PDA

View Full Version : To the worlds greatest police officer:

Aaron
04-14-2005, 11:18 PM
Well here's the prelude to the story: I got a little lost going up to atco tonight and ended up backtracking. Therefore, I don't want to follow my footsteps out because that was wrong in the first place.

So on the way home I end up in the middle of nowhere. I take three roads on three occassions that all lead me to the same road... a dead end!. So, stuck as could be and a little frustrated I realize I'm going the wrong way again and end up making an "oh s**t!!" turn. As luck would have it, there was a cop behind me to witness this. I'm flustered. No, I wasn't paying attention to how fast I was going, I wasn't looking for signs, I was just looking to get out of there. Affraid of what might be coming to me, I wait.

So the officer approaches and surprisgly his first question is "how are you doing this evening?" Needless to say, I'm not doing well and I explain the situation. Long story short, he gave me directions, got me out of a huge jam, and sent me on my way. He had the chance to make or break my day and he made it. This is my ode to you, sir.

I invited him to the site, he seemed interested in automobiles. Hopefully he'll make it. This is the benchmark for police officers, barnone. Unfortunately, I have no idea what township/municipality I was in or who he was.

87camaroPA
04-14-2005, 11:24 PM
Wow that was a nice cop. A cop in my area would have gave you a ticket they are a$$holes in my area.

Silverfc88
04-14-2005, 11:28 PM
Damn, he ws probably following you for a while and figured that you where lost. There needs to be more people like him around.

teh DIRT
04-14-2005, 11:37 PM
every cop i have encountered (except the ones who arrested me) have been very polite. treat them the way they should be and you will be respected also
-pete

TrboChicsRock
04-15-2005, 01:08 AM
I don't like cops. Because of my exhaust I automatically get stereotyped as a trouble maker.. no matter how polite I am to them.

I got followed by a cop out of Atco once. The speed limit went from 50 to 40 and the second it went to 40 he pulled me over for doing 10 over. He bit ched me out about my car and my "custom work" and then gave me 3 BS tickets.

This guy I know is a cop and tells me how he is unfair to people with exhausts on their cars just for that reason.

9 Ball
04-15-2005, 07:34 AM
I haven't had any problems with Police. Just be up front with them. If you were speeding (don't deny you were speeding.) Cops hate that. Those guys deal with some real animals out on the highways, and if you show them that you are not one of those animals, you're doing yourself a favor. When I'm cool and relaxed with an Officer, they usually drop their guard.

That's usually the case in the city. Don't know about the burbs... people seem to have more problems out there.

(You've had some bad luck Jess, that sucks.)

the mike
04-15-2005, 08:38 AM
I got let go for doing about a buck and getting sideways in front of a cop the other day.
I was honest as to why I was doing this(just left a self car wash and wanted to dry the brakes off, that wax/wash stuff kills the Brembo ability for a while and I didn't want to come up to a light and grab a pedal full of nothing).

He was a dick, but he didn't give me a ticket.

WhiteXFire
04-15-2005, 09:00 AM
Heh, it also helps when you carry a badge yourself. If anyone has problems in NJ, call 1-800-611-BAIL, I'll get you out :thumbup:

the mike
04-15-2005, 09:11 AM
I mean I NEVER speed.

:::runs and hides:::

9 Ball
04-15-2005, 09:18 AM
I mean I NEVER speed.

Oops!

And what was that wonderful name you had for that Officer? :mrgreen:

WhiteXFire
04-15-2005, 09:20 AM
I mean I NEVER speed.

Heh, was that at me?? I'm not a cop, I'm a bondsman...they lock you up, we get you out (and then lock you up again when you miss court :D )

the mike
04-15-2005, 09:51 AM
Let's hear it for never being locked up(as an adult :thumbup: ).

criz
04-15-2005, 10:24 AM
Heh, it also helps when you carry a badge yourself. If anyone has problems in NJ, call 1-800-611-BAIL, I'll get you out :thumbup:

NICE! thanks man! Bring your car to one of our meets!

Chair-Force
04-15-2005, 08:09 PM

are you a cop or bondsman?

the mike
04-15-2005, 08:53 PM
I mean I NEVER speed.

Heh, was that at me?? I'm not a cop, I'm a bondsman...they lock you up, we get you out (and then lock you up again when you miss court :D )

;)

UnderPoweredRS
04-15-2005, 09:33 PM
My Military ID gets me out 99% of the time. Also helps when you pull into a parking lot instead of the side of the road. When they ask why you pulled in the lot tell them you didn't wany anyone to side swipe there ass
(gets blood on teh paint)

