PDA

View Full Version : perrin BOV

1320wrx
05-15-2006, 08:26 PM
i know intakes and blow off valves have the reputation to make wrx's run bad at idle. the perric blow off valve will recirculate air the same way the stock recirc valve does. will this still mess up my air to fuel ratio.:bigeek:

S4toSTI
05-15-2006, 08:29 PM
i know intakes and blow off valves have the reputation to make wrx's run bad at idle. the perric blow off valve will recirculate air the same way the stock recirc valve does. will this still mess up my air to fuel ratio.:bigeek:
If it vents to the atmosphere at all it will run you alittle rich between shifts and at idle... but while driving probably not.

MuddyREX
05-16-2006, 10:31 AM
Here's my .02

You have posted about a BOV and a bigger intercooler as your first mods. Bad idea. Do some searches on Nasioc/ClubWRX/I-club and you'll see the best first mods are engine management, uppipe, and turbo back exhaust. You'll have an entirely new car.

S4toSTI
05-16-2006, 10:36 AM
I agree with mudddy. Find a sti up pipe and a nice tbe then some kind of em. If you don't have dough like that i would do up pipe and tbe and then hold out for a tune of some sort.

D Money
05-16-2006, 11:36 AM
Here's my .02

You have posted about a BOV and a bigger intercooler as your first mods. Bad idea. Do some searches on Nasioc/ClubWRX/I-club and you'll see the best first mods are engine management, uppipe, and turbo back exhaust. You'll have an entirely new car.
Same thing I told him, I have an uppipe and turboback sitting right here in my garage, let me know.

TROLL
05-16-2006, 11:38 AM
the perrin bov which recirculates will be fine on your car, except its completely unnecessary since the stock valve is good until you're running very high boost.

Smokescreen
05-16-2006, 02:56 PM
Go here. Everything you need to know. (http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showthread.php?t=80872)