PDA

View Full Version : wheres all the EVOs at?

stover
01-03-2012, 07:34 AM
looking to get back into the dsm game in the spring and i thought to myself "hey why not get an evo, they are newer and it will be more likely to find a clean one, also they have 4 doors which i prefer" so ive been searching around but it seems we dont have many members with EVOs and my craigslist searches yeilded few results with the few being over priced for the mileage they were at, am i dreaming thinking i will be able to buy an evo for around 10k??

x03_EVOx
01-03-2012, 08:00 AM
Hey I'm an Evo owner from the Kutztown area. If your lookIng for one around 10k it's going to be beat and have a lot of miles. I bought my 03 from a dealer for 16.5k with 68k miles on it about 8 months ago.

Got Insulin?
01-03-2012, 02:53 PM
Still looking at 16-18 for a clean, relatively stock one.

TalonTsi97
01-03-2012, 03:00 PM
lol at "it will be more likely to find a clean one" wait till you start looking. There the new DSM. Everybody and their father wants one so i get people asking me for help looking for one or they send me ones they found and ask for opinion and unless you spend good money majority of them i'd never invest $15k + into.

PAdutch
01-03-2012, 03:24 PM
Yeah your definetly not going to find one for 10k in good shape. About 15-16k can usually get you a decent one with some mileage, if you look hard enough. It took me about 6 months to find mine.

TalonTsi97
01-03-2012, 03:34 PM
For $10k your basically buying a blown (either motor issues or trans) high mileage one that will need a lot of attention. My buddy purchased one with 120k on it with a few bolt ons and a blown transfer case and got it back together but then needed to do a lot of maintenance, then wanted more mods, and then it became a whole project.

metalgearunltd
01-03-2012, 07:47 PM
For $10,000 you can get a low mileage rolling Evo shell. They are still going for a lot of money. 15-18 with some mileage as stated above. If you want lower mileage its usually above $20,000. Also depends on mods, condition, models etc.. Good luck with the search. Whatever you do, don't rush into anything.

stover
01-03-2012, 10:20 PM
guess ill just stick to getting a 2g then, bummer i wanted 4 doors

x03_EVOx
01-03-2012, 10:54 PM
^^^You could always get a galant vr4. They are older but four door....

metalgearunltd
01-04-2012, 12:24 AM
You don't have to settle for less, why don't you just save up that little bit more? You'll be able to afford the evo eventually. Just remember, price does not matter if the buyer feels it it worth it in the end. Feel comfortable with the condition of the evo that your buying. If you don,t feel it is worth the money, then you can see if there is anything else. There is a car for every buyer, just has to be found. Good luck.

Got Insulin?
01-04-2012, 12:33 AM
^^^You could always get a galant vr4. They are older but four door....

Good luck finding one in decent, non-hacked condition. I've been searching for a while now.

x03_EVOx
01-04-2012, 07:55 AM
Good luck finding one in decent, non-hacked condition. I've been searching for a while now.

There's 2 on Craigslist that look in decent shape. There not stock but look like they were done right. I know there rare but I was just saying since he wanted four doors.

stover
01-04-2012, 08:15 AM
my issue is i want an almost stock or stock car, im tired of buying modified cars, even the ones that claim to be done right or looks to be done prefesionally have flaws and i dont want anyone elses headache, like got insulin said finding a clean gvr4 unmolested would be harder then finding a 10k evo, and i cant justify spending 15k on a car that does the same thing a 5k car can do, even 10k is pushing it in my book

lownslow95
01-04-2012, 04:39 PM

Sent you a pm about one.

Got Insulin?
01-04-2012, 06:04 PM
Sent you a pm about one.

Was actually speaking about a GVR4, but I'm going to go check out that EVO anyways. :thumbup:

Big_Jim
01-04-2012, 06:15 PM
Uh oh, taylor in an evo? that gets the big jim stamp of approval.

Got Insulin?
01-04-2012, 07:46 PM
Uh oh, taylor in an evo? that gets the big jim stamp of approval.

It just makes sense. It's the one car in my price range that I can say I would like to have just slightly more than the MINI. There's a few with 70-80K on them in a price range that I could probably get the car MINI paid off, and only need to come up with less than $8K to pay off. If my insurance doesn't totally brain me, it'll be a step up, a good bit of car debt off my shoulders, and a car that I'll already have enough parts for to probably run 12s or faster the day after I buy it, haha.