PDA

View Full Version : Tints questions

JustAgigilo85
05-02-2006, 04:03 PM
Hey... i searched this section for "tint" read everything, and my question was not addressed so...........

I'm thinking getting tints. 5 windows plus a 6 inch strip on the windshield. I have two questions.

1.) My town requires residents to have a parking permit, which is a window affixed decal. This gets changed quite often, and I don't want to tint around it. It must be on the LH 1/4 window, or the door window. I'm getting both tinted. Would I be in good shape if I placed the permit underneath my inspection sticker on my windshield?

2.) Sticking with the windshield.... I wanted to get a 5% strip done on my windshield since ford did not implement this from the factory. This will only come down about 6 inches. What are the laws regarding windshield tint? I heard that if it does NOT come past your mirror (the ones that flip down), you're in good shape. However, I was pestered by a cop about a year ago about a decal I have on my windshield... He tried to tell me how it was an obstruction to my vision (not like I'm staring at the sky when I'm driving). I told him that before I even bought the decal, I asked the kid at in (MVC, not a gas station), and he said it was legal. Even then, it doesn't come past my mirrors. Would I be fine with a 5% strip?

Thanks in advance!

undercover
05-18-2006, 09:57 PM
tint ok on the front windshield but vynal is not