PDA

View Full Version : Experience with Extreme

peteyturbo
03-20-2006, 07:21 PM
I decided to go to Extreme for a boost gauge that was listed "in stock" on they're website on friday. I wan't to surprised to find out when I got there that they did not have the said, "in stock", part. So I give them the benifit of the doubt ans ask if they can order one, surprisingly I am told they are on backorder..I had a feeling this was not the case, and called another LOCAL VENDOR, and they had them item shipped from their distributor and personally dropped off at my house today. You guys need to make alittle more effort even if someone is just buying a piddley boost gauge.

D Money
03-20-2006, 07:37 PM
what kind of boost guage was it? Defi' or something?

extremepsi
03-20-2006, 08:04 PM
I decided to go to Extreme for a boost gauge that was listed "in stock" on they're website on friday. I wan't to surprised to find out when I got there that they did not have the said, "in stock", part. So I give them the benifit of the doubt ans ask if they can order one, surprisingly I am told they are on backorder..I had a feeling this was not the case, and called another LOCAL VENDOR, and they had them item shipped from their distributor and personally dropped off at my house today. You guys need to make alittle more effort even if someone is just buying a piddley boost gauge.

We certainly do apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused you. However, operating a local retail shop and an online website at the same time causes some small problems, since "local" sales will not reflect the quantity immediately on "website" quantity. Hope this makes sense :confused: What this means is that if we were down to our last boost gauge and someone purchased it locally, the website wouldn't reflect this sale immediately. Therefore still stating "In-stock" on the website.

As far as the effort is concerned, I believe most can attest that we do try our best here. We are authorized dealers for Apexi-usa and they are in-fact "out-of-stock" on that particular gauge. The vendor you purchased from most likely had that item instock from a previous purchase they made with Apexi. In any event, we're glad that you were able to locate that gauge. Good luck with the install! :thumbup:

Extreme PSI

Driven
03-20-2006, 08:16 PM
I don't want to look like an ExtremePSI nutswinger, but I think you're situation was pretty rare petey.

I've been lucky enough that just about every part I've gone into extremPSI for has been in stock. They even had my last two turbos in stock when I went in to purchase them. I've even been able to find some off the wall items that I thought for sure they wouldn't have or even have trouble getting, but they had them on the shelf. Give them another shot. If it's a far drive for you, give them a ring before taking the ride and I'm sure they can tell you if it is definitely in stock or not.

TurboTagTeam
03-20-2006, 08:55 PM
I went in there before ready to buy my gauges. Their website said thy had the ones I wanted in stock...I go there ready to buy...Sold out.

However...These guys do ALOT of buisness. I totally understand if they forgot to update their website. Everytime I am in there, there is a 6 foot tall pile of boxes ready to ship out.

NOONE stocks ANYTHING for my car. But these guys are pretty good at getting parts for me in a timely order. They got me my B&M shifter in 2 days for 50$ less than I found ANYWERE. Most sites wanted over 200$ plus shipping. They did it for 150 shipped.

extremepsi
03-20-2006, 09:49 PM
Thanks for the support fellas! :mrgreen: In all honesty, if we came across as "effortless", I sincerely do apologize for that. Please don't feel as though we only cater to customers who spend big bucks with us. There is no descrimination between customers who purchase a turbocharger or a light bulb. In addition, we are always more than happy to special order products that we generally don't carry. However, that particular boost gauge was out of our hands. It was in fact back-order from Apexi, and from what I hear, it's going to be another month or so :eek:

peteyturbo
03-21-2006, 05:26 PM
Actually they did NOT have it in stock, they ordered it from a distributor and personally delivered it to my house in two working days. Keep in mind you told me they were "backordered" and made no effort to scource one for me, that bothers me alot more then the "not being in stock" thing since that is almost to be expected theese days.We certainly do apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused you. However, operating a local retail shop and an online website at the same time causes some small problems, since "local" sales will not reflect the quantity immediately on "website" quantity. Hope this makes sense :confused: What this means is that if we were down to our last boost gauge and someone purchased it locally, the website wouldn't reflect this sale immediately. Therefore still stating "In-stock" on the website.

As far as the effort is concerned, I believe most can attest that we do try our best here. We are authorized dealers for Apexi-usa and they are in-fact "out-of-stock" on that particular gauge. The vendor you purchased from most likely had that item instock from a previous purchase they made with Apexi. In any event, we're glad that you were able to locate that gauge. Good luck with the install! :thumbup:

Extreme PSI

peteyturbo
03-21-2006, 05:29 PM
No I wanted the Apex mechanical black face reading in PSI..The defi's will come at a time I am comfortable spending 600bux for a pair of gauges :eek: what kind of boost guage was it? Defi' or something?

2point4DSM
03-21-2006, 06:01 PM
Actually they did NOT have it in stock, they ordered it from a distributor and personally delivered it to my house in two working days. Keep in mind you told me they were "backordered" and made no effort to scource one for me, that bothers me alot more then the "not being in stock" thing since that is almost to be expected theese days.

I know a lot of smaller DSM shops have accounts with bigger DSM