PDA

View Full Version : Bov

EIXVO
05-26-2006, 09:11 AM
can you put a Blow off Valve on a supercharger?

pearlcoupeg35
05-26-2006, 09:42 AM
Vortech kit for you car (our cars) comes with a cool BOV.......to be honest, i dont know if you can change it around using BOV's designed for Turbo's, but i know that it sounds damn good when it releases!

If you are considering a S/C for your Z, find someone with a Vortech and go for a ride.....youll be hooked! :mrgreen:

cburwell
05-26-2006, 07:29 PM
You generally see BOV (usually called bypass valves) used on centrifugal supercharger setups. I have seen a mustang with a vortech charger and an HKS SS BOV.

EIXVO
05-28-2006, 12:55 PM
Pearl I ordered my vortech kit last week lol, I was wondering in advance so if the stock gies pshhhhh then I dont need another one hehehe

resisTm3
05-28-2006, 01:23 PM
you will run rich if you use a bov on a CF SC setup... bypass valves are what is mainly used

could just depend on the car / kit too

i replaced my bpv with a turbo xs... sounded sick, but definately lost some power, throttle response, and slower boost build

so back to bpv.

pearlcoupeg35
05-29-2006, 07:49 PM
Pearl I ordered my vortech kit last week lol, I was wondering in advance so if the stock gies pshhhhh then I dont need another one hehehe

Vortech rules! You will love that kit.....just make sure the install & tune are done PERFECTLY by someone who knows how to boost the VQ.

Congrats!

PS: The sound is siiickness man. Youll be happy :)

moorefire
05-30-2006, 08:33 AM
you will run rich if you use a bov on a CF SC setup... bypass valves are what is mainly used

could just depend on the car / kit too

i replaced my bpv with a turbo xs... sounded sick, but definately lost some power, throttle response, and slower boost build

so back to bpv.

Yes, because MAF cars hate aptmospheric BOVs and using one with stock engine managment will make you run rich as hell on decel.

But, many quality BOVs like the greddys and the HKS super sequential can be recirculated (making them bypass valves and retainging good drivability with the stock ECU.) But you don't get the ricer noise that way, and thats all most people really want.

US_R33
05-30-2006, 01:56 PM
just make sure the install & tune are done PERFECTLY by someone who knows how to boost the VQ
CarV2 :cough: :cough: