PDA

View Full Version : Alright TST, which HPDEs are you doing this year?

marshallpre1
02-10-2012, 11:27 AM
I'm going to be taking out the G this year for the first time ever (both driver and car) to the track. Looking at several sites now- nasane, scca, trackdaze, etc...

Just wondering which ones you guys are signing up for! Graduating with my MBA in May so I should have free time afterwards. Let's make it happen :)

non-ricer
02-10-2012, 10:35 PM
nasa/pda... njmp lightning april 21-22nd. You're going to love it...

Ender81
02-13-2012, 08:48 AM
http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=122439

012.5RS
02-14-2012, 08:36 AM
i will hopefully make the tst run at njmp this year. also has anyone done track days with tracktime4cars.com?

oneday
02-14-2012, 10:13 AM
i will hopefully make the tst run at njmp this year. also has anyone done track days with tracktime4cars.com?

Have and didn't like it--and I didn't even pay to be there. There are plenty of better groups to run with...like any other group is probably better.

I'll be at all the NJMP TrackDaze events and probably a few of their Summit Point days too (maybe a VIR, but not likely). I'll most likely end up at a PCA event or two at NJMP. Shooting for 10 HPDEs this year.

Not HPDE but, I'm doing the SJR-SCCA March Lion double comp school at NJMP in March, the NJMP and Summit Point Lemons races, and the NJMP and maybe VIR Chump Car race.

marshallpre1
02-14-2012, 11:31 AM
Thanks for the info guys. My car - G- should be good to go. I want to take the Supra out, but it leaks a drop or two of transmission fluid overnight (will get it fixed when I need a new clutch) plus I'm scared to wreck it lol. See ya'll out there

012.5RS
02-14-2012, 01:44 PM
thx for the heads up oneday

Chris B.
02-27-2012, 11:32 AM

I've run with them several times in the past 3 or 4 years. They aren't the best group for new drivers because they only have a few car instructors and if they don't get many people to sign up for an event, they put different skill level drivers out in the same group. For example, my first track day ever was with TT4C and half way through the day they had me solo(out on the track without an instructor) when they were running combined groups. In my group was a tube frame dodge viper with 700 HP and a NASCAR Craftsman series truck. They told us to do point bys, but the people who were use to professional level racing weren't doing point bys. So its not the environment for drivers new to track days.

I've also run with TT4C when they had the groups split up into skill levels and had 8 to 12 cars in my group and had a great time with lots of open space available on the track if there was a corner or section of the track I wanted to work on and experiment with.

I have to say though that you get more track time per dollar with TT4C than you get with most other groups. Their one day events are $225-$250 and you get seven to eight 20 to 30 minute sessions per day.

Chris B.
02-27-2012, 11:33 AM
I'm going to Sebring and VIR either in May or June. I'm also going to be at the TST track day in June. I don't have anything else planned yet.

chu
02-27-2012, 01:55 PM
Just started my season off running at Thunderbolt with a group of locals. What a blast!!! You guys should be looking into Porsche Club (PCA), BMWCCA, and TrackDaze for fairly priced events. NASA is very expensive imo, but is also a good organization. If you ever want to do it competitively, then NASA's HPDE program is a great way to get throught it. Other than that, I prefer the organizations I listed.

oneday
02-27-2012, 03:42 PM
chu...you still mad I had your brother running you down?

Renegade_
02-27-2012, 03:59 PM
I would like to make it out to some of these this year for the TST guys and do some video shooting for you guys, I hope you guys don't mind me rigging a gopro to some of your cars - you can always use it to analyze brake points and your lines after the fact since I would put up raw footage no problem. And you might get your car in a video edit on the front page of TST too!

chu
02-28-2012, 12:14 AM
chu...you still mad I had your brother running you down?

quiet you!!!! :mrgreen:

I'm super excited how fast he's picked up for just having 2 track days under his belt prior to the event, and never been on any of those tracks more than once. Thunderbolt was his first time there, in a car he has worked on for 3 years, but never drove. We worked on that POS Nissan up to the day before the event, lol. He cant' say enough how good you were as an instructor. We hope to see you again soon buddy!!!!

012.5RS
02-28-2012, 07:24 AM
I would like to make it out to some of these this year for the TST guys and do some video shooting for you guys, I hope you guys don't mind me rigging a gopro to some of your cars - you can always use it to analyze brake points and your lines after the fact since I would put up raw footage no problem. And you might get your car in a video edit on the front page of TST too!

I'm in. I've actually been thinking about picking up a go pro from a co worker and making my own interior mount between the two rear head rests.

chu
02-28-2012, 11:03 AM
^Less concern with videos; more concentration on driving! Save the money for brake pads!

I've had my go-pro for 2 years, and about the same amount of autox and track experience, and I have like 3 videos...all of which are autox. lol

jeffroevoix
02-28-2012, 12:12 PM
^Less concern with videos; more concentration on driving! Save the money for brake pads!

I've had my go-pro for 2 years, and about the same amount of autox and track experience, and I have like 3 videos...all of which are autox. lol

I have a couple laps at pocono, 1 autox vid, and misc pictures from around monticello because I was in picture mode:mad:. I didn't even pack it up for NJMP

If anybody wants a non HD go pro hit me up, I need new brake pads:-p

012.5RS
02-28-2012, 01:31 PM
im only concerned with the vid so that i can post auto x vids and get feedback on what to do different or what im doing right.

Ace
03-02-2012, 04:08 PM
If you are new, www.nasane.com for NASA Northeast/PDA

By far the best instruction around here for new/beginner drivers. Real instruction on track, and in classroom sessions. They really do a nice job in all aspects of things.

As far as my track days, I'm a late sign up kinda guy, damn committment ;) I'm always at Pocono though, figure hit the Glen up in the Fall as always (although last year in the sleet sucked up there), NJMP for a day or 2 as well. Gotta see where else I can squeeze time in.

marshallpre1
03-05-2012, 10:29 AM
Are Go Pro's allowed at these events, even though theyre only suction cup mounting?

oneday
03-05-2012, 12:31 PM
Usually yes. Some groups require the camera also be tethered to either the mount or the car.

DJI203
03-28-2012, 11:14 AM
Honestly, I prefer NASA MA over NE... they're more laid back, and the events are cheaper (although offset by gas for further events). Once you've done few track days, I'd then start hitting up local clubs and pay the non-member rate, whether that be PCA or BMW CCA. Both clubs offer pretty good rates for hpde's...

I'll be hitting up Summit with NASA MA & CCA, and NJMP with PCA, NASA NE this year...