PDA

View Full Version : Best 3" Catback...??

SilverTurboRidin
04-13-2006, 09:32 AM
What you guys suggest..im looking for something agressive, yet fairly priced... Needs to be 3" And i would prefer a catback...

2point4DSM
04-13-2006, 09:44 AM
I think this is all relative. If you want a pretty, shiny, system then get a name brand. The more you spend the prettier it gets.

I've been through probably a dozen or more systems in my DSMs trying to balance noise with flow. A muffler's ability to reduce noise is directly related to the size of the muffler and how much baffling it has. Right now I feel I've got the quietest 3" system out there for my car considering I've got a cat, resonator and regular high flow truck muffler.

Check out the vendors on here and decide how much you want to spend if noise is not an issue. Consider getting something custom made if you want something quieter. 3" is overkill for your car but I understand wanting to do it just once....

TalonTsi97
04-13-2006, 10:05 AM
Buy whatever muffler you like, then take it somewhere and get it custom made. Pm me and when i get home i will give you the number of a guy who does good work.

SilverTurboRidin
04-13-2006, 10:05 AM
Reason i said 3" is because i have a 3" DP...would like to keep it the same, looking for best power and flow...But like i said i LOVE the agressive sound...so now im looking into opinions...

SilverTurboRidin
04-13-2006, 02:05 PM
bump come on need some input

TalonTsi97
04-13-2006, 02:06 PM
DiD you read what i said? For performance and money wise. I reallty thinks its the best way. Get it full 3inch get em to make it as straight as possible and get to choose what muffler you want for a resonable price of a name brand.

SilverTurboRidin
04-13-2006, 02:09 PM
whoops...no i actually missed that post...thanks!!!!

dstarmotuner
04-13-2006, 02:10 PM
Custom 3" is your best bet.

On Sale
04-18-2006, 03:53 AM
dude, we put the downpipe on, so ur running open DP, and we just "placed" and hung the muffler in the back, so it looks like you have a full exhaust.... your straight. keep it that way...

hahaha yea right, get a exhaust you bum!

Did u get weird looks on the way home, runnin open manifold? im sure people saw the muffler and then heard it , and coudnt put 2 and 2 together lol...

SilverTurboRidin
04-18-2006, 09:08 AM
dude, we put the downpipe on, so ur running open DP, and we just "placed" and hung the muffler in the back, so it looks like you have a full exhaust.... your straight. keep it that way...

hahaha yea right, get a exhaust you bum!

Did u get weird looks on the way home, runnin open manifold? im sure people saw the muffler and then heard it , and coudnt put 2 and 2 together lol...

Yeah i think i pissed off a family in a G35 coupe...lol...i was side by side with em the entire time

slavetothemuzic
04-18-2006, 09:10 AM
Personally, I have an Apexi and really like it. I'd definitely buy another one.

turbo4g63
04-19-2006, 07:19 PM
i've got a thermal research and development....NICE, high flow and pretty quiet compared to others i've heard

awdlaserbeam
04-19-2006, 11:55 PM
If you can weld your own, it saves a good amount of $$$ and works just as effieciently.
I have an apexi and i really like it alot. My buddy welded his own, i kinda like mine better though. The apexi is a thicker metal and ceramic coated i bielive, quiter and smooth

hystericfox
04-20-2006, 11:31 AM
i've got a thermal research and development....NICE, high flow and pretty quiet compared to others i've heard

Second that.

SilverTurboRidin
04-20-2006, 11:37 AM
im actually getting a all custom 3" Exhaust built with a highflow muffler, no cat or resonator.

SpendOne
04-20-2006, 01:13 PM
who needs a muffler?? Heh

SilverTurboRidin
04-20-2006, 02:53 PM
basically a straight through, there for looks