PDA

View Full Version : my fun at cecil dragway

C'DALERIDER
03-27-2006, 11:48 AM
i replyed in another post but thought id start a thread.
It was the first time i have been to a drag race track in like 16 years. jeez. It was awesome! I finaly found out what my car runs so i have something to compare it to before the new setup. I found out afew things about my car and me. I need to practice. i can not time the launch well! Brake tq'ing is very difficult to time perfectly because the brakes on the car will not hold her back . At about 15psi and 3500rpm she starts to break free and move alittle. My second run i tryed to get a great launch and started the brake tq alittle earlier than my first run. Boost and rpm's shot up and if i could have launched right then, she would have easily hit mid 1 second 60 foot and maybe low 12's... but she started to move. I had to stop and back up and start over. My 3rd and last run i timed her pretty well and got a pretty good launch. most of my times were only different because of my reaction times....lol . they suck, .4 to .6 seconds. Like i said, it was my first time to a track in along long time , and even then, i ran a bike not a car!!

60'-ranged from 1.7 to 1.87
1/4 mile speed ranged from 107.9(108)mph to 108.99(109)mph
1/4 mile time ranged from 12.6 to 12.8 seconds

First run i ran a srt4. This kid was pretty cool and a nice car he had. He went a 14.0 at 101 and a negative r/t.
I must say, i saw a sweet cobra, a red lightning, ta's and some z28's. I was expecting to see mid to low 11's from those cars. none of them were that fast, infact they were all about exactly my times. I think most "fast " street cars are low 12's from what i witnessed. There was a black ford focus racing a integra that was yellow and looked hooked up and realy nice. i think he ran a low 13. There was a sweet sweet silver viper also. i did not see the numbers and the video was looking at the wrong lane but i think it was mid to low 11's with a real good driver. Most other cars there were non-street cars. My second run, this mustang ran a 10.2 at 135 and my third run i ran an late 60's camaro that jumped offsides but i was right next to him the hole time. It was alot of fun.
I did NO weight reduction except take my little sub out and put it in the stands with my friend who was watching/videoing.

BTW, saturday mornings are real nice at the track. Temperatures are still cool (not realy a factor this time of year) and i could have done 20 runs in an hour. I would do a run, go over and talk to my friend that came with me (she has a soon to be fp18G'd sabbaru and LOVED the track), drink some coffee, watch some "true" fast cars and go try another run.

ej20wrx123
03-27-2006, 01:19 PM
whats your setup?

C'DALERIDER
03-27-2006, 01:29 PM
automatic wrx with an fp18G tuned at just under 300awhp/280awtq by Andrew at Xotic. The auto has alot of drivetran loss. Protq tc mod and ipt valvebody mod. Oh, a nice heavy radio, amp and driver/owner.

ej20wrx123
03-27-2006, 01:34 PM
thats pretty fast for only 300whp on that dyno. That must be a fun setup at the track.
Keep up the good work

D Money
03-27-2006, 01:41 PM
Nice runs Ron. I cannot wait to get to Andy's in 3 weeks. The ewg is going to scream!!! Your new setup will be unstopable, simple as that.

C'DALERIDER
03-27-2006, 03:35 PM
Thanks Dimitri. I can wait for Andrew to find the time to finish the wagon. I hope it happens.
Let me know when you go to see Andy.

D Money
03-27-2006, 04:06 PM
Thanks Demetri. I can wait for Andrew to find the time to finish the wagon. I hope it happens.
Let me know when you go to see Andy.
Definately! I will have him call you to meet me at the shop, I owe for $400 anyways. I cannot wait for both of us to be dyno'd and on the street! lol BTW, my name is Dimitri lol haha j/p with ya Ron.

C'DALERIDER
03-27-2006, 04:29 PM
Definately! I will have him call you to meet me at the shop, I owe for $400 anyways. I cannot wait for both of us to be dyno'd and on the street! lol BTW, my name is Dimitri lol haha j/p with ya Ron.
sorry about the spelling, i dont know what i was thinking i know how to spell youre name. fixed it. I told you to get the car running first, then worry about the money. I know Andrew has been buisy and hope we can get this done before i change my mind and decide to get an H6 instead...LOL. He did the heads and they look amazing.

D Money
03-27-2006, 04:36 PM
I am really looking forward to the 18g setup seeing as the times you are putting down with a bad launch in your opinion. You should easily go 12.0-12.5 on pump with the 18g, take it to the track with the new setup and it will go like 10's lol.

ej20wrx123
03-27-2006, 05:36 PM
umm an h6 with a gt40 would be sweet

C'DALERIDER
03-27-2006, 05:45 PM
umm an h6 with a gt40 would be sweet
yep, iv been following pdxtunings progress on nasioc. Looks like thats the setup to go with if you have unlimited funds, but i don't. The new house and my wifes cosmetic surgery killed me this winter :cry:

ej20wrx123
03-27-2006, 06:49 PM
doesn't look like too much cash. Iirc gruppe-s sells h6 motors for 2999. and all you need is pistons intake/exhaust mani and a bad ass turbo.
If my car ever gets out the shop i'll meet you down at cecil one night.