PDA

View Full Version : Good Vibrations reviews??

benji92x
06-12-2006, 05:28 PM
Anyone ever go here? I'm looking to get some stuff done. How is their work quality?

Jeffros Spec V
06-12-2006, 05:45 PM
Well the part owner/maybe owner? His car was in the 'tuner' section of this past car show at the convention center.

his car was also fetured in scc I believe a few months back.

Car looked great.

benji92x
06-12-2006, 06:28 PM
so i guess youre saying that theyre pretty good... what should i expect to pay for a HU install
btw, which issue of scc if you remember?

SexyDSM95
06-13-2006, 09:44 AM
I actually have went to Good Vibrations for a lot of work. Not just tint and what not. He also does installs, last I heard they just did an exhaust on a S4 (which is not an easy task at all). Carl (the owner) is a very reputable guy and is great to deal with. He doesn't fluff up or BS you at all very honest. If you go, you will see a lot of DSM's because that is his forte.

As for tint or anything ricer-like he has great deals and I would recommend him to anyone in the area. KrautFed20v just got tint on his GTI, and the job was done by Good Vibes.

JessDUB
06-13-2006, 01:49 PM
they're a little over priced, it depends what you want to get done. headunit install is probably cheaper somewhere else depending on what kind of unit. and for tint or something id go to car optics or car pretty... if its motor work or something, like sandra said dsm's are his specialty... if its for a honda or something id suggest somewhere like impo..

Gohan
06-13-2006, 02:27 PM
just do the install yourself! grab a wiring harness and be cool like all the other kids!

TalonTsi97
06-13-2006, 05:03 PM
they're a little over priced, it depends what you want to get done. headunit install is probably cheaper somewhere else depending on what kind of unit. and for tint or something id go to car optics or car pretty... if its motor work or something, like sandra said dsm's are his specialty... if its for a honda or something id suggest somewhere like impo..

AHAAHHAAH take it to impo, yea thats would be a good choice.

Everytime i have ever dealt with good vibes its been great. I know friends who have had work done and everything has worked out awesome. Im just unsure on there pricing since i neevr actually had them touch any of my own cars.

igo4bmx
06-13-2006, 08:49 PM
i got **** done there before it was called good vibrations auto salon...
it was just good vibrations...
my alarm was installed there and it still works! lol

SexyDSM95
06-14-2006, 10:06 AM
they're a little over priced, it depends what you want to get done. headunit install is probably cheaper somewhere else depending on what kind of unit. and for tint or something id go to car optics or car pretty... if its motor work or something, like sandra said dsm's are his specialty... if its for a honda or something id suggest somewhere like impo..The IMPO is the biggest rip off shop in the area. Good Vibes is very familiar with Hondas and have completed many projects with them including an awesome turbocharged RSX project which was a beast.

I don't think tint or work is overpriced at his shop at all. It's very fair and reasonable on top of great quality.

Spacepope
06-14-2006, 10:14 AM
i got **** done there before it was called good vibrations auto salon...
it was just good vibrations...
my alarm was installed there and it still works! lol

Then it was at the old shop across the street, and we were called "Good Vibrations Car Audio". I worked there for 9 years, so it was probably me that did your alarm. Glad to hear it's still working.

If you want a head unit done cheap, go to Best Buy, but remember that you get what you pay for.

As for Hondas, they've done plenty of B swaps, turbo kits, headers, AFCs,.... Like Sandy said, they also work on Audi/VW, whatever ya got.

benji92x
06-14-2006, 04:09 PM
are we talking about the same good vibes?, easton road horsham? does anyone know what they charge for HU install? i dont mind paying more for a quality install.

Jeffros Spec V
06-16-2006, 12:41 PM
Hurmmm...I'm thinking of a different store than. I'm sorry.

SexyDSM95
06-16-2006, 01:57 PM
Hurmmm...I'm thinking of a different store than. I'm sorry.There is also a Montgomeryville Store. If it's the same car we are both thinking of it was a Silver 3rd Gen Eclipse that was S/C'ed with blue sticker vinyls all over. All decked out with a Veilside wing, lambo doors, sub glassed into interior, etc.

Jeffros Spec V
06-17-2006, 10:11 AM
I was thinking of that new place that just opened not to long ago called Vibrations. Its on that road right off the Bristol exit of 95.

But on a brighter note..Good Vibrations hooked me up with a great deal on a distribution block and some fuses so I could relocate my battery :)

Supdawg
06-19-2006, 11:38 AM
I have had work done at Good Vibrations Auto Salon.

Those guys really know there stuff. Carl is a good guy and his prices are excellent.

JessDUB
06-19-2006, 04:57 PM
There is also a Montgomeryville Store. If it's the same car we are both thinking of it was a Silver 3rd Gen Eclipse that was S/C'ed with blue sticker vinyls all over. All decked out with a Veilside wing, lambo doors, sub glassed into interior, etc.

wasnt that the kid that bought his car from F&F or whatever? i remember he went to my school. the wheels rubbed everytime he turned, it sounded horrible :confused:

gvautosport
07-04-2006, 12:06 PM
Just found this post...

In regards to the third gen Eclipse out front. The car was originally done in Cali from another shop that hacked the car to death. We simply did the custom audio install on the car and some other misc stuff.

And, yes it still rubs...that would be the big brake kit with the wrong wheels on it...again, the car came to me that way. And, the customer doesnt want to fess up to change em...

Jess...to answer your question. Overpriced? I ask you to find a private shop with cheaper prices than me in my area. If you do...then compare the work and the reputation they have on the street.

Also, you cannot compare my prices to Circuit City (sidenote - she works there) - for equipment I am the same...but for labor - oh no, little different. I do not have the pockets nor the 16 yr installer salaries that they pump into their install bays.

Im not getting defensive - but so many people make comments about how expensive we are...blah blah blah. Open your own shop and lemme know what it takes to pay the bills before you start making comments that have no merit.

We do good work - I can assure you of that. Are we perfect? No, very few shops are and cars can be tricky. At the end of the day...we are not a 'fly by night' shop. We have been in business since 1989 and offer a lifetime labor warranty with no b.s. exclusions.

Also, we ONLY have two locations - Horsham and Morrisville. The Lansdale store was closed a long time ago...

SilverTurboRidin
07-04-2006, 02:00 PM
The setup that good vibrations(morrisville) did when my mom had the neon. Still partially in there

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v627/izbeapimp69/Mom/mini-onwebcam010.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v627/izbeapimp69/Mom/mini-onwebcam011.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v627/izbeapimp69/Mom/mini-onwebcam012.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v627/izbeapimp69/Mom/mini-onwebcam013.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v627/izbeapimp69/Mom/mini-onwebcam014.jpg

gvautosport
07-04-2006, 10:07 PM
Thanks for the pics silver...Matt never did give me those photos for my album!!!

SilverTurboRidin
07-05-2006, 12:18 AM
they are in there now...i stopped down the shop to talk to matt a bit time ago....was looking into fiberglass, for a W7...something a little drastic, but deadly loud...haha

JessDUB
07-05-2006, 08:46 AM
So I guess what I said didnt come off like I wanted.
Granted good vibes is a good place and they do great work, I just meant for a head unit install, like a simple radio, you probably are better off at somewhere like circuit. And I know not all circuit citys/best buys have the best installers, but you have to decide which one does by other customers feedback. The installers at mine do a great job, and theyve been doing it for years. Youve seen the work they did on my car.
Big systems/performace stuff I would deffinitly go to good vibes, I just came there a couple weeks ago for my exhaust. It all just depends on what you're looking for I guess. Plus they're the only reputable place around this area for that kind of stuff.

KrautFed20V
07-05-2006, 08:53 AM
horse crap you're never better off going to circuit city or best buy they do hack jobs.... you pay for what you get

igo4bmx
07-05-2006, 09:40 AM
Then it was at the old shop across the street, and we were called "Good Vibrations Car Audio". I worked there for 9 years, so it was probably me that did your alarm. Glad to hear it's still working.

If you want a head unit done cheap, go to Best Buy, but remember that you get what you pay for.

As for Hondas, they've done plenty of B swaps, turbo kits, headers, AFCs,.... Like Sandy said, they also work on Audi/VW, whatever ya got.

I just remember one dude worked for like UPS and came right in and changed and was behind the counter.
the other guy drove a 1g dsm.
either way the guys were good guys:supz:

2000MRDC2
07-05-2006, 03:11 PM
Well the part owner/maybe owner? His car was in the 'tuner' section of this past car show at the convention center.

his car was also fetured in scc I believe a few months back.

Car looked great.

Are u talking about the guy with the red CL-S thats supercharged and all, used to be silver. If thats wht ur talking about its sic.

assault187
07-31-2006, 10:32 AM
Good vibrations is awsome! they do incredible work and stand by all there work. Good warranties also. I would rec. anyone in the area to go there for tint (best around) performance work (any vehicle) and of course your car audio,video, remote starts and alarms. They use good product and for the pricing, its the same as any other shop besides franchises but do u really want best buy or tweeter to install anything??? you get what u pay for

and jess....IMPO does horrible work!

james_ls
08-02-2006, 12:58 AM
IMPO = Acceptable.

If you have a Honda...INCREDIBLE!!

ketchup!
08-02-2006, 11:23 AM
IMPO = Acceptable.

hmmm im gonna have to disagree with you james

IMPO=thumbs down

igo4bmx
08-02-2006, 03:39 PM
IMPO = Acceptable.

IMPO = honda ripoff central.

james_ls
08-04-2006, 01:51 PM
Whatver...each to their own.

cmr076
08-06-2006, 07:34 PM
good vibes is awesome... i do work there so i guess i wouldnt say anything bad about it but the caliber of work we do is crazy, lately weve been doing some sick stuff, an 06 c6 vette, supercharging a mitsu lancer, just turbod a scion i mean we know our stuff. our techs are awesome and totally professional, the owner carl dosent bs and knows a lot about most thinks performance and sound related, our tinter gabbi does flawless work and i urge anyone that questions our talent and level of professionalism to stop by and talk to me or any of the other guys... it kinda sucks to be compared to shops like circuit and BB, ya they may be able to sell stuff a little cheaper but at the end of the day not only are you getting a lifetime warranty your supporting your local shop!

tiffany
08-27-2006, 05:50 PM
where is that place at?

olmytsi
08-27-2006, 06:49 PM
On 611, 2 minutes from the willow grove air force base. http://www.goodvibesauto.com/

SilverTurboRidin
08-29-2006, 02:17 PM
where is that place at?

Hey tiff there is one in morrisville on bridge street. Across the street from smoking moe's and right next to hogg's and rice motorcycles

SpendOne
08-29-2006, 02:22 PM
GOOD VIBES FTW!!! Plus if your at the Horsham shop you can see not only my own, but also a bunch of broken DSM's....LOL. J/K.