PDA

View Full Version : TST is looking for writers and photographers for a new section of the forum...

TROLL
04-03-2006, 07:39 PM
Hey guys,
I've got a lot of ideas for the site, and one of them involves covering events in the tri-state area as well as producing stories on topics that would interest our audience. Basically an e-magazine section more or less. Things like new car releases, new auto laws in the area, new track openings, or anything else tristate and auto related...
It is important that the quality of the work on the site is very high, so I would like to see if there are any writers or photographers on the site interested in helping out with this project.
I'm looking for those with experience and dedication to developing this new section of the site and making it as good as it can be with high quality work and regular updates. If we can form a team of a few writers and a few photographers I think we'll have a real good start to things. If we are spread out geographically thats even better so we can easily cover a wide area.
So if you're interested, or experienced, or both... then post up here and we can just talk out loud about it.
Thanks!
Bryan

yugotdonkey
04-03-2006, 09:01 PM
I'm interested in getting some photography experience. I consider my photos to be pretty good, and I'm also taking a photoshop course right now in college. If you would like to see some of my work let me know, I'm definitely interested.

sisforsurfing
04-03-2006, 09:33 PM
I am VERY interested in something like this. I'm a journalism student, have lots of experience writing both news and creatively, and you know I'm interested in photography. I could be very dedicated to something like this if it became something concrete. I agree that it would have to be pretty decent/high quality or nothing at all, otherwise it would get overlooked.

Sounds like a really good idea, I'll keep an eye on this thread.

boosted1eight
04-04-2006, 09:05 AM
I'd be down to do something like that. i have a pretty awesome digi cam, and decent writing skills. plus i go to almost every drag event, and car show in the area (and some not so in the area).

the mike
04-04-2006, 09:09 AM
Sounds like a good way for some of you guys to pad your resumes too.

james_ls
04-04-2006, 10:52 AM
I'm down for both.

Photography AND writing.

I'm actually part of a starting magazine in my area...which I'll let everyone know about in due time.

jspek
04-04-2006, 11:49 PM
i love writing. havent really had a chance to do anything since ive been away from school but yea i am def. down for writing. if i can get my d50 then yea im down for pics too.

TROLL
04-06-2006, 12:41 PM
hey guys,
SEMA this weekend would be a great way to kick things off... is anyone going or interested in going? I'd be looking for comprehensive photo coverage of the event... the entrance, the people, the cars, the vendors, everything... and also an article about everything that went on. It'd be good practice even since there will be so much going on, even if you just want to submit something to me to look over and work with you on...

yugotdonkey
04-06-2006, 05:28 PM
I'll be at sema.

sisforsurfing
04-06-2006, 05:38 PM
I won't be able to get to SEMA, otherwise I'd be all about covering. Most events like this I'll be glad to get to cover though, I'd really like to see something like this happen on TST.

TROLL
04-06-2006, 10:16 PM
yugotdonkey... any interest in trying to cover the show? photos, and possibly writing too? shoot me a PM about it either way and we can throw some ideas around... and anyone else thats interested, it'll be real good practice so feel free to try and get some coverage of this even too.
bryan

Rallycarperson
04-08-2006, 12:51 AM
Hey Bryan,

I would love to be a part of this. i think this will give me alot of experience, while also developing this site. You know my photography well, but I also am a creative writer. I will be attending the VW Spring Show & Go (as an event) this weekend, and also the New York Auto Show (for new car releases). So if interested in those events, or well anything...give me a holler. Thanks.

TROLL
04-08-2006, 01:01 AM
yeah if you can cover the VW Show + Go that would be great... just to get the ball rolling take things as far as you'd like to. you can either experience the event as you do and then write a recap, or you can talk to some of the participants, vendors, or whoever else and work that into the story as well. and of course see if you can get a nice gallery's worth of photos to go along with it.
if you want to talk more details about it then shoot me a PM but i'm not looking for anything too specific right now in the beginning stages of this project, so just go with what you think is best.
look forward to talking to you after the weekend...
bryan

Rallycarperson
04-10-2006, 06:41 PM
yeah if you can cover the VW Show + Go that would be great... just to get the ball rolling take things as far as you'd like to. you can either experience the event as you do and then write a recap, or you can talk to some of the participants, vendors, or whoever else and work that into the story as well. and of course see if you can get a nice gallery's worth of photos to go along with it.
if you want to talk more details about it then shoot me a PM but i'm not looking for anything too specific right now in the beginning stages of this project, so just go with what you think is best.
look forward to talking to you after the weekend...
bryan
Hey Bryan, I just finished uploading my SnG pics right now. I'll try to come up with a write up tonight.

www.pbase.com/springSNG06

EDIT: My whole gallery is deleted by mistake. Uhhh... well hopefully I'll upload them soon. But check this out for a preview of my pics http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=2549104
:mad:

TROLL
04-11-2006, 03:15 AM
sick man, i'm glad you're interested in helping out because you've got some real talent... glad you can put it to good use here :).
i also just posted a gallery from sema... i realized shows like that arent much fun for me cause there's so much its just snap snap snap but oh well... anyways i posted a thread about it but you can also view it here: http://www.bryantroll.com/other/sema/index.htm
we'll have the news section set up real soon... some web issues to deal with first that hopefully will be taken care of in the next couple of days.

OWENthatsmyname
04-16-2006, 03:23 PM
PMd you ..

krnhaze
04-18-2006, 12:07 PM
I am very interested in writing articles and such for the website... very interested in writing tech articles and on events and any other articles to interest the readers of the forum

Rallycarperson
04-18-2006, 02:51 PM
Great, it's good to see more people interested in this!

I will have the gallery of the New York Autoshow up tonight, and a writeup following soon. :)

JSPECFC3S
04-25-2006, 04:56 PM
Troll -

I'm actually a journalism major at La Salle University. I've been writing for the University paper for over a year now. I've had several features published, as well as concert and CD reviews in A&E. I even had a full front page interview with Taking Back Sunday published.

I would be interested if you're still looking for writers, it's my biggest passion aside from cars/drinking/sex.

-Jeff

JSPECFC3S
04-28-2006, 03:27 PM
or not......

TROLL
04-28-2006, 03:32 PM
chillyo, i'm only working on about 8 different projects on the site right now... and trying to have a real job at the same time.
we are working on completing a seperate news section on the forum and when it is complete then we will set it up so those interested can submit stories and photos to be ok'd and posted up in that section. i encourage anyone interested to start trying to generate their own story ideas be it individuals/cars you find interesting or unique, shops, events, new laws, new autos being released, or anything else you think might be good.

TROLL
05-10-2006, 11:59 AM
ok we've got the news section together, just need to organize the people and get the content rolling in.
i'd like to ask that only those serious about this pursue it. a lot of time is wasted when people say they want to do something but when it comes to getting the job done they are lazy and say they dont feel like it or they dont have time for it. we are looking for dedicated individuals who take pride in their work...
hope this comes together soon :)

Rallycarperson
05-29-2006, 10:34 PM
This thread needs a bump! Only both Bryan and I are the only ones who have put some forward effort in this little assignment. It would be nice to see the people who posted here, to talk to Bryan or I and see if you can cover a show. Any progress would be greatly appreciated!

I am going to STPR next, and will cover that....weee!

SUPRARICE87
08-31-2007, 04:39 PM
wow that would be cool this thread is old as hell. :eek:

I think if you open the section people will fill it. I will try to get pics from meets and attendant members on some of the meets. If you build it ....they will come.:prayer: