PDA

View Full Version : Bugs, bug guts, paint, and heat

JoeScooby
06-15-2006, 03:47 PM
Anyone know how to get those nasty dried up bug guts off your hood/bumper? I have tried some stuff.. hot hot water, fabric softner, bug & tar remover, even went as far as using 3M adhesive remover on a undisclosed portion of hood.

NOT COMMING OFF.

peteyturbo
06-15-2006, 06:25 PM
kerosene followed by an abrasive clearcoat aleaner (like rubbing compound).. If that won't get it nothing will..Anyone know how to get those nasty dried up bug guts off your hood/bumper? I have tried some stuff.. hot hot water, fabric softner, bug & tar remover, even went as far as using 3M adhesive remover on a undisclosed portion of hood.

NOT COMMING OFF.

Buster
06-16-2006, 01:34 AM
Try a claybar and some soapy water, soap it up first and let it sit. then soap again and claybar it.. gently, and then clean it off.

Gorilla Unit 33
06-16-2006, 04:56 AM
wet sand it and then buff it back out

gary
06-16-2006, 05:18 AM
wow where do you drive... I don't want those bugs on my car. I noticed if I keep a good coat of wax on my bumper, mirrors, and hood I never have trouble getting bugs off. Even after a couple of days of sun on them.

JoeScooby
06-16-2006, 11:12 AM
Medford, iIm trying to stay away from compound and wet sanding...

05Accent
06-16-2006, 11:42 AM
eh never had that problem.. i never really let bugs chill in my bumper for more then a day or so.. espically in the sun.

bastid
07-01-2006, 07:13 PM
Try one of these, they work great! Just grab some suds, and start working on the bugs/guts :thumbup:

http://www.ocdgarage.com/hosasc.html

I've purchased from Brett @ OCD before with great results. Really top notch guy/company... /plug

2slowMX5
07-06-2006, 11:39 PM
wet sand it and then buff it back out

That is definately a last ditch effort.

To the OP, try and find a rubbing compond that is slightly abrasive. It will remove any imperfection, BUT you most certainly will need a good buffer and wax to fill in the minute scratches left from the abrasive...

good luck.

ohh and search the autopia.com site for more info