PDA

View Full Version : Dodge Event

DropTopChevy
04-13-2005, 07:13 AM
There is a Dodge, Chrysler, Jeep event at the Philadelphia Horse Racetrack on Street Road Today the event is from 5 to 9. They allow you to test drive somne cars ( no SRT-4's ) But you can ride in one with a professional driven around a course for what they call a hot lap. The event is free and it is in the left parking lot when you come in the main entrance off of Street Road. It was a load of fun last night.

Miller

Blaise
04-13-2005, 07:32 AM
Remind me why we can't testdrive an SRT4? Kinda makes the event pointless (not that I haven't driven one though). It's not like the car is particularly pricey or RWD and able to spin...

99SL2_Modder
04-13-2005, 08:55 AM
Remind me why we can't testdrive an SRT4? Kinda makes the event pointless (not that I haven't driven one though). It's not like the car is particularly pricey or RWD and able to spin...

Because dealerships wants people to think it's a super-high end sports car like Ferrari and the Viper, so since it can't be test driven, insurance companies note that it MUST be a sports car, and you get hammered on it.

Basically:
It's got over 200 horses, it's a car, manual, turbo...dealerships say it's "too fast" to be test driven, yet you can go take one of their trucks out for a test drive and roll it, but it's cool cause it's not a "sports car".

smoger
04-13-2005, 01:01 PM
Because dealerships wants people to think it's a super-high end sports car like Ferrari and the Viper, so since it can't be test driven, insurance companies note that it MUST be a sports car, and you get hammered on it.

Basically:
It's got over 200 horses, it's a car, manual, turbo...dealerships say it's "too fast" to be test driven, yet you can go take one of their trucks out for a test drive and roll it, but it's cool cause it's not a "sports car".

actually... they barely mentioned the srt-4(this event was last night,btw.. not tonight).. they called it "viper in a diaper".. insulting if anything, they def. are not making it out to be high and mighty..

and *most* insurance companies charge no or little more for coverage on it than they do for a base neon.

and you can test drive them at dealers. depends where you go i guess..

my guess on not letting people drive them is because the pro drivers that drive you around are going to impress people a heck of a lot more than they would impress themselves.. or maybe they just dont want people who cant drive manuals messin up the cars,, remember.. srt-4's attract young immature drivers..

99SL2_Modder
04-13-2005, 01:04 PM
Could be true.

However, I know a lot of people are getting reamed with SRT-4 insurance because of all the kiddies totaling them and the crash ratings.

272sWrx
04-13-2005, 01:21 PM
id rather mess around in my own car on their test course