PDA

View Full Version : points question...

fastjim
03-26-2006, 11:02 AM
just a quick question... i was down in brick township/ toms river NJ this weekend for my girlfriends dads funeral and this guy in front of me had no blinker on or nothing and was slowing down to almost a stop and then turned.. as soon as i had enough room to pass i nailed it cuz it got me aggravated... well a little while down a cop pulls behind me and pulls me over... first question is i had an expired insurance paper in the car the new one was at my house i just forgot to switch them so he gave me a ticket for failure to show valid insurance... is there anything i can do to fight this cuz i do have valid insurance but it just wasnt with me at the time... second he also gave me a ticket for careless driving.. this one im not gonna fight cuz i was kinda speeding and would take a careless driving ticket then loose my license... my question is does this ticket hold points and do they transfer over to PA since my license is a PA license but i got the ticket in NJ... thanks for any help...