PDA

View Full Version : Compressor Surge!!!

Blackv6Stang
05-16-2006, 08:29 PM
It's been going on with the stock BPV (converted to Bov) but i never noticed this until i put a CAI on the car. It sounded like a horrible choking sound and almost like a "clunk" but definitely caused by air!

I know this is bad for the turbo but what do i do since even with the car being stock this is still going on!

please help

WRXD
05-16-2006, 09:20 PM
It's been going on with the stock BPV (converted to Bov) but i never noticed this until i put a CAI on the car. It sounded like a horrible choking sound and almost like a "clunk" but definitely caused by air!

I know this is bad for the turbo but what do i do since even with the car being stock this is still going on!

please help

might have something to do with the stock bpv being converted to a bov...I know on WRXs this is really bad...there is a chance you can suck unfiltered air back in through the valve. I assume that by 'converted' you mean that you just disconnected the recirculating hose and all the air is just venting...

I dont know if its surge or not, but thats definitely not good for the car.

Blackv6Stang
05-16-2006, 11:20 PM
i'll ask about that on the saab forum too.

thanks man.

any other ideas?

Raven18940
05-19-2006, 01:42 PM
I'd love to try and help, but frankly I have idea what kind of noise you're talking about. Diagnosing sounds on the internet sucks.

peteyturbo
05-19-2006, 10:08 PM
Did you vent your diverter valve out into the open air? Do you have a mass airflow sensor? How much boost does you car hit (maximum)..Answer theese ??'s and I will explain.

03tarmacblack
05-23-2006, 04:53 PM
Sorry for bringing this back from the dead, but I had the same thing as you when I had the intake and stock diverter valve. Its normal, even though you converted it, its still bypassing some air causing that sound. The only way to solve to problem is to spend some money..(ex. a new bov welded directly to your upper icp, so you dont use the stock tubes that still have a hole for a bypass valve) or go back to stock.