PDA

View Full Version : No swaybar = bad?

TehWagon
06-24-2006, 11:08 AM
Hey all - anyone foresee any ill effects from riding around with no swaybar?

I hit a wall last night (figuratively only!!) trying to get the new mounts on and just decided to give it up and throw in the towel before it got too late.

which is good, because i wanted to make sure the noise disappeared and it wasn't my struts, and it did.

but i wanted to make sure, if i can't get the car back up in the air for a few days/week, that there are not ill effects from being sway-less?

help please. thanks :)

TROLL
06-24-2006, 11:26 AM
one sway is on and one sway is off? that will lead to some very unstable handling characteristics. you will be fine as long as you just cruise around and dont do anything silly, but try to get the car back together when you can. if you were to push the car hard in the corners not only would the car handle very strangely, but you may break the endlinks on the bar thats still in place due to extra stress.
i rode around without either swaybar for about a week back in the day, i knew not to push my car hard when turning and it was all good.

teh DIRT
06-24-2006, 11:51 AM
ive been riding with no rear for three months now. my car didnt come with one nor has the endlink mounts for it. it is unstable though

TROLL
06-24-2006, 01:38 PM
thats different pete! your car wasnt designed for one, ash's was.

teh DIRT
06-24-2006, 02:27 PM
no it was....the 96 had one....

TehWagon
06-24-2006, 03:20 PM
ok thanks guys- i figured the wierd handling might be the only pitfall but i can handle that. i was cruising around today and felt nothing strange, just took it easy around turns.

teh DIRT
06-24-2006, 03:28 PM
the only difference i notice is that the back end is very unstable...like it shifts side to side when cornering hard.