PDA

View Full Version : Another new Subaru owner

Boostaddict
04-18-2005, 10:52 PM
what's up guys,
I found out about this site from Troll. I drive a red 02 WRX with a few mods. Right now I am looking to buy some kind of engine management unit. I was thinking about getting a TurboXS UTEC. If anyone has one or has another suggestion your advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

TROLL
04-18-2005, 10:54 PM
matt? i thought you had a utec lined up...
bryan

stichris
04-18-2005, 10:55 PM
Yeo, I've seen you around. I think we live near each other.

I have the loud white STi

TrboChicsRock
04-18-2005, 10:55 PM
The Subaru crowd is outnumbering the DSM crowd wayy to much. You must leave now.

j/k.. Welcome!

teh DIRT
04-18-2005, 11:00 PM
well see the subaru crowd increases exponentially since they dont die. DSMs decrease exponentially since they break and arent made anymore. the odds are stacked against you....sorry
-Pete

JoeScooby
04-18-2005, 11:02 PM
welcome...

Aaron
04-18-2005, 11:03 PM
have a fruit roll-up

the mike
04-19-2005, 08:03 AM
What's up man. Welcome to the club. :partyman:

+1 for UTEC. I had it on my WRX and loved it.

CarbonIS
04-19-2005, 12:07 PM
whats up to yet another sub

crtillmanspeed
04-19-2005, 02:30 PM
UTEC all the way!! Stop in, we usually have on here on display! Thing will get you some serious power. Plus eliminate that nasty fuel cut! :prayer:

272sWrx
04-19-2005, 03:52 PM
yeah that nasty fuel cut that stops your car running too lean

Boostaddict
04-19-2005, 05:46 PM
hey Bryan,
I told the guy I needed a month or so to come up with the cash b/c I had some bills to pay at the time I got the exhaust, pully, ect. from him. He ended up telling me a week later that he sold it to someone else for more $ than he was going to charge me. Needless to say I was pissed, and haven't talked to him since.

JoeScooby
04-19-2005, 06:06 PM
I have a acess port and I love it. I guess it limits you on what tuning can actually be done on the car, but if your going to stay mildly tuned you can probably find a map on Cobb's websight that fits your needs. Right now im at stage 2 with 93 octain...

Boostaddict
04-19-2005, 07:19 PM
what's up JoeScooby,
I was talking to a kid with a blue STI at the tech school car show on Sun. who also had the access port. I think his name was Chris. Anyway, it was pretty cool and seemed very simple to use. I'm still leaning towards the TurboXS utec though. If you're gonna be at RR on Thurs. I'd like to check out your setup.

P.S. thanks to everyone for your replies.

TalonTsi97
04-19-2005, 07:24 PM
Welcome. I like red wrx's for some reason, i think its cause you dont see as many and they actually dont look to bad. Can we see some pics?

JoeScooby
04-19-2005, 07:40 PM
ill try and make it.. i work nights during the week and have off sunday n mondays...

If your going to get a UTEC, you need to find a reputable tuner around here.. I dont know of any in south jersy.. excuse me if I leave any tuner out... Or you learn yourself... Huge manual i heard and way to much control for me... Just dont pop your engine buddie

turbotool
04-19-2005, 10:09 PM
Dude...................I don't know. Ha Ha, Welcome addict.

Shades of Gray
04-19-2005, 11:28 PM
what's up JoeScooby,
I was talking to a kid with a blue STI at the tech school car show on Sun. who also had the access port. I think his name was Chris. Anyway, it was pretty cool and seemed very simple to use. I'm still leaning towards the TurboXS utec though. If you're gonna be at RR on Thurs. I'd like to check out your setup.

P.S. thanks to everyone for your replies.

Yo man, i've got the turboxs utec...tuned by turboxs. They freakin rock at what they do! I highly recomend them. They managed to get 390whp out of my set up.
Welcome BTW
Ryan

Boostaddict
04-20-2005, 10:41 PM
thanks for the advice Ryan. Your car is awesome. I talked to you for a minute at the tech school this weekend. Is it extremely expensive to get it tuned and dyno'd? Even if it is, I'm sure its well worth the cash.

Boostaddict
04-20-2005, 10:48 PM
hey TalonTSi97,
I'll get some pics up as soon as I figure out how to. As far as the exterior of my car it's pretty much stock. I sprayed my rocker moldings the color of the car, and that's it so far. I think next week I'm gonna spray my factory rims flat black.

Shades of Gray
04-21-2005, 08:18 AM
thanks for the advice Ryan. Your car is awesome. I talked to you for a minute at the tech school this weekend. Is it extremely expensive to get it tuned and dyno'd? Even if it is, I'm sure its well worth the cash.

Its like $400 or somewhere around there. But its worth every penny. They dyno tune, and road tune. Takes them about 2 to 3 hours.
Ryan

JoeScooby
04-21-2005, 11:07 AM
Plus the cost of the UTEC.. so your looking around a grand unless TXS does reflashes too? I heard they like to tune on the aggressive side?? Or is that Vinshu?

I saw some places selling the UTEC for a little above 900...

Shades of Gray
04-21-2005, 11:09 AM
If anyone needs a utec, let me know, or PM me. I have an account with Turbo XS
Ryan