PDA

View Full Version : Any other Mazdas???

Sid
04-24-2005, 12:28 AM
Hey all. What's up? New guy here from Lansdale, PA. Spotted a site sticker on a WRX and thought I'd drop by.
Relatively new to the import tuning scene, but was previously involved with muscle cars (70.5 Camaro, 63 Nova, 79 T/A, 87 GTA). My current ride is a 2003 Mazda Protege 5 in Sunlight Silver that has: Eibach Pro-Kit, Racing Beat cat-back, Injen CAI, Magnecor wires, Wagner Motorsports shorty headr (soon to be replaced), Nitto Neo-Gens on stock wheels (boo!) and a few tasteful appearance mods.
So, if you spot me, feel free to run me off the road.

Peace.
Sid

teh DIRT
04-24-2005, 12:35 AM
awesome. I really just started liking the looks of the protege's. There are about a dozen mazda's here...mostly RX7's. Welcome to the community, hope to see you at the meets.
-pete

Sid
04-24-2005, 12:48 AM
Thanks dude. Don't know how many meets I can get to, I have very little free time working two jobs and all. Definitely would give it a shot, though. What are the prerequisites for club membership? Still trying to find time to get back into the Mazda club I helped start up. lol

teh DIRT
04-24-2005, 12:50 AM
your in the club. well there is no real set club. just a bunch of auto enthusiasts who call themselves members of "tristatetuners". No prerequisites, just gota love cars and love talking about em.
-Pete

Sid
04-24-2005, 12:55 AM
Cool!

SilverTurboRidin
04-24-2005, 08:24 AM
Glad to have you at our humble home, :)

-Justin

LadyTSi
04-24-2005, 10:16 AM
:driving: :wiggle: Welcome to the club!!

:thumbup:

CarbonIS
04-24-2005, 12:15 PM
Welcome to the site, what kinds of appearance mods do u have done?

WKderF
04-24-2005, 01:16 PM
whats up sid, my car was the one u spotted the sticker on. nice to have u on the forums. your car looks sweet, the drop is perfect IMO.

Silverfc88
04-24-2005, 01:50 PM
Welcome! What kind of club do you have? Bring them over to the site.

Sid
04-24-2005, 08:15 PM
whats up sid, my car was the one u spotted the sticker on. nice to have u on the forums. your car looks sweet, the drop is perfect IMO.

Thanks for the compliments. I would be remiss if I didn't return the kind words. The Rex looks bada$$! Still got a few tricks up my sleeve for appearance, as soon as time and money allow. The Pro-Kit, IMHO, IS the best drop for a "driven" Protege. Although the Espilir kit looks to be a pretty good one, too.

Sid
04-24-2005, 08:20 PM
Welcome! What kind of club do you have? Bring them over to the site.

It's a Mazda enthusiast club, based on the PA/NJ/NYC areas. We have monthly state-by-state mini-meets, and planning is underway for our second big bash. Last year's, at a park in New Brunswick, NJ, brought out 75 Proteges from the Caralinas to New England. On about 6 weeks notice/Planning. We're looking to get 150-200 this year.
Link for the club, MTMA, is in my sig. Check it out if you'd like.

Silverfc88
04-24-2005, 08:30 PM
Ah ok, I remember reading something about that on RX7club.com.

I'll check the site out for the next meet.

TalonTsi97
04-24-2005, 10:26 PM
Welcoem, whats up
can someone tell me what mazda sites are good and any local ones? My friend just bought a 2002 protege and i wanna check some stuff out for him since he doesnt go online much
Thanks

Sid
04-26-2005, 01:52 PM
Welcoem, whats up
can someone tell me what mazda sites are good and any local ones? My friend just bought a 2002 protege and i wanna check some stuff out for him since he doesnt go online much
Thanks

Check out the links in my sig. One is for a Mid-Atlantic regional club, the other for a message board. Really alot of good info on there.

DoubleOughtCel
04-26-2005, 05:05 PM
welcome, hope to see ya at the meets

Sid
04-27-2005, 01:14 AM
Welcome to the site, what kinds of appearance mods do u have done?

Not too many. Mostly interior.
Custom shorty antenna and brushed aluminum guage rings (Thanks DaveB.), G2 caliper paint. I know it may be considered ricey, but the oem "rust color" just wasn't cutting it. Pedal covers/ dead pedal. Underdash neons (red), done mostly as a joke, since on some other boards I've seen it listed as a "mod". But I think I'm the only one that got the joke.
Hope to have a DGMotorsports urethane front lip by the end of summer, and maybe a few other odds and ends (rearview disco ball, perhaps?)

Sid
05-08-2005, 01:18 AM
**Bump**

Yeah, I'm an attention whore. So what? :finga:

MazProSpeed
05-08-2005, 02:45 PM
What's up man. Welcome to the club. I have a 2003 1/2 MazdaSpeed protege. I don't have anything done to it yet but I have a ton of ideas. If you ever want to talk about ideas just PM me on here. And again Welcome