cheap, but that doesnt mean they will fit you well. try EVERYTHING out for yourself, and decide what YOU like.

Kerplunk105
07-28-2006, 01:24 PM
I gotta come over to your store when I get some $$

TROLL
07-28-2006, 01:26 PM
wkderf for the win... seriously set up a time to stop by his store sometime and he'll set you up right :)

Kerplunk105
07-28-2006, 01:33 PM
Yeah, he PMed me back. I just gotta take time and go over.

igo4bmx
07-29-2006, 12:47 AM
your best bet for a decent SQ setup is to get out to a store & litsten to what is out there. keep your budget balanced: dont spend a ton for a headunit & go cheap on the speakers & vice-versa. find a dollar figure you are comfortable working with & see how you can balance it out.

when you go to demo speakers - make sure the salesman doesnt use an amp on them unless you are planning on buying an amp for your speakers. if he does, it could give you a false sense of what your speakers will actualy sound like in your car.

people ask me alot what I think is best and i tell them that speakers are like shoes: they may be popular & expensive, or even cheap, but that doesnt mean they will fit you well. try EVERYTHING out for yourself, and decide what YOU like.

you work at a tweeter right?
I want to add:
the only problem with demo inside a store is that the speakers are designed to play right. People get really dissappointed when they hear the speakers in the store and then put them in the car.

to be clear:
most front stage is running an infinite baffle configuration and offaxis response is very important.

demos in stores are usually confined to an enclosed mount, and either fiber fill, and usually listened to on axis.

240sxDann
07-29-2006, 01:34 AM
stock speakers all around w/ no head unit.:afro: :thumbup: :prayer:

WKderF
07-29-2006, 02:33 AM
I want to add:
the only problem with demo inside a store is that the speakers are designed to play right. People get really dissappointed when they hear the speakers in the store and then put them in the car.

to be clear:
most front stage is running an infinite baffle configuration and offaxis response is very important.

demos in stores are usually confined to an enclosed mount, and either fiber fill, and usually listened to on axis.

This is very true, and it is good to be aware of such. however - when listening in a sound room, keep in mind that all speakers are set up equally. this means that the differences you hear between speakers at the store will be the same type of differences in your car. and even though there are many differences between the sound room and your car, most people are happy with the speakers & equipment they choose - simply because its better than what they had!

Turbo_CitrusEs
07-29-2006, 02:38 AM
I can honestly say that im not disappointed with my Focals at all. I listened to them at Tweeter and they sounded amazing. Get them into my car with a 75 x 4 amp and they still sound amazing in my opinion!!!

igo4bmx
07-29-2006, 10:50 AM
I can honestly say that im not disappointed with my Focals at all. I listened to them at Tweeter and they sounded amazing. Get them into my car with a 75 x 4 amp and they still sound amazing in my opinion!!!

damn i didnt know tweeter finally sold focals!:supz:

Honest_Bob
07-29-2006, 01:21 PM
I got some Kenwood MP3 playing head unit hooked up to an ipod.
DEI Viper Component set
Cadence Q3000 300W amp
Adire Brahma 10" in a sealed box.

Most of it is uninstalled at the moment due to teh highly anoying alternator whine. :mad:

igo4bmx
07-29-2006, 01:32 PM
I got some Kenwood MP3 playing head unit hooked up to an ipod.
DEI Viper Component set
Cadence Q3000 300W amp
Adire Brahma 10" in a sealed box.

Most of it is uninstalled at the moment due to teh highly anoying alternator whine. :mad:

did you check ur grounds?
my friend had a cadence amp and it whined no matter what we did

WKderF
07-29-2006, 05:52 PM
damn i didnt know tweeter finally sold focals!:supz:

yeah, tweeter recently picked up Focal to replace MB Quart.

we cary a wide range of brands:

Alpine
Pioneer Premier
Clarion Pro Audio
JL Audio
JBL
MTX
Polk audio / MOMO
Focal
Audison

Honest_Bob
07-29-2006, 06:49 PM
I Tried three diffrent grounds for the head unit and four for the amp. Sanded them down and everything. I ended up getting a ground loop isolator and it has solved my problem. I had no problems with this equipment in my sentra I have no clue. :roll:

igo4bmx
07-29-2006, 07:18 PM
yeah, tweeter recently picked up Focal to replace MB Quart.

we cary a wide range of brands:

Alpine
Pioneer Premier
Clarion Pro Audio
JL Audio
JBL
MTX
Polk audio / MOMO
Focal
Audison

Damn good move on their part!
wow and audison too...
damn i need to go to one and check their **** out.

WKderF
07-29-2006, 07:21 PM
Damn good move on their part!
wow and audison too...
damn i need to go to one and check their **** out.

come & see me @ the Montgomery store. Ill hook u up!

igo4bmx
07-29-2006, 07:32 PM
come & see me @ the Montgomery store. Ill hook u up!

oh snap
my parents live 5mins from there.

i don't need speakers but would love to hear them anyways.

Meghan_Hetrick
08-03-2006, 04:54 PM
All i know is i don't want anything as loud as i used to have. Remember that mess Jon? lol.

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/6/web/846000-846999/846004_10_full.jpg

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/6/web/846000-846999/846004_8_full.jpg

I think my ears are still bleeding.

CHAOS
08-03-2006, 05:13 PM
that **** was ridiculous... are you going to put anything in the wrx meghan?

Meghan_Hetrick
08-03-2006, 06:25 PM
eventually yes, but nowhere to the extreme of the Probe. I'm thinking some high end Boston Acoustics, coupled with about 600w of JL subs and an amp to power it. I want a high end, QUALITY system this time around, not just the ear splitting, skull cracking bass i had before.

I"m biding my time, trying to find the best deal for my very VERY limited funds. Hooray for eBay, lol.

On a different note, Mike put those subs in his truck, that box and all. Dear lord, that much bass should not be that close to your brain.

2slowMX5
08-24-2006, 12:41 AM
I have a record player in my glovebox

JoeScooby
08-24-2006, 10:25 AM
i keep my stuff simple.
Clarion pro-audio touch screen.
stock speakers all around
12 MB Quart in the trunk

the sub made the system sound 100X better. When the MB crapped out the first time not even the clarion helped out with horrid stock speakers.

Evo8kid
08-24-2006, 11:25 AM
Pioneer 5700 touch screen DVD Headunit
Pioneer I-pod plug in
Zapco reference series mids
Zapco reference series tweeters
Zapco cross overs
Dual 10" Zapco i-force subs (first pair on the east coast)
Zapco 250.1 amp-speakers
Zapco 500.1 amp-subs
no rear speakers, Rear deck ported for Subs

Daytime:
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h53/evo8kid/evo010.jpg
Nighttime:
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h53/evo8kid/evo001.jpg
interior:
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h53/evo8kid/evo017.jpg

201Motorsports
08-24-2006, 07:13 PM
If any of you Evo guys are looking to go double-DIN, I have the kit for it. It's the only kit out there and I'm the only place you can get it from.

Check out the thread in my signature about the Orbital Prestige kit for more info.