PDA

View Full Version : body work on the Z!

300zTT
07-19-2006, 11:45 AM
i thinking of having a Z, friends get togather at my house to do my body work and mold my side skirts in. but to be honest i know very little about body work so if any one is intrested let me know. and i'll let u know if i will end up having it.... food and all that good stuff will be there

D Money
07-19-2006, 12:32 PM
Moamen, that isn't any easy task bro. To mold the sideskirts you will need someone with body shop expierence hands down. Like I recommended before, I think you should really have my friend do the car on the side, it will save you money and time.

300zTT
07-19-2006, 12:33 PM
Moamen, that isn't any easy task bro. To mold the sideskirts you will need someone with body shop expierence hands down. Like I recommended before, I think you should really have my friend do the car on the side, it will save you money and time.
will he do the the side skirts too?

D Money
07-19-2006, 12:44 PM
yes, he is nasty. I still would recommend that you do not mold the side skirts. Take my advice, my eclipse was fully molded and it was done professionally and it still showed some flaws. With all the wheel hop, tire spinnage, etc that you get, molding the side skirts will just make your life much more hectic. I say that you have him fit the side skirts as well as fabricate to make them fit perfect, just my .02.

BTW, my subaru side skirts were not molded and they fit like a glove.

300zTT
07-19-2006, 01:39 PM
yes, he is nasty. I still would recommend that you do not mold the side skirts. Take my advice, my eclipse was fully molded and it was done professionally and it still showed some flaws. With all the wheel hop, tire spinnage, etc that you get, molding the side skirts will just make your life much more hectic. I say that you have him fit the side skirts as well as fabricate to make them fit perfect, just my .02.

BTW, my subaru side skirts were not molded and they fit like a glove.

okay well set it up i'll do it. i wanna see how it is before he paints it tho... and how come ur not getting ur car painted by him?

D Money
07-19-2006, 01:41 PM
He is paintin my car. He has my sisters car right now, shaving the trunk and wing and re painting the rear bumper and blending the sides. He left his dad's body shop now, he works at a huge custom shop in Mt holly but he will still do side jobs at his Dad's shop. My car gets dropped off right after the tranny is in, which will probably be Monday or so.

300zTT
07-19-2006, 01:48 PM
my car 1st tho!!!!!!! 1100 right?

D Money
07-19-2006, 01:50 PM
Nope, my car first son! I don't know, you gotta talk to him on price. I know what I paying, that's it.

300zTT
07-19-2006, 01:59 PM
how much u paying son ?

D Money
07-19-2006, 02:01 PM
lol *price disclosed*

He has been my friend since I was like 5 lol.

300zTT
07-19-2006, 02:13 PM
lol *price disclosed*

He has been my friend since I was like 5 lol.
*** ass pussy!

but seriously he does good work? u have any pics of some of his work?

D Money
07-19-2006, 02:35 PM
Yeah. He painted his Mustang Gold w/gold flake, just painted his f-150 two tone blue/silver, he painted my friends s10 on airbags cadillac white, and he did Mario's supra. I will call him after work and tell him to stop by, if he does call me and you can come see. Or just wait until you see mine or my sisters cars when they are completed.