PDA

View Full Version : Snow Flake Winter Rally- Sat Feb 5th, 2005-Rochester, NY

teh DIRT
01-12-2005, 05:51 PM
Good news for all of you who would rather thrash through mud and snow than wash and shine your car.

The Finger Lakes Region SCCA is hosting the Snow Flake Road Rally, and I suggest that you all register now and attend. This is a TSD rally where time and precision are what is needed to win. This is a rally where cars are set off in one minute increments and expected to arrive at keytimes (checkpoints) on their issued time. If you arrive to early or late then you will be issued penalty points. I could go on and on but I can just link you. I suggest you register now because the limit is 35 cars. The first car off is at 5:31pm so you will be driving late into the night. Added lighting is suggested as it gets VERY dark in the woods.

Also since the rally will end late in the nite, I wil be renting a room at the motel listed on the rally flyer.

I hope to see you all there
-Pete
P.S.-If there is enough interest I will set up a caravan so no one gets uber-lost.
Link to Site-http://www.flr-scca.com/rally/2005/index.html
Link to Flyer-http://www.flr-scca.com/rally/2005/Feb5Flyer.pdf

nysofmind
01-12-2005, 06:21 PM
i'm going to the rally this sat. should be pretty cool, but im not driving this time around. EDIT:The rally this saturday is a rally cross not a road rally...i did the first one of the season that met at cheap charlies back in december with a friend. It was pretty fun even though we got a bit lost and did terribly.

Vypurr
01-12-2005, 09:06 PM
How long of a drive is this? It would be cool to watch.

teh DIRT
01-12-2005, 10:22 PM
its not something you can really watch. youll see 35 cars go by and never see them again. but im not sure how long it is

nysofmind
01-12-2005, 10:55 PM
the road rally i did that started at cheap charlies took approximately three hours if i'm not mistaken. It takes a long time, but the roads are all very isolated and unpaved, so it was pretty cool. Last time i went, there was a silver gc8 with an exhaust that some dude had, but the rest of the cars were mostly grocery getter types. There was one evo. that was a checkpoint person that i think belonged to the rally master. The rally isn't about hauling ass to get where you need to go, its more about being on time always. Still a lot of fun though, especially when you need to play catchup and are going 60 in the snow on an unpaved road, then you gotta slam on the brakes because its a checkpoint.

teh DIRT
01-12-2005, 10:59 PM
the road rally i did that started at cheap charlies took approximately three hours if i'm not mistaken. It takes a long time, but the roads are all very isolated and unpaved, so it was pretty cool. Last time i went, there was a silver gc8 with an exhaust that some dude had, but the rest of the cars were mostly grocery getter types. There was one evo. that was a checkpoint person that i think belonged to the rally master. The rally isn't about hauling ass to get where you need to go, its more about being on time always. Still a lot of fun though, especially when you need to play catchup and are going 60 in the snow on an unpaved road, then you gotta slam on the brakes because its a checkpoint.

that sounds about right. I havent done any FLR region rallies but i did a TSD in NJ called the Pine Barrens Rally. This one lasted 8 hours and traversed over 150miles.

nysofmind
01-12-2005, 11:53 PM
just talked to my friend who said it was 180 miles and about 6 hours...six hours went damn quick if he's right! i guess doing calculations for nearly six hours kept me too busy to realize it. it is a lot of fun though. We even accidentally ran over an owl, which was funny for some reason. Definitely a lot of fun though, maybe i'll try to make it out to that one, but thats awfully close to the end of my second semester.

teh DIRT
01-13-2005, 12:14 AM
sweet. this should be good.

Vypurr
01-13-2005, 01:38 AM
Anybody need a Navigator?

I can't exactly run my SRT... :cry:

teh DIRT
01-13-2005, 01:41 AM
actually i do need a navi. can you read tulip format instructions?

Vypurr
01-13-2005, 01:47 AM
Yea....of course...who can't.... :roll:

*note to self, learn what tulip format instructions are!

teh DIRT
01-13-2005, 01:49 AM
bah! you know what man. if you can make this then your my navi. I can teach you in two minutes how to read rally notes

are you comin to the meet tomorow....?

Vypurr
01-13-2005, 01:52 AM
i am gonna try to stop by after work (ends at 9)

I just gotta brush up on my NRI's, OM's and DELTA's!

nysofmind
01-13-2005, 01:58 AM
tulip instructions are no problem...its nice to have 2 navi's sometimes...one to keep track of time on a stopwatch and give the driver time updates, and another to do the math.

teh DIRT
01-13-2005, 02:11 AM
tulip instructions are no problem...its nice to have 2 navi's sometimes...one to keep track of time on a stopwatch and give the driver time updates, and another to do the math.

you wana nav too?

nysofmind
01-13-2005, 09:49 PM
if im not too busy with ****in school work at that point. Like i said, thats pretty close to finals for me :( . mech. engineering sux

teh DIRT
01-14-2005, 12:26 AM
if im not too busy with ****in school work at that point. Like i said, thats pretty close to finals for me :( . mech. engineering sux

whoa whoa whoa. mech engineering doesnt suck....i happen to enjoy it.

leeden
01-14-2005, 11:39 AM
I'm still debating this one. Not keen on night rallying, if I had a beater car I would.

nysofmind
01-14-2005, 07:43 PM

whoa whoa whoa. mech engineering doesnt suck....i happen to enjoy it.
where do you (did you) go to school?

nysofmind
01-14-2005, 07:44 PM
I'm still debating this one. Not keen on night rallying, if I had a beater car I would.
its pretty safe, its all within 34-45 mph or something like that

teh DIRT
01-14-2005, 08:32 PM
i goto temple university in philadelphia.

nysofmind
01-14-2005, 11:06 PM
nice, i go to rochester institute of tech. up here. Weather sucks, there aren't that many girls, the work is hard, but it'll all be worth it in the end.

teh DIRT
01-15-2005, 12:58 AM
nice, i go to rochester institute of tech. up here. Weather sucks, there aren't that many girls, the work is hard, but it'll all be worth it in the end.

i was very close to going there....but i go to temple for free so i chose temple

nysofmind
01-24-2005, 10:03 PM
i'd be glad you didn't. Besides academics, everything about this school/area sucks bigtime