PDA

View Full Version : NJ - No Insurance Card Ticket

carazyguy
04-04-2006, 07:12 PM
Last week, Tuesday the 28th of March I realized I did not have an updated Insurance card from Geico. I called them up right away to get another one so if i got pulled over I had no problems. Well they faxed me Temp. Proof of Insurance and they sent the ID Card out in the mail immediately.

Lucky me, I got pulled over for Loud Muffler on Friday 3/31. The cop told me he could no accept the temporary proof of insurance from geico. So he came back with a bouquet of tickets, Loud Muffler, No Front Plate, and Failure to exhibit documents insurance id.

I tried to explain to him the SRT-4's do not come with Mufflers from the factory and he yelled at me are you trying to tell me how to do my job. So that was about all there was to that.

My question is, if i just pay this so i don't have to take off work and lose that money and pay court fees, will this ticket 39:3-29 affect me in any way. I've heard that it can have insurance points added to my history? Does anyone know this? Any help would be great.

undercover
04-05-2006, 09:42 PM
To be honest, im not sure if there are insurance points that go along with that ticket.

carazyguy
04-07-2006, 08:38 AM
Where can i find that info, i called my insurance company and they said no because i have insurance, but i want to be 100% sure.