View Full Version : Protege?

CleanNeon98
07-24-2006, 12:50 AM
Lookin to get an 02 LX 5-speed...how are they reliability wise

BradC
07-24-2006, 12:52 AM
www.mazdaforums.com (www.msprotege.com)

Hunt around there a bit if you like.

Only problem I know of for a Protege of that year is a VTCS screw that can come loose and bounce around in the motor. Isn't real widespread, but its a bitch!

TalonTsi97
07-24-2006, 01:33 AM
i just posted in your other thread about this.
Honestly if you were to ask this kid he would tell you to not buy the car. HE really isnt a fan of his because it so slow. I think for a daily driver its perfect, but he just gets mad cause all of his friends have turbo cars and he spent more money of that car and its slow.
So really its all about what you want, if your looking for a DD and its not much money i say go for it, if its your main car and you expect to make it fast buy something else. They make some turbo kits for them but to me it isnt worth the money. its all what you want and what your plans/ goals are for it.

BradC
07-24-2006, 07:44 AM
i just posted in your other thread about this.
Honestly if you were to ask this kid he would tell you to not buy the car. HE really isnt a fan of his because it so slow. I think for a daily driver its perfect, but he just gets mad cause all of his friends have turbo cars and he spent more money of that car and its slow.
So really its all about what you want, if your looking for a DD and its not much money i say go for it, if its your main car and you expect to make it fast buy something else. They make some turbo kits for them but to me it isnt worth the money. its all what you want and what your plans/ goals are for it.
Agreed, they are dogs. Even a Mazdaspeed is slow and isn't the greatest to mod. The rods in the motor might as well be made by Fisher Price. With that said though, the car puts a hell of a smile on my face everytime I drive it.