PDA

View Full Version : sr20det exhuast..

ho1ywars
04-13-2006, 07:17 PM
i figured i would post up new threads for everything, that was it would be easier for people to search for in the future.

im looking at downpipes and exhaust systems for a redtop. so far, i have grew fond of the blitz down pipe (stainless steel) and the apexi N1... with a highflow cat.. any suggestions are more then welcome.

thanks guys
shawn.

TalonTsi97
04-13-2006, 07:33 PM
Like the other exhaust thread someone has going, just get a custom exhaust made. Pick your own muffler, get piping made as straight as possible, no resonators in it or if you want them. You could also get a downpipe made depends on your money situation.

su_maverick
04-14-2006, 12:08 AM
resonators are a must with SR's or they sound like rice. There are plenty of aftermarket manifolds and exhaust components out there for SR's cheap. Visit:
www.zilvia.net
www.midatlantic240sx.com

these may be great help.

auk113
04-14-2006, 09:17 AM
megan racing is cheep and it works great

US_R33
04-14-2006, 11:54 AM
you already know how i feel about megan racing antony lol

your best bet if you want something hot but aren't willing to save the money to buy it new.....buy it off somebody from one of the S chassis forums

highmilehatch
04-14-2006, 01:55 PM
Greddy PE II. VERY quiet for a 3" system. Perfect for a street car IMO. Use it on my S14. Must be special ordered from Japan:

http://www.street-solutions.com/_images/pe2.JPG

HKS Hi-Power are nice too. Very nice sound. Slightly louder than the PE II.

http://www.street-solutions.com/_images/fred_20.jpg

Both systems include resonators, which really keeps the noise down.

I'd stay away from the Apex-i if you dont like a lot of noise.

Contact me if your looking for pricing/install on either of these or other systems.

su_maverick
04-14-2006, 02:11 PM
www.redshiftdc.com <---they know SR's like the back of their hand and can have an exhaust shipped out in no time. Tell them Neal sent you.

moorefire
04-17-2006, 09:12 AM
Yea theres no reason to run some hack job custom exhaust on an S-chassis cus there are a million cheap options out there because the chinese and the rest of the knockoff artists have easy access to good parts to copy.

I hate megan racing/ssautocrack/random knockoff parts beacuse they're usually ****, but I'm considering unsing one of the uras copy exhausts since my 5zigen border 3 hits my swaybars and I'm just gonna smash my exhast anyway