84camaro
04-15-2005, 11:48 PM
i dont like cops...i got pulled over within the firdt month of getting my license... he was an mean to me... i wasnt speeding or anything... i pulled up to a light and i saw he pulled behind me and then he followed me for like 2 miles....i knew he was gonna pull me over...when he put his lights on i pulled into a gas station and he was like...are you under the influence of anything...and i was nice...i said no officer im not...and he was like well you were swerving all over the road...my first reactions was like i probally did swere a little bit cuz i kept looking at you in my rear view mirror...but i didnt i just sat there and listen to his reason for pulling me over...it was gay... i wanna get pulled over for doing somthing that actually wrong...not bc your a dumb cop on a boring night...but i didnt get a ticket...but it sure did scare the hell out of me

DropTopChevy
04-17-2005, 04:10 PM
Ok fellas and ladies you may want to find a comfortable position in your chair cause this is gonna be a long one so sit back and grab a cold one or two.

first time i got pulled over was the third day i had my licence and it was for speeding on old lincoln highway by tyburn road and all i got was a f-n warning and a lecture about how fast driving is dangerous.

second time i got pulled over on edgewood road in that long open straightaway past the school and pd., for speeding again but hes was a di<k too and he let me go with a warning and the whole wheres the fire crap.

third time i got accuses of stealing some kids windshield wiper at school and throwing it in the trash and smashing the kids windshield, but the cop was a dick trying to say that it could all just go away if i paid for everything. So i told him where to stick it and i got off scott free but he was just busting my balls for the whole thing by trying to get me to admit to it.

fourth encounter was on river road driving about 100 and i blasted by a cop going the other direction and as soon as i passed him i saw him slam on his brakes and he flipped a bi+ch and i was gone but i knew he would catch up so i swerved into a development smacked the curb along with messing up my allignment and my front wheel but when i was stopped to check out the damage i saw the cop fly by on river road with his search light on like a bat out of he\\

fifth encounter was just last wednesday when i got a ticket for breezing through the stop sign for the onramp from millcreek road to route 13. i was doing like 15 through it cause i never took the time to actually realized that it is a stop sign not a yield sign. but the cop got me with a $105 ticket for running the stop sign. I plan on fighting the ticket

Miller

Chair-Force
04-17-2005, 08:08 PM
My Military ID gets me out 99% of the time.

:supz:

woid, they always ask me what I do in the Chair-Force and when I say MP, thats the needed push to get a warning not a ticket.

To bondsman guy, do cops ever laugh at your bondsman badge? Im not trying to be an ass but, dont those badges come from Galls (Law Enforcement equipment retailer) or some catalog?

UnderPoweredRS
04-17-2005, 11:15 PM
what is the Chair force?

stichris
04-19-2005, 08:48 PM
what is the Chair force?

Hmmm....

Matthew
04-19-2005, 09:19 PM
what is the Chair force?

Hmmm....

HAHAHAHAHA

WhiteXFire
04-19-2005, 10:29 PM
To bondsman guy, do cops ever laugh at your bondsman badge? Im not trying to be an *no cursing!* but, dont those badges come from Galls (Law Enforcement equipment retailer) or some catalog?

I've only been pulled over once, which is kind of amazing considering how fast I usually drive on the highway. It was down in MD at school going 53 in a 35...when I pulled it out to get my license (which is conveniently in the same case) he said "What's that!" so I told him, he walked to his car with my license, came back 20 seconds later and said "I'll give you a warning this time, go slower next time" and just walked away. Of course, I was also in an '04 Honda Accord loner because I was getting some service done on the Crossfire, so who knows. But, in general, from what I've heard around the office, they're pretty respectful of most people in the "business" of any law-related field, as long as they're not a total dick. I'm pretty confident it would get me out of most things in NJ at least, because that's where I'm technically licensed by the state. I can always tell them I was chasing down a fugitive. ;)

Oh, and yes...the company we got them from is called NIC Law Enforcement...but I needed an "authorized" letter from the guy who owns our company in order to get it. :banana:

MazProSpeed
05-04-2005, 12:13 AM
I always to have trouble with cops, My first car was a camaro and it seemed like I got pulled over every day. I only got one ticket though for going 67 in a 45 but the cop dropped it to 5 over no points. I once got pulled over for reckless driving, speeding, noise polution, and tint being to dark and the cop actually just told me to slow down, stay in one lane, and take my tint off but i got no ticket. I stopped having problems when i got a grand prix but now that I have my protege the problems are back. The first week i had the car a cop stopped me for ripping around corners at about 50 but he just told me to stop driving like an a$$h0l# and let me go. So i guess I owe cops big time because by now i wouldn't have a liscence if they gave all the tickets i deserved.

TypeSL_T
05-05-2005, 11:33 PM
I got one ticket for 73 in a 30, cop was a di<k about that one. I guess it was too early in the morning for him, or too late on his shift. I just got pulled over again about 2 weeks ago for leaving my subdivision too quick :screwy: Who knows. He didn't give me a ticket, but he searched my car and stuff. I studdered a bit so he thought, wrong of course, but he thought I had to have some kind of drug. He didn't find anything. He just said that where most kids hide their drugs, you hide car parts, and then let me go. He was an awesome cop, joked the entire time.