PDA

View Full Version : electrical problem!!!!!!

Gorilla Unit 33
06-04-2006, 09:27 PM
i think i may have blown a relay some where in my car. last night i was driving noticed my instrument cluster lights were not working; i didnt think anything of it: then i got to my destination where my friend had told me i had no rear running lights either. so it just so happens some one else with an integra had the same problem and it was a relay. Now my alarm doesnt even work either so i need some one to come diagnose this problem first because i have no prior experience messing arround with this. Anyone ever have this problem in there car? or anyone have another idea to what it is?

blewbyU
06-04-2006, 09:31 PM
i think you just blew a fuse

blewbyU
06-04-2006, 09:31 PM
the dash cluster, rear tails, and i think radio are all on one fuse.

Gorilla Unit 33
06-04-2006, 10:13 PM
its not a fuse all fuses are fine

cburwell
06-04-2006, 10:48 PM
Are the relay boxes on the integras labeled (so you know which relay controls what)? If so just go through and pull each relay out one by one and jump it using a small length of wire.

I had to do this to figure out why my horn would sometimes work.

Gorilla Unit 33
06-04-2006, 11:23 PM
^this i dont know how to do... your help is wanted if u'd like to take a look some time this week ur not far from me

Gorilla Unit 33
06-05-2006, 04:59 AM
i still have this problem, i need some help

On Sale
06-05-2006, 03:07 PM
Ok ahh LJ i told ya it was a relay.

I got under his dash, removed every fuse. they are all fine, second. I checked under the hood, every fuse is fine.

As for the relays, they only have part numbers. And the relay he needs to replace is up and behind the dashboard. I know this becuase my friend had an integra with the SAME problems, and it was his relay and it was a bitch to get to it under the dash.

Good luck man, and if ya want, someday this week i can help ya tear ur dash apart if you get a new relay.

Gorilla Unit 33
06-06-2006, 09:56 AM
NEED HELP PEOPLE!!! i talked to wkderf and im still waiting on a retuned pm. im totally lost on this problem and i need help with it asap. i would appreciate it.

Gorilla Unit 33
06-07-2006, 06:52 PM
help....

D Money
06-07-2006, 06:55 PM
How about uh..

I told you so!

Gorilla Unit 33
06-07-2006, 07:33 PM
how bout i did

Intercooled T
06-07-2006, 07:34 PM
did you take a test-light to all the fuses?

Gorilla Unit 33
06-07-2006, 08:51 PM
did you take a test-light to all the fuses?
this i dont know how to do...

i did pull all the fuses though to check them out and make sure there all fine and they were

Smokescreen
06-08-2006, 01:22 AM
Are the relay boxes on the integras labeled (so you know which relay controls what)? If so just go through and pull each relay out one by one and jump it using a small length of wire.

I had to do this to figure out why my horn would sometimes work.
Why don't you try and PM ^^

I usually see him when I'm at work since we're parked in the same lot.

Gorilla Unit 33
06-10-2006, 12:46 PM
ok after being up for some 30+hrs now i spent all night last nigh until an hour ago working on my car... its still not fixed and not me nor Jim, Greddy, or hatchsurfer can figure out wtf is wrong...

Intercooled T
06-10-2006, 10:20 PM
a test-light is a screwdriver looking thing that attaches to a 12v source, and on the other end has a metal point that you can touch each plugged-in fuse with. If the test-light does lightup, the fuse is good. I say this because a fuse can look fine, but the testlight actually runs current through it and sees if it is really indeed good. Sorry, I know you're frustrated, I've experienced these problems too with my car and after replacing a battery/alternator and other misc things, it was just a fuse. I don't want you to go through the same lol Good luck man

edit: btw, they're like 10 bucks at pepboys, grab one, they're good to have for electrical diagnosis because you should always check the basics first.

Gorilla Unit 33
06-11-2006, 05:18 PM
checked all the fuses with a test light... they were all good at the time before starting the car...

once i flick the switch it blows the interior lighting and runing light fuse (its all on the same fuse). I dunno i tore apart my whole interior carpet and seat everything pulled out. we searched all over for maybe a short or a bad ground. we cant find any thing... im taking the car to rev it up some time later this week to get looked at but today i ran into another problem. my head unit stopped working but it still has a constant power eject and injects the cd and the face plate does flip down, but it wont light up or play cd's/radio/ or anything. ohh and on top of that i got pulled over today for not having updated inspection they gave me a 5 day warning which i have to show the officer that i got inspection within 5days or i get a fine. theres no way ill pass inspection with no cat/or resonator let alone my running lights dont workin in the rear. WTF! some one wanna help me out before i get screwed with this huge fine ?

Intercooled T
06-11-2006, 06:52 PM
if the fuse is blowing when you flick the switch, you definitely have a wire grounding out man...don't just search your interior, you also have to look under the hood. For my car, I had a ground wire on the inside of my pass side fender (held in by a screw by my battery) The screw was all rusted and loose and the connection was grounding out.

Check all wire harnesses, wires coming from your wiring harness under the hood, etc...even your radio if you just installed it. You could have a loose wire coming from the radio and hitting somehwere inside of your console. It's there man, just gotta find it! :)

Intercooled T
06-11-2006, 06:54 PM
well, for a TEMPORARY solution for inspection for you electrical problem, get a higher amperage fuse (>30amps) that WON'T blow, but this shouldn't be used all the time. Might keep your lights working for a little while if you're getting inspected and give you a little grace period. I'm guessign yoru stereo fuse is like 5-10 amps, correct?

Gorilla Unit 33
06-12-2006, 01:03 AM
10 amp stereo... are u saying by using a bigger amp fuse im not going to fry my wiring either?

Intercooled T
06-12-2006, 09:02 AM
thats why I said temporary :)

Intercooled T
06-12-2006, 09:03 AM
You COULD fry your wiring...but chances are you would not, unless you kept this fuse in for a long period of time...just a temporary solution to passing inspection, I've had to do it before when it came down to the wire

Gorilla Unit 33
06-13-2006, 12:55 PM
ok well new update... MY WINDOWS WONT GO UP! and the fuse's are all fine except for the interior one that keeps blowing but it has nothing to do with the windows not working. i took the door panels off and all everything is plugged in WTF!!!

Gorilla Unit 33
06-15-2006, 11:23 PM
im dropping this bitch off at C And R diagonostics tomarrow in Chichester

Erik
06-18-2006, 10:36 AM
if you can, try to follow the wire cluster through your firewall and under your hood. It seems like a ground problem as said before. Also, you may want to check behind your headlights switch, etc. for a short where wires may be touching. Check the grounds under the hood. Most of them are near the battery, close to the latch, unless your car is mostly fiber glass. If thats the case, check near the chassy going down the side of the engine compartment and the chassy on the bottem of the engine compartment. Most of the time, it is just simply a loose or rusty bolt. You can just simply re-wire the ground or change the bolt. If that doesnt work, post again, ill think of my things to do.

JoeScooby
06-19-2006, 09:10 AM
what year and model is your car. Lemme see if I can find the wiring diagram. Im a aircraft electrician.. you fix one wiring problem you fix em all.

redtruck123
06-19-2006, 10:00 AM
get a dmm

Gorilla Unit 33
06-19-2006, 02:14 PM
what year and model is your car. Lemme see if I can find the wiring diagram. Im a aircraft electrician.. you fix one wiring problem you fix em all.
1995 Acura Integra GSR

...Waiting on a call back today from CNR hopefully this isnt going to cost me an assload, i have yet to figure out deffinately what the problem is... :(

Erik
06-23-2006, 02:26 PM
did you ever figure out what your problem was?