PDA

View Full Version : H22A4 in an EG hatch

Blaise
04-22-2005, 06:23 PM
Never seen one in person before, yikes. Guy just stopped by... the PS pump actually has dented the hood outward :eek:

http://img191.echo.cx/img191/3783/h22a46bh.jpg

I cant wait to race the guy, it sucks that we got rained out tonight :(

Twin_Cam
04-22-2005, 06:30 PM
Verrrrry nice. Prelude motor. wOOt!

I'm very jealous of these Honda types. They can bolt all sorts of motors into these little, lightweight hatches. Next car I get will be a 2g MR2 Turbo or a EG hatch with a turbo B18 in it :rock:

Blaise
04-22-2005, 08:01 PM
That's good, because my friend (3 houses down) is selling his Grey Hatch with a B18B and turbo kit! IM me dude...

irocdaparty85
04-22-2005, 08:20 PM
I have a close friend with a completly built JDM H22 in his 01' lude. Everything is redone, inside and out on the motor with the capability of something like 40psi. The car is sitting at a shop in georgia and still hasn't been brought home. But trust me - when it comes, you'll see it at the RR meets.
I, on the other hand have just an N/A 97 lude. I'll hopefull put a turbo on the motor. But I guess you could say I'm a little frightened by boost. And yes, the hatch guys definately have the weight advantage. But, I just love the body lines of my lude.

LSHatch
04-22-2005, 08:34 PM
I used to have a hatch with an H22 in it. It was a decent motor. Definitely had some nice torque for a Honda.

Blaise
04-22-2005, 08:35 PM
40psi safe.. from what? A 13b?

Seriously, I've heard the 'boosted lude' story way too many times. The last guy who told me that he had a mid 11 second lude (yes, it had a huge turbo) ended up crying all the way home after losing to my friends 'stock' WRX :lol:

Not that I dislike the lude, but there are VERY few fast ones.

99ElectronBlueCivicSi
04-22-2005, 10:56 PM
looks good could use some minor cleaning and a new header tho and it would look much betetr

irocdaparty85
04-23-2005, 09:57 AM
40psi safe.. from what? A 13b?

Seriously, I've heard the 'boosted lude' story way too many times. The last guy who told me that he had a mid 11 second lude (yes, it had a huge turbo) ended up crying all the way home after losing to my friends 'stock' WRX :lol:

Not that I dislike the lude, but there are VERY few fast ones.

Just to clarify - he definately won't push that kind of boost. But they rate the block as being capable of handling that sort of boost.

Jeffros Spec V
04-23-2005, 11:23 AM
I used to have a hatch with an H22 in it. It was a decent motor. Definitely had some nice torque for a Honda.

YOur looks 9 times better than this thing

TurboTagTeam
04-30-2005, 08:42 PM
40 psi??? are you joking? There are professional built race cars running in the 8's only running 30-37psi. And those are rebuilt after 3 or 4 runs. Even 15 psi in a stock H22 is good for at least 500 WHP. I seriously doubt that even a fully built street driven H22 could handle that much boost.

Brett99GST
04-30-2005, 11:44 PM
A 13b turbo would max at like 2? PSI if it even hit 20. It simply wouldnt push anymore. Yea, John Shepard runs like 37 PSI in his Race Built 8.7 1/4 mile talon. 40 PSI is nuts. I dont know much about Hondas, but 40 PSI in any gasoline engine requires Tons of money, tons of tunning on RACE C16 Fuel, and years of expeirece and lots of spare parts. He would have to have about 6-7 Grand dumped into the engine alone alone with cryo treated Pistons, titanium sleeves, the whole 9 yards. If its been sitting in the garage for 2 years, it sounds like it hasnt been paid much attention to which sounds like it def doesnt have suporting mods to run 40 PSI.

Brett99GST
04-30-2005, 11:46 PM
My bad, i dont know where i got 2 years from.

Blaise
05-01-2005, 12:08 AM
A 13b turbo would max at like 2? PSI if it even hit 20. It simply wouldnt push anymore. Yea, John Shepard runs like 37 PSI in his Race Built 8.7 1/4 mile talon. 40 PSI is nuts. I dont know much about Hondas, but 40 PSI in any gasoline engine requires Tons of money, tons of tunning on RACE C16 Fuel, and years of expeirece and lots of spare parts. He would have to have about 6-7 Grand dumped into the engine alone alone with cryo treated Pistons, titanium sleeves, the whole 9 yards. If its been sitting in the garage for 2 years, it sounds like it hasnt been paid much attention to which sounds like it def doesnt have suporting mods to run 40 PSI.

Uh, you're not catching the joke.

If you used a really small turbo with the ability to spin to 40psi, it would work fine.

Brett99GST
05-01-2005, 12:08 PM

Uh, you're not catching the joke.

If you used a really small turbo with the ability to spin to 40psi, it would work fine.

Accually your wrong. Even if that turbo was capable of producing 40 PSI of boost. You would be heak soaking the **** outta the car and detonating like crazy. Smaller turbos like 16g's, Garrett T-28s and even smaller like the 13G's you were mentioning arent very thermal effiecinent above 20 PSI. The t-28 and 16G can be pushed to about 23 but after that, your going to get slower and risk damage to your engine. Even with a full sized front mount intercooler, at 23-24 PSI, a Big 16G will start to heak soak. If you dont know what detonation a.k.a. "Knock" is, I will give you a crash course. When running a turbo, the higher the boost you run, the higher the tempature of the air being forced into the engine. At high boost levels with out something to cool the air down, the air accually becomes so hot that it burns the fuel before the spark plug can get a chance to ingnite it. This is caused detonation and can destroy an engine. Thats why bigger turbos at lower boost can provide more power than a smaller turbo at high boost. Air is alot cooler going into he engine and the turbo its self flows more CFM's. There is alot behnd 40 PSI. Most people running boost liek that use liquid cooled intercoolers because they cool the air better.

Blaise
05-01-2005, 12:34 PM
:roll: Christ, as if I didn't even know what at turbo was.

I KNOW WHAT YOU'RE SAYING. IT WAS A JOKE.

But theoretically, I'm still right. A (tiny) race-designed turbo that can spin to 80-90psi with proper cooling and whatnot would spin to 40psi and not hurt that motor.

And besides, you're argueing against somebody who was agreeing with you. Didn't I reply that 40psi was impossible on that engine? The crack at the 13b with 40psi was a joke mang... :rolleyes:

Silverfc88
05-01-2005, 12:56 PM
You can't boost a 13b with 40psi, you would blow that ish up! :lol:

So have you raced him yet?

Blaise
05-01-2005, 05:08 PM
You can't boost a 13b with 40psi, you would blow that ish up! :lol:

So have you raced him yet?

Haha, I know, and no, I haven't. Stupid finals!