PDA

View Full Version : Turbo Miata, s2000, boxster which to buy? Need opinions!

Ego4sho
12-18-2013, 05:16 PM
Hello everyone,
So my daily driver just recently sh*t the bed and I'm now looking for something fun to replace it. I also just sold my Lamborghini Espada so I have some money but not looking to blow it all on a car.
Anyways here's my dilemma, I've been looking for a two seater roadster that I can daily drive. My drive is only about 5 miles every day with the exception of two "long" 40min drives into baltimore a week. I want something fun, reliable, and cheap. All cars will be driven in the winter with snow tires.

So here's the cars of choice, first would be a turbo miata that I can pick up for around $4,000. The next would be a rebuilt title s2000 with 150k and 70k on the engine for $6,000. Or a rebuilt title boxster with 36k for $5,500.

I would appreciate your input!

-Michael

Khellen
12-19-2013, 05:16 PM
If the other choices are rebuilt titles I'd lean more towards the miata.....

I have a 94 miata and love it. Parts are cheap and it's easy to work on. Huge community to be a part of as well. I'm not sure I'd want to commute it everyday though. The interior on the S2k is a lot nicer.

My vote would be for the S2k if it wasn't a rebuilt title. That would make a great reliable daily!

mr_eh
12-19-2013, 05:37 PM
slightly biased opinion here. But I do love my 2k, I loved driving it to/from work until it snowed.

saxon
12-19-2013, 08:22 PM
Why are you looking at rebuilt title cars, that makes the Miata choice easy when imo if the s2k wasn't r title I'd pick that all day