04-18-2005, 11:40 PM
http://m3.digital7.com/wtfhotwheels.jpg

You gon' get eaten by my scoop!

Matthew
04-18-2005, 11:41 PM
Looks like he is pulling away...

stichris
04-18-2005, 11:42 PM
LOLz, that car makes more power than yours, stock.

Twin_Cam
04-19-2005, 12:14 AM
I cannot believe someone did that to a new Mustang. Death to them and their family!

96Stang
04-19-2005, 12:43 AM
that sure is ugly...make it go behind you...might look better...lol

stichris
04-19-2005, 12:44 AM
I quickly did. He was cruising at 80 or so. I was cruising somewhat faster than that, and just slowed to take the shot.

TrboChicsRock
04-19-2005, 01:05 AM
Those Mustangs are ugly anyway.. who cares! :lol:

teh DIRT
04-19-2005, 07:06 AM
dude that must have 1000hp w/ alll those stickers....plus NAWS! wowzors
-pete

TehWagon
04-19-2005, 07:20 AM
Indeed, the stickers are terrrrrrrrrrrible, but they effed up a nice car- i think ford did a nice job in bringing back that classic fastback look - to each their own i guess... :wiggle:

1988 Olds
04-19-2005, 08:15 AM
I agree man, the new Mustang is a decent car. I don't get the stickers either.

97TSi
04-19-2005, 08:32 AM
that's hideous. So there's actually been no change from stock. They look like they've got down syndrome from the front and something about the rear just irks me.

Matthew
04-19-2005, 10:05 AM

LOLz, I would certainly hope so given the extra 2 cylinders and 1400cc's of displacement... (hp/litre: M3 78.125, Mustang 65.217 kthnx). Additionally, that vehicle makes more power than yours, stock, while getting better fuel mileage than your 4 banger in the process. Lemme think, what would I rather have, an M3 or a Mustang... :wiggle:

SexyDSM95
04-19-2005, 11:00 AM
LOLz, I would certainly hope so given the extra 2 cylinders and 1400cc's of displacement... (hp/litre: M3 78.125, Mustang 65.217 kthnx). Additionally, that vehicle makes more power than yours, stock, while getting better fuel mileage than your 4 banger in the process. Lemme think, what would I rather have, an M3 or a Mustang... :wiggle:
Hrmmm or wait for next year's model to which Mr. Shelby is involved.....

Matthew
04-19-2005, 11:35 AM
Hrmmm or wait for next year's model to which Mr. Shelby is involved.....

Unless it has a V10 mated to a 6spd gearbox... I will NEVER own an American car. I don't care what old geezer is involved (or used as a marketing tool). :finga:

stichris
04-19-2005, 12:13 PM

And once again, I will smoke you both ;)

Matthew
04-19-2005, 12:22 PM
And once again, I will smoke you both ;)

At the end of the day I kept finding myself in the M3. I dunno why. http://matthew.digital7.com/OT/Smilies/confused.gif

stichris
04-19-2005, 12:24 PM
Perhaps the same reason that I find myself in my m3 at times. But the STi is better in nearly every quantifiable category. Enjoy pursuing the intangible "soul" of your car :finga:

Matthew
04-19-2005, 12:34 PM
Perhaps the same reason that I find myself in my m3 at times. But the STi is better in nearly every quantifiable category. Enjoy pursuing the intangible "soul" of your car :finga:

Son, you know I have love for the STi, but it is just not for me.

Aaron
04-19-2005, 01:19 PM
[off-topic] I'm not standing up for american quality, however, every BMW I know of has had its share of mishaps, none of which were cheap and all of them made them seem like junk. [/off-topic]

That is truly a hideous mustang.... I hope he works for NOS and is being sponsored by hot-wheels.

Matthew
04-19-2005, 01:21 PM
[off-topic] I'm not standing up for american quality, however, every BMW I know of has had its share of mishaps, none of which were cheap and all of them made them seem like junk. [/off-topic]

That is truly a hideous mustang.... I hope he works for NOS and is being sponsored by hot-wheels.

I've owned 3. No problems.

mazda6guy
04-19-2005, 06:54 PM
Living in Germany for so many years I never seen a BMW with alot of problems. Pretty much a reliable car in my opinion. :thumbup:

TalonTsi97
04-19-2005, 07:34 PM
Ruined a nice car. :thumbdow: Im not the biggest fans of the new mustang but i dont not like them. I cant wait to start seeing new cobras and saleens and all those types.

Aaron
04-19-2005, 07:39 PM
Cousin has a 318 sedan. The windows and sunroof automatically went down by themselves when the car was locked and parked. She'd come back out after it sitting all night to find the car sitting wide open. She deduced that it only happened in the rain. That was actually the culprit, the moisture would evidentally effect some module.

Friend bought the new 745i the first year they were out. Took it back 2 weeks later because the clock wasn't working. The dealership returned the car to him a week later with the clock still out of commision. Changing the computer from the clock alledgedly shorted out 13 other computers in the car and rendered the car useless. They ordered all new 'computers', installed all of them, got the car running again, still no clock.

Another friend had an late model M5 with a heater that stopped working. They changed the heater coil first, then found out it also needed a switch. Two weeks later he finally had heat. This was of course in the middle of the winter with snow and ice.

Don't get me wrong, the M5 is the sexiest and best sounding sedan I could ask for and I still smile *thinking* about the way the M5 sounds, none of the ones I've seen have proven themselves of luxury quality.

Matthew
04-19-2005, 07:55 PM
Cousin has a 318 sedan. The windows and sunroof automatically went down by themselves when the car was locked and parked. She'd come back out after it sitting all night to find the car sitting wide open. She deduced that it only happened in the rain. That was actually the culprit, the moisture would evidentally effect some module.

Friend bought the new 745i the first year they were out. Took it back 2 weeks later because the clock wasn't working. The dealership returned the car to him a week later with the clock still out of commision. Changing the computer from the clock alledgedly shorted out 13 other computers in the car and rendered the car useless. They ordered all new 'computers', installed all of them, got the car running again, still no clock.

Another friend had an late model M5 with a heater that stopped working. They changed the heater coil first, then found out it also needed a switch. Two weeks later he finally had heat. This was of course in the middle of the winter with snow and ice.

Don't get me wrong, the M5 is the sexiest and best sounding sedan I could ask for and I still smile *thinking* about the way the M5 sounds, none of the ones I've seen have proven themselves of luxury quality.

k

piratius
04-23-2005, 08:19 PM
LOLz, I would certainly hope so given the extra 2 cylinders and 1400cc's of displacement... (hp/litre: M3 78.125, Mustang 65.217 kthnx). Additionally, that vehicle makes more power than yours, stock, while getting better fuel mileage than your 4 banger in the process.

The only people who tout HP/L numbers are the people who think high efficiency can overcome sheer mass, and silly ricers. :mrgreen: More power is more power, the only other considerable factors are gearing and weight. :P

A 100hp car with a 1.5L motor and 1500lbs will not outrun a 300hp 4.6L, unless the 300hp car weighed in at over 4500lbs, assuming they had identical gearing and traction. Having said that, if your M3 and a new Mustang GT weighed the same, and had comprable gearing, it doesn't matter how efficient the motor is...the one with more power and torque *will* win, unless driver stupidity comes into play. At that point, anything is possible. :rolleyes:

BOT - (back on topic) - I think the stickers are HIDEOUS. I'd love to meet him in person, give him a backhand across the face, then give him a roman war helmet. Stupid people who rice out decent cars deserve to die a horrible burning death.

The only big rear-window sticker that belongs on a mustang is a pony...like this one...
http://www.graphic-express.com/images/z-amanda_vaughn02.JPG

Even that, on some cars, is too much. Only thing that *really* belongs on the back is this :pimpness: :supz:
http://www.v6mustangstuff.com/images/MachLouvers.jpg

Ok, I'm done.
~Brad

P.S. - Remember, everything I say is strictly my own opinions and carry no weight in any other sense. If they piss you off, good, I meant it that way. If I didn't, good, that means you understand sarcasm and humor and don't need to die. If you dislike my personal preferences and taste, well...sucks to be you! :partyman:

Matthew
04-23-2005, 08:37 PM
LOLz, I would certainly hope so given the extra 2 cylinders and 1400cc's of displacement... (hp/litre: M3 78.125, Mustang 65.217 kthnx). Additionally, that vehicle makes more power than yours, stock, while getting better fuel mileage than your 4 banger in the process.

The only people who tout HP/L numbers are the people who think high efficiency can overcome sheer mass, and silly ricers. :mrgreen: More power is more power, the only other considerable factors are gearing and weight. :P

A 100hp car with a 1.5L motor and 1500lbs will not outrun a 300hp 4.6L, unless the 300hp car weighed in at over 4500lbs, assuming they had identical gearing and traction. Having said that, if your M3 and a new Mustang GT weighed the same, and had comprable gearing, it doesn't matter how efficient the motor is...the one with more power and torque *will* win, unless driver stupidity comes into play. At that point, anything is possible. :rolleyes:

BOT - (back on topic) - I think the stickers are HIDEOUS. I'd love to meet him in person, give him a backhand across the face, then give him a roman war helmet. Stupid people who rice out decent cars deserve to die a horrible burning death.

The only big rear-window sticker that belongs on a mustang is a pony...like this one...
http://www.graphic-express.com/images/z-amanda_vaughn02.JPG

Even that, on some cars, is too much. Only thing that *really* belongs on the back is this :pimpness: :supz:
http://www.v6mustangstuff.com/images/MachLouvers.jpg

Ok, I'm done.
~Brad

P.S. - Remember, everything I say is strictly my own opinions and carry no weight in any other sense. If they piss you off, good, I meant it that way. If I didn't, good, that means you understand sarcasm and humor and don't need to die. If you dislike my personal preferences and taste, well...sucks to be you! :partyman:

k

GSXDCY
04-23-2005, 10:03 PM
BMW M3 > Ford mustang

MuddyREX
04-24-2005, 10:42 PM
Mustang with nawz stickers > *insert your car here*

Urinemachine
04-29-2005, 01:39 PM

Ok, I'm done.
~Brad

you live in virginia. kthxbye

the mike
04-29-2005, 02:24 PM
you live in virginia. kthxbye

Statements like ths are uncalled for and have no bearing on this topic.

Please keep it on topic. If you can't contribute properly, don't contribute at all.

kthx ;)

Brett99GST
04-29-2005, 05:12 PM
BMW = All motor with no forced Induction = More Respectable than any turbo car, Period.

stichris
04-29-2005, 05:40 PM
As the owner of both a BMW and a turbo car, I'd have to disagree. The BMW garners respect, but is not more intrinsically respectable than "any turbo car."

I mean, pick a Porsche 996 turbo. Pick the GT2. Hell, pick the STi.

Regards,

Chris

Matthew
04-29-2005, 06:14 PM
As the owner of both a BMW and a turbo car, I'd have to disagree. The BMW garners respect, but is not more intrinsically respectable than "any turbo car."

I mean, pick a Porsche 996 turbo. Pick the GT2. Hell, pick the STi.

Regards,

Chris

I would like my diff back at once. C.S.

Brett99GST
04-30-2005, 01:54 AM
It may not be as fun to drive or produce as much power. But BMW is strictly against forced induction. They squeeze 333 HP out of a Natrally Aspirated 3.2 lieter engine stock. There engines are the most effeicent NA engines out of the box. They weigh almost 3800 LBS are capable of low 13s out of the box and can be be put well into the 12's will bolt ons. I love turbos, hell I drive one. But in my opinion, I have more respect for a low 14 second all motor civic than i do for a or 11 second DSM or STI. Turbos are great and I love em, but NA is just pure balls, hands down. Turbos are just smart. :)

stichris
04-30-2005, 02:15 AM
BMW has used turbos in the past, and currently uses them on some of their diesel models.

I don't know why you have more respect for a slow economy car than a fast turbo car. Makes no sense; wtf, mate! With turbo technology nowadays, i.e. ball bearing turbos, smart engine management, etc, lag is not nearly what it used to be. My STi, stock turbo, has almost no noticeable lag. The engine response is at least 90% as good as the m3, a car that has incredible response.

Brett99GST
04-30-2005, 02:34 AM
BMW has used turbos in the past, and currently uses them on some of their diesel models.

I don't know why you have more respect for a slow economy car than a fast turbo car. Makes no sense; wtf, mate! With turbo technology nowadays, i.e. ball bearing turbos, smart engine management, etc, lag is not nearly what it used to be. My STi, stock turbo, has almost no noticeable lag. The engine response is at least 90% as good as the m3, a car that has incredible response.

Well, Diesels need turbos. Its not that I would rather have a 14 second civic. I honestly(please dont take offense anyone) wouldnt be caught drivng a civic even if it ran 11's. I just have more respect more NA power. I perfer to drive a turbo car and John Shepard has put a DSM 2.0L engine well into the 8's. But NA was around first. Im just ranting as of now. Plain and simple; all my arguement is stating is that Turbo=Technology and NA = Balls.

stichris
04-30-2005, 02:46 AM
You're adamant about your point... but you aren't explaining why.

You have communicated that NA power == balls, and that it was around first. This is the evolution of technology. Turbo cars are generally all ballsy, with the exception of a few.

I'm not ****ing with you, I'm just trying to extract the basis of your point. It seems that we agree that turbo motors can do nearly everything NA motors can, and generally exceed them. Holding on to some "purist" sense of NA being better is silly.

the mike
04-30-2005, 11:50 AM
I believe what he is trying to say is that a NA motor does what it does all by itself, no forced induction, and should be recognized as being a power maker.
That said, not all NA cars are power makers. Ford Festiva's are not terrorizing the roadways(do not link to the GN powered Festiva, just take the statement for what it is).
Turbo cars are built to be turbo cars. They are lower compression allowing for the addition to more air being forced into the motor.

Essentially both motors rely on compression to make power, NA motors use higher compression, turbo motors use forced induction.

Apparently Brett sees forced induction as a "power adder" akin to nitrous oxide. And he is correct. This is how powerful cars were originally made. I am a former muscle car addict, so I can see his point, but times they are a changing.

I do respect a car that can make 3-400 HP without a power adder, but I realize that a GTO will not get the gas mileage that an STi or EVO will.

It all comes down to how YOU as a person feel about a car.

Back to the Mustang. :thumbdow:

Brett99GST
04-30-2005, 02:27 PM
I believe what he is trying to say is that a NA motor does what it does all by itself, no forced induction, and should be recognized as being a power maker.
That said, not all NA cars are power makers. Ford Festiva's are not terrorizing the roadways(do not link to the GN powered Festiva, just take the statement for what it is).
Turbo cars are built to be turbo cars. They are lower compression allowing for the addition to more air being forced into the motor.

Essentially both motors rely on compression to make power, NA motors use higher compression, turbo motors use forced induction.

Apparently Brett sees forced induction as a "power adder" akin to nitrous oxide. And he is correct. This is how powerful cars were originally made. I am a former muscle car addict, so I can see his point, but times they are a changing.

I do respect a car that can make 3-400 HP without a power adder, but I realize that a GTO will not get the gas mileage that an STi or EVO will.

It all comes down to how YOU as a person feel about a car.

Back to the Mustang. :thumbdow:

Ill end on that. Well put. You basically took the words out of my mouth letter by letter. BTW, Ill be putting over 300 to my one wheel( :thumbdow: ) in about 1.5 months. Highway or noway baby!!!!

Matthew
05-01-2005, 01:10 AM
but I realize that a GTO will not get the gas mileage that an STi or EVO will.

Actually the STi and GTO get about the same mileage... Average of the STi is 20mpg, and the GTO is 19mpg. The evo gets 21mpg.

*as per www.fueleconomy.gov