PDA

View Full Version : Racing? What?

EIXVO
04-11-2006, 12:51 AM
I was pulled over tonight in West Chester, and then told it was for racing? I dont know how that possible considering the fact that I was just driving around? The officer said another officer saw me doing it earlier? Does that make sense? I wasnt racing I was driving the speedlimit all night? If I take the matter to court arent they goin to believe the police officer over me? The ticket simply says, "Racing on the Highway." No speeding, careless driving, etc. What? Do I get points or is it just a fine? What did I do!?

I WASNT RACING!!!!!!!!!

( no i did not give anyonethe finger)

EIXVO
04-11-2006, 02:10 AM
§ 3367. Racing on highways.
(a) Definitions.--As used in this section the following words and phrases shall have the meanings given to them in this subsection:

"Drag race."
The operation of two or more vehicles from a point side by side at accelerating speeds in a competitive attempt to outdistance each other, or the operation of one or more vehicles over a common selected course, from the same point to the same point, for the purpose of comparing the relative speeds or power of acceleration of the vehicle or vehicles within a certain distance or time limit.
"Race."
The use of one or more vehicles in an attempt to outgain, outdistance or prevent another vehicle from passing, to arrive at a given destination ahead of another vehicle or vehicles, or to test the physical stamina or endurance of drivers over long distance driving routes.

(b) General rule.--No person shall drive a vehicle on a highway in any race, speed competition or contest, drag race or acceleration contest, test of physical endurance, exhibition of speed or acceleration, or for the purpose of making a speed record, and no person shall in any manner participate in any such race, competition, contest, test or exhibition.

(c) Permits for special activities.--The department or local authorities within their jurisdiction may issue permits for special activities which would otherwise be prohibited by this section.

(d) Penalty.--Any person violating this section is guilty of a summary offense and shall, upon conviction, be sentenced to pay a fine of $200

Does that meen no points?

EIXVO
04-11-2006, 02:12 AM
I Got Sec. 3367 ( sub sec. B. )

undercover
04-13-2006, 10:28 PM
sorry i cant help, hopefully 04CROWNVIC will respond

EIXVO
04-14-2006, 12:40 AM
Ok its cool, thanks anyways.