PDA

View Full Version : Window tint= legal in PA

hummerman88
03-21-2006, 10:47 PM
TITLE 75 Section 4524 (e)(1) of the Pennsylvania Common Statutes states that

(1) No person shall drive any motor vehicle with any sun screening device or other material which does not permit a person to see or view the inside of the vehicle through the windshield, side wing or side window of the vehicle.

This is basically saying that anything over 20-30% window tint is actually legal because you can still clearly see in and out of the car. Thats what I am getting out of that, as an officer, what would you say to that? Since it doenst directly state any window tint under 70%, they have no "burden of proof" to make me take it off, or even cite me. Apparently cops are using safety bulletins as laws/statutes to cite window tint. How true is all of this?

undercover
03-22-2006, 05:22 PM
it is up to the descression of the officer it sounds like. Being that it does not say any % numbers, if u had 20% and got a ticket im sure it would stand in court b/c the stature does not say a certain % is or is not legal. It just says you cant have a sun screening device. but maybe crownvic will respond since hes the Pa guy.