PDA

View Full Version : speed limits

Blackv6Stang
03-28-2006, 09:13 PM
now lets be realistic, most people dont drive 35mph in a 35zone even if they are doing 40 or something. so my question is, if everyone is doing 55 in a 45 or something like that how do police choose who to pull over? I'm a new driver and i know that if i get a speeding ticket my parents would make me a "former" driver. On New falls road in fairless hills PA the speed limit is 40 and i'll do 45 at most and still have people passing me. i constantly have people riding my *** even if im doing 50. i'm so paranoid about getting a ticket that i rarely do 5 over the speed limit. if i was doing 45 in a 40 would i still get a ticket? even if i was just keeping up with the flow of traffic?

undercover
03-31-2006, 10:52 PM
Its a hard question to answer. If i am running radar, and i see a group of cars all doing say 50 in a 40, i will usually let the group pass, but if i find one going a bit faster he will get nailed, sometimes if i see a group i will pick out the car in the front, b/c i feel they are setting the pace for the group. it really depends. sometimes if there are 4 cars all doing 10-15 over i will just pick one. no real reason, i pull over so many people during a day that i dont really get picky, i just get one.