PDA

View Full Version : POlice gave a visit last night...

97TSi
04-12-2005, 08:48 AM
Ya, so we finally get Bri's motor running last night around 11/11:30 and we're doing the initial high-idle break-in. We're about 10-12 minutes into it and we're just paying attention to the gauges. All of a sudden we see flashlights shining through the back of the car. Turn around and there's two cops standing there in my garage :eek: They cared enough to check up and let us know what time it was :lol: I guess I've really anchored that disdain my neighbors have for me; breaking in a car at 11:30 at night :thumbup:
So I guess my house is now marked They seemed quite in shock when looking around at all the motors, motorcycles, cars, and especially Bri's car w/the cage, all gutted. For a second I thought they were gonna pull some gay inspection type crap and try to nail us for something.

Anyway, anything like this ever happen to anyone else?

Blaise
04-12-2005, 09:33 AM
That's pretty annoying to do that sort of thing at 11PM, I try to never do any work on my car in my area past 10PM.

As far as the gutted vehicles, I did have a friend have his car impounded because the cops thought it was stolen (missing almost all of the interior, gutted for racing). Poor guy had to pay the $150 towing fee and all just to get it back :(

bjc26
04-12-2005, 09:38 AM
That's pretty annoying to do that sort of thing at 11PM, I try to never do any work on my car in my area past 10PM.

As far as the gutted vehicles, I did have a friend have his car impounded because the cops thought it was stolen (missing almost all of the interior, gutted for racing). Poor guy had to pay the $150 towing fee and all just to get it back :(

Yeah we typically try not to make any noise that late but after trying to get this motor to fire for the past three days and finally getting it started we just couldn't help it. It was wierd when the cops came, I was sitting in my drivers seat so it was like getting pulled over without even moving... :lol: I hope this isn't a sign of things to come.

Twin_Cam
04-12-2005, 10:23 AM
Yea, because a car running is a lot more annoying that super-bright red and blue strobe and spinning lights at 11 pm. Cops :roll:

CarbonIS
04-12-2005, 11:06 AM
Yea, because a car running is a lot more annoying that super-bright red and blue strobe and spinning lights at 11 pm. Cops :roll:

Hahahahahah good call

99SL2_Modder
04-12-2005, 11:16 AM

Hahahahahah good call

Yeah, but that only seems to happen in PA.

I had the cops roll up on me one night after I reset my PCM, and was starting my car.

It choked twice, backfired once, and started. Neighbors called, cop came, tried to say I was stealing my car, showed him my registration for the plates, he asked me why I was starting my car up at midnight, and I told him that I had just finished working on it and needed to relearn the computer. Whole lotta BS went on with my car sputtering up a storm and finally the idle went back to normal and he gave it this weird look and went back to his car for a second, and ended up just leaving.

Not only did 1 fox body stang with neon wipers past, but 2 eclipses with tire neons, and one with underbodies flew past at 45mph...in my SECTION. Fartcannons blaring with their sorry attempts at sound systems.