PDA

View Full Version : turbotrix?

Spoolin92vr4
07-06-2006, 02:47 PM
i have heard alot of goodthinks about them from this guy i use to work with, cause i was thinking about taking my car there....but then again this dude had an evo...do they deal with all diff. cars or do they specialize in evo's & wrx's, cause i have heard they have an awd dyno and are a pretty good tune shop...anyones input would be helful

SpendOne
07-06-2006, 03:04 PM
What are you using for tuning?? There are plenty of people around the Philadelphia area that can help you tune. You can always go down to Philly Dyno Works and get your car dynoed.

bluengoldsti
07-06-2006, 03:16 PM
i took my dsm there and they tuned my afc2 and avcr. they did a great job as far as i was concerned.

awdlaserbeam
07-06-2006, 03:50 PM
Turbotrix is argueably one of the best shops around. What is it that you are looking to have done? IF it is just a tune i would say save your gas $$$ and time and just go to PDW, its not like you are getting anything crazy done.

Spoolin92vr4
07-06-2006, 05:13 PM
well i am looking at the greddy e manage not to sure yet thoe, i want to be running more boost and doing some fuel upgrades

D Money
07-06-2006, 05:19 PM
I have been there many times, with friends. I know most of those guys personally, really reputible shop and I would recommend them 100%.

awdlaserbeam
07-07-2006, 01:00 AM
well i am looking at the greddy e manage not to sure yet thoe, i want to be running more boost and doing some fuel upgrades

THats is some very basic stuff that you can get done locally for cheaper.

wgknestrick
07-07-2006, 01:18 AM
http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=921872&highlight=turbo+trix

Some more opinions here.

I had a bad experience with them and empty promises. It seems as though if you are friends with the employees prior to doing business, they are OK though, but hey they should be like that to everyone. Stop by and notice the condition of their shop before doing business as this tells you how things are run. If it is clean/orderly, the place is run professionally. TT on the other hand........

I think there is a place in Easton, PA that specializes in only 3000GTs, but I don't have the name. Try giving them a call and see if they can help you or at least rec someone.

Spoolin92vr4
07-07-2006, 01:22 AM
THats is some very basic stuff that you can get done locally for cheaper.

yeah i understand, i could but i am very sketchy about someone workin on my car...i would wanna go somewheres that is well know and have alot of experience, it is very basic stuff but i am just really picky....what other places around here have an awd dyno and do tunes so i can check them out?

Spoolin92vr4
07-07-2006, 01:28 AM
http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=921872&highlight=turbo+trix

Some more opinions here.

I had a bad experience with them and empty promises. It seems as though if you are friends with the employees prior to doing business, they are OK though, but hey they should be like that to everyone. Stop by and notice the condition of their shop before doing business as this tells you how things are run. If it is clean/orderly, the place is run professionally. TT on the other hand........

I think there is a place in Easton, PA that specializes in only 3000GTs, but I don't have the name. Try giving them a call and see if they can help you or at least rec someone.

yeah it is ground zero performance...the owner is this guy hans...hell be working on my car prior to these mods i will need a tune for, i am just asking around to see what everones input is.

peteyturbo
07-07-2006, 06:14 PM
Oh hello no you did NOT just say GROUND ZERO..If you want somewhere with alot of experience with 3kgt's, give DNP a call for quality parts or go to Altered atmosphere, they have alot of experience and build fast reliable cars, I have seen many in person and they do great work..
yeah it is ground zero performance...the owner is this guy hans...hell be working on my car prior to these mods i will need a tune for, i am just asking around to see what everones input is.

Spoolin92vr4
07-07-2006, 10:22 PM
Oh hello no you did NOT just say GROUND ZERO..If you want somewhere with alot of experience with 3kgt's, give DNP a call for quality parts or go to Altered atmosphere, they have alot of experience and build fast reliable cars, I have seen many in person and they do great work..

dnp is ok altered atmoshpere i deff don't dig....they kinda set everything aside and the focus on the 350z and the g35 now

peteyturbo
07-08-2006, 12:11 AM
Yeah I was just looking at their site..What kind of setup do you have that you need tuned?? If I were you I would get a VPC/GCC combo with a wideband and tune on the street, pretty easy with that setup..dnp is ok altered atmoshpere i deff don't dig....they kinda set everything aside and the focus on the 350z and the g35 now

Spoolin92vr4
07-08-2006, 05:12 AM
Yeah I was just looking at their site..What kind of setup do you have that you need tuned?? If I were you I would get a VPC/GCC combo with a wideband and tune on the street, pretty easy with that setup..

i don't have a program yet i am still contimplating which one to go with i am trying to talk to a bunch of people and see what they r running

ej20wrx123
07-08-2006, 12:08 PM
The TT built motor in my galant lasted 3500 and throw a rod out the back......i guess they put the rod bolts on hand tight. Most of the good storys i do hear about them is when their tuner junior worked there. He now works at ics performance.

peteyturbo
07-10-2006, 01:46 AM
Did you know HKS VPC will let you run speed density and tune for larger injectors with the swap of an eprom..Very simple and very effective..I wish they made one for my EVO!!i don't have a program yet i am still contimplating which one to go with i am trying to talk to a bunch of people and see what they r running

ej20wrx123
07-10-2006, 07:43 AM
^cant you wire it into any car?

peteyturbo
07-11-2006, 12:40 AM
I would think you can if you wanted to, but I've head about some of the internals are slightly different for different applications, not necessarily the eprom chip..^cant you wire it into any car?