PDA

View Full Version : Any good or worth going to junkyards around your area?

GeforceXtreme
04-27-2005, 03:17 PM
I live in Holland Pa and surprising there are some good junkyards around where I live. I really like the "Pick and Pull it" junkyards the best... hate the ones that they don't allow you in the junkyard to look for what you need.

Anyway there are about 3 good junkyards I go atleast every other week to see whats new and what I can get for my Chevy. About 15min from my house is a place Called Yale's Auto Parts in Feasterville Trevose. Cool thing about that is they sell used cars that aren't in bad shape. So if you need a really cheap alright car... good place to look. Not alot of there cars are picked over so you can usally find what you are looking for there. The prices are ok... but because I have bought alot of stuff from Herb (older man very nice" he hooks me up now.

Another place is called U-Pull-It Auto Parts in Morrisville. The place is cheap as hell.. can get bumpers and doors for under 20 bucks. The lot is changed like every week so you really need to go every week to see if you can catch a part you are looking for. They usally deal with older cars so anything really newer then 1996 I have never seen in there.

About 2min away from that place another placed called Pic-a-part. They deal with alot of older and newer cars. There are TONS of F-bodies there.. anyone needed a part for that body should go there.
If anyone is interested just contact me and I can give you the phone number or directions. So everyone else go ahead and post "good" junkyards and tell what they got there.. I am looking for places that have 1980 to 1990 American Cars. If anyone is looking for a part just contact me and I will see what I can find for you... Usally go junkyarding once in awhile for parts for me and my buddies.

One last thing... to find junkyards, I usally use this site to look up local junkyards in each city http://www.junkyards.com/directory2/index.html

And to search up junkyards I usally use http://www.yellopages.com or http://local.yahoo.com/

Twin_Cam
04-27-2005, 03:56 PM
Most of the cars here (ours excluded) aren't the kind of cars you find in the junkyard very often. If you can afford an M3 or STi, you can afford new parts for your car ;)

Good info though. I use Pic-A-Part a lot.

GeforceXtreme
04-27-2005, 04:06 PM
Well i usally see alot of STI's and S2000 in the junkyards around me... (lol just kidding) anyway yeah I know a good amount of your have cars that are newer then 2002, however for the few of us that have older cars this works out for us. Atleast most of us have gone to a junkyard once or twice so even if you have no interest... share the knowleadge for the rest of the members.

MuddyREX
04-27-2005, 04:08 PM
I love going to u-pull-it junkyards. Once, I grabbed a turbo from an old Chrysler Lebaron to use as a paperweight.

Chair-Force
04-27-2005, 07:37 PM
Shorty's U-Pull-It is pretty decent.

Twin_Cam
04-27-2005, 08:44 PM
Oh, also Henry's U-Pull-It in Pennsburg (past Quakertown). Quite a drive, but a really nice (relatively speaking) place. No loose parts lying everywhere. All the cars are in neat rows, all on blocks off the ground. Pretty good selection of cars. Not as big as their Hazleton location.

GeforceXtreme
04-29-2005, 01:13 AM
Never heard of Shorty's U-pull-It. Where is that place located? I think i have heard of Henry's but never been there... Guess will have to get address from you guys.

FC Josh 11
04-29-2005, 08:17 AM
Where exactly in featesterville is yailes cuz i live in woodlyn crossing soo i'm like 2 sec away from feastervill n i wanna no where that junkyard is cuz i need some parts for my civic?[/code]

the mike
04-29-2005, 10:04 AM
WTF did he just say? :cool:

I really am not sure where there are any around you guys, but there are a few in SJ. Unfortunately most over my way aren't "you pull it" types.
There is one in Berlin, though.

Keep an eye out for a wingless hatch for an 89 Nissan 240 sx!! :mrgreen:

1988 Olds
04-29-2005, 10:20 AM
You still can go and have the fun of ripping rear view mirror off of cars. You see any cutlass let me know. I'm looking for two nice tail lights.

teh DIRT
04-29-2005, 10:29 AM
fun times are taking turbos outa old domestics and throwing them through windows.

GeforceXtreme
04-29-2005, 03:26 PM
Where exactly in featesterville is yailes cuz i live in woodlyn crossing soo i'm like 2 sec away from feastervill n i wanna no where that junkyard is cuz i need some parts for my civic?[/code]

I have to find the address again but they do have alot of imports there. Like i said before there prices are ok there nothing really special... but if you want ot get the best deal try to get Herb the older man to buy the part from.

You still can go and have the fun of ripping rear view mirror off of cars. You see any cutlass let me know. I'm looking for two nice tail lights.

At U-Pull-It I have seen alot of your cars there over the last couple months. However you have to keep going like every week because every weeks new cars come in, and some go out.

SmokeyBandit
04-30-2005, 01:09 AM
a good site is www.car-part.com

however, I tend to go to L&T Enterprizes (VW & Audi place) in Allentown, PA

Blaise
04-30-2005, 01:51 AM
fun times are taking turbos outa old domestics and throwing them through windows.

Yeah, really funny. Break the window that somebody else is looking for. :roll: :roll: :roll:

teh DIRT
04-30-2005, 02:45 PM

Yeah, really funny. Break the window that somebody else is looking for. :roll: :roll: :roll:

i only throw them at neons. no body wants those

auk113
04-30-2005, 04:32 PM
WTF did he just say? :cool:

I really am not sure where there are any around you guys, but there are a few in SJ. Unfortunately most over my way aren't "you pull it" types.
There is one in Berlin, though.

Keep an eye out for a wingless hatch for an 89 Nissan 240 sx!! :mrgreen:

haries you pull it has it but it's in alentown about 2h drive
i've seen 5 s13 there, and 2 of htem were wingless