PDA

View Full Version : warrant?

peteyturbo
06-17-2006, 02:13 PM
Long story short, as of now this is what is happening with motorvyvle incident. I merged onto 95s and right after I merged into traffic, my friend from NY, who was riding behind me had a patrol car without lights lit follow him. At this point I was doing 68 mph which is average for this stretch of 95, driving with traffic but speeding just like everyone else, so I slowed to 60mph and check my mirrors again. At this point my friend was pulling into the shoulder with the officer behind him. I decided not to pull over because the officer was never directly behind signaling to pull me over and I was in the middle lane and I felt it was unsafe for me to try that kind of manuver on 95 in that kind of traffic.
After that happened I came back to my house to call him and see what happened. He called me back saying they got my plate and were issuing a warrant, I was like WTF for!!
One hour and 45 min. from my friend being pulled over, the officer comes to my house (out back) screaming my name, so I go outside and ask him what he want, and this is what he said. "Take your bike out of there because I am impounding it and suspending your licence." I said "you can't do that" and he said "would you rather have cuffs?" so I took my bike out of the garage and pushed it up onto my rear alley. Then he asked me if it was my bike, I said yes officer, and he proceeded to write me 5 tickets for the next 1 1/2 hours.
I did not have my paperwork at the time, my permit may be expired, I have ins. but no card at the time and my reg was expired, so he ticketed me for EVRYTHING including inspection which was not done as well. Those tickets are my fault and I am taking care of that but I got a moving violation as well.
He ended up writing me the same ticket as my friend for reckless driving, driving inbetween cars and trucks while cutting them off, and PASSING CARS ON THE SHOULDER!! Keep in mind the was a steady flow of traffic at this time and we had just merged onto 95, and my friend who was behind me, was his first time on that crazy road. We were not doing ANY of the above, and even if we were, there is not enough room from the on ramp to the point where he pulled my friend over to do this. Ticket says 89.2 mph on both of our tickets via. TRACKER, how can you use a tracker for two people at the same time?!?!? It is impossible!
Now I go to traffic court waiting for 3 hours to get a release for my bike to be towed out of impound and they want 900 dollars collateral for my tickets to give me a release. I do not have that kind of money so I had to leave. Keep in mind they impounded this vehicle off of MY PROPERTY which was illegal. He wrote up a LIVE STOP TOWING report almost 2 hours from the incident!
I spoke to a friend of mine who is also a philly officer and he informed me that they cannot take it off of my property like that and they also cannot write me those tickets because he cannot prove it was me that was riding it. He informed me to go to internal affairs and file a complaint because he knows of this officer and he himself has had trouble with him as well as friends. He told me that the officer rides a harley and despises jap bikes and has it out to get them.
My officer friend has even agreed to appear in court on my behalf to vouch for my character since he knows me very well and knows I would never do such a thing.
Is this at all legal?

04CROWNVIC
06-24-2006, 04:49 PM
That is the most insane thing I have ever read.... You should told him when he got to your house that he needs a warrent to get the bike out of the garage.. that would have stopped all this mess..I never heard of such a thing in my life.. i noramlly would never agree to sending someone to IA but the way u were treated ( IF WHAT YOU SAY IS TRUE AND YOU WERE NOT DRIVING RECKLESS) is totally unfair.. I think that if you story is genuine traffic court will get rid of your tickets.. Its such a shame that there are a cops out there that do such things and ruin the reputation of all other police..

peteyturbo
06-26-2006, 01:46 PM
I tried to tell him he couldn't take the bike from my garage and he said "would you rather have the cuffs"? There was really nothing I could do.
I was not driving reckless on the highway, I think he may have even mistaken us for someone else since theese accusations are so extreme..
My friend who is also an Phila PO told me to go to IA because he knows this guy is out to get people riding rice rockets and knows people that have had similar situations with him.
I just hope I get a fair trail and am not rushed in and out of court to save time. This reckless driving ticket is serious to me and I can't afford the points!!
Is it legal for them to come to my house and give me theese tickets since they can't even prove it was me riding the bike?
Thanks for your insight..
That is the most insane thing I have ever read.... You should told him when he got to your house that he needs a warrent to get the bike out of the garage.. that would have stopped all this mess..I never heard of such a thing in my life.. i noramlly would never agree to sending someone to IA but the way u were treated ( IF WHAT YOU SAY IS TRUE AND YOU WERE NOT DRIVING RECKLESS) is totally unfair.. I think that if you story is genuine traffic court will get rid of your tickets.. Its such a shame that there are a cops out there that do such things and ruin the reputation of all other police..