PDA

View Full Version : Another Positive Alignment Experience

01bb6er
05-26-2012, 02:25 AM
Hey guys, just wanted to post this here instead of the vendor review area because it would see more traffic. Mods can move it if they deem it necessary.

Anyway on to my alignment. I recently added PBM rear knuckles and traction rods on my s14. With the rear knuckles I gained an extra 25mm drop without even touching the coilovers. So to get the car drive able without rubbing like crazy I had to raise the car up a bit. When I did this, I did realize I was running out of thread on the shock body of the coilover.... only I didn't realize how much.

So this past Thursday (5/24) I drove down to R/T first thing in the morning. I was the first appointment of the day so Pat got right to work and put my car on the rack and in the air. I was watching TV in the lounge when I was called over to look at the car. When I saw what Pat and co. discovered I was shocked and to be completely honest a little freaked out that I was driving on something like that.

Apparently because the knuckles had dropped the car so much, I had used up pretty much all of the thread on the coilover to get the ride height back. SO as soon as the car left the ground the shock body popped out of the lower mount!! The only thing keeping the shock body in the mount and my car in one piece and keeping me "safe" was the weight of the car!!

So needless to say I was very lucky to have my car in the hands of an expert. Any other mom and pop alignment shop probably would have had no idea what to do in a situation like that, but Pat knew exactly how to remedy the problem and got me back on the road safely.

I just wanted to post this because this story is EXACTLY why I choose to take my car to R/T Tuning and nowhere else for an alignment. So a big thanks again to Pat, Erik, Will and the whole staff over at R/T for another great alignment experience.

Erik@R/TTuning
05-30-2012, 01:27 PM
Thanks for the kind words Glen. Always good to see you and the S14 back in at the shop.