PDA

View Full Version : WORX Bov

~Brian~
07-17-2006, 04:15 PM
Well, I just put on a WORX bov on my car and I love it!!

Thats all. lol

*edit- Question for you- If I remove the intake silencer, will it make the BOV sound louder? I'm not trying to be rice or anything, but I remember when I had the intake silencer off a while ago, it did make a difference in the noise level.

WRX27
07-17-2006, 07:37 PM
Great BOV!

TROLL
07-17-2006, 07:48 PM
taking the silencer off will allow you to hear the stock intake and bypass valve more easily, but i dont think it would make a venting bov any louder. it still would make the intake noise more noticeble though...

Evo8kid
07-17-2006, 10:29 PM
i say F*** silencers

~Brian~
07-18-2006, 01:39 PM
taking the silencer off will allow you to hear the stock intake and bypass valve more easily, but i dont think it would make a venting bov any louder. it still would make the intake noise more noticeble though...

Yeah, that's what I was thinking too. Most of the time though I drive around with it set to recirc. The only time I will set it to vent is if I'm going out to a meet, etc.

peteyturbo
07-18-2006, 06:56 PM
Do you rev it up for people to hear the whistle woo!!:cool: Yeah, that's what I was thinking too. Most of the time though I drive around with it set to recirc. The only time I will set it to vent is if I'm going out to a meet, etc.

Jeramie
07-19-2006, 08:54 AM
Yeah, that's what I was thinking too. Most of the time though I drive around with it set to recirc. The only time I will set it to vent is if I'm going out to a meet, etc.

Its probally a good idea for the health of the car as well. Subies don't like BOVs:cry:

~Brian~
07-19-2006, 05:41 PM
No, they really dont.

I can already tell my gas mileage has gone to hell. Even after just normal driving, my needle sinks like a stone. lol.

I will be getting a custom tune soon hopefully, so when that happens, I will just have them tune it for the BOV set to full vent. Until then, its nothing but recirc for me. lol

TROLL
07-19-2006, 06:13 PM
there's really no way to tune for a bov, your options are to switch to a fully MAP based system or to go to a blow through MAF setup, which would require a FMIC as well. both of those would also require tuning.
so basically, neither of those options are worth it unless you have a really extensive setup.
you can run a bov and just deal with a couple of minor negatives, or you can rock the stocker in style.
bryan

~Brian~
07-19-2006, 06:33 PM
I know I don't need a BOV right now, I just wanted a part for my car and happened to stumble across the incredible deal on the piece. lol

I am aware of all the negative side effects to having it, but I just really wanted one. I guess this makes me rice. lol