PDA

View Full Version : Mr. Clean autodry??

Crzyguy972
06-10-2006, 02:23 PM
I am beginning to get lazy at washing the car and just deciding to leave it dirty. which makes me mad because when i do clean it, the car tends to get rained on and dirty again. So has anyone eer tried the mr. clean autodry and if so what are your comments. Thanx

98Eclipse03
06-10-2006, 08:55 PM
it works fine and it really doesn't leave any water spots. i was suprised how good it worked and if you're looking to get it done quick it's great. try it, i'm sure you'll think the same.

DoubleOughtCel
06-10-2006, 10:17 PM
it works fine and it really doesn't leave any water spots. i was suprised how good it worked and if you're looking to get it done quick it's great. try it, i'm sure you'll think the same.

+1.

I've never been into waxing my car or drying it with a chamois, so I got this from a friend for my b-day a few years ago and can't complain about it at all.

mr_eh
06-10-2006, 10:38 PM
honestly, i used this on my pontiac grand am i had for 7 years, the paint was mint, i started using the auto dry exclusively and the paint bubbled and peeled in 2 spots, i didnt think much of it, googled and found a lot of people had this issue, dont know why it happened, but it hasnt touched my srt4

zaino wash, california blade, old towel... car is mint every time

US_R33
06-12-2006, 04:05 PM
i've never had a problem with my autodry on my s13 (House of Kolor paint is MUCH softer than your OEM Dodge paint...don't know why you'd have any issues)

JoeScooby
06-14-2006, 07:02 PM
i used it maybe twice... did a good job. Left very minor minor spots. Lost it somewhere in my garage. Back to manual drying.

05Accent
06-14-2006, 07:05 PM
eh never gave it a try tho. but now im starting to think about it.

Buster
06-15-2006, 12:49 AM
Doesnt anyone shake their car off anymore?

markley02
06-15-2006, 08:16 AM
works good for me.

05Accent
06-15-2006, 08:55 AM
i used to just wash it and drive. left me with no problem.

HuffRex
06-15-2006, 11:29 AM
I've owned it for over a year...works wonderfully on a black car with a flake coat! Mr. Clean autodry FTW!

R33P3R007
06-15-2006, 11:32 AM
it's ok, but if your car is in the sun it dries crappy and leaves marks. you gotta do it in the shade. comes up great everytime.

US_R33
06-16-2006, 08:23 AM
it's ok, but if your car is in the sun it dries crappy and leaves marks. you gotta do it in the shade. comes up great everytime.
i leave mine out in the sun w/o any issues

when using this thing you gotta be sure that you are really thorough with every area you spray on the car....if not when you're spraying the filtered water to finish the job you'll notice some areas look different than the others....those are the parts that won't dry themselves and will end up leaving water marks......this has happened to me a couple of times when i'm in a rush :(

Scapegoat
06-16-2006, 10:36 AM
I love it

IMPREZvWRX
07-02-2006, 09:40 AM
i started using the auto dry exclusively and the paint bubbled and peeled in 2 spots, i didnt think much of it, googled and found a lot of people had this issue, dont know why it happened, but it hasnt touched my srt4All I could find was people who thought you didn't need to hand wash when you used it, and people who let the soap dry on the paint. Not sure how long you spent Googling it, bu I give up. Care to link to some of these cases? I'm not sure how purified water (which is all that's really going on with the Auto Dry unit anyway) is going to ruin paint.

Anyway, I used it on my black WRX (and it was awesome), the gray Talon (awesome again) and the silver Audi (which never looks dirty anyway) and I'll keep using it. I just found that witht he darker cars, I needed to wash in the shade to keep the sun from drying the soap, which would happen with a normal hand wash anyway.

2slowMX5
07-06-2006, 11:47 PM
C'mon people.... We call ourselves enthusiasts but were not willing to spend a few minites to dry our cars?!?!??

Seriously, it takes little to no time at all to dry a car. This Mr. Clean stuff is probably fine, but a regular old car wash solution will do the same thing, and is probably cheaper.

Plus while drying your car, you will also remove dirt that you might of missed OR if you washed to gentle, will come off leaving your car cleaner in the process.

Ok, FAST way to dry your car.

1: squeegee it dry (california car blade is awsome)

2: follow up with a lint free towell. (no special chamois needed)

3: If your really into it, follow up with a quality microfiber cloth.

This all needs to be done in the shade btw.... If your in the sun, all bets are off

reeksti
07-07-2006, 03:50 AM
boo mr clean FTL...... this crap doesnt do S**T, i rather wash the car by hand and do a better job takin dirt off

SilverTurboRidin
07-07-2006, 11:01 AM
i used it before...i have one some where around here...but it doesnt really get my jolly's off if you know what i mean..

Jourdan
07-09-2006, 01:04 PM
power wash+ tire cleaner + shammy cloth thing= brilliant shine & no water spots.

and i am super lazy.:cool:

D Money
07-09-2006, 01:12 PM
I love the Mr. Clean autodry! I use it, but I still use a california water blade and then an absorber, best combo!

dancemf666
07-09-2006, 01:28 PM
I've had it since it came out.Works good no spots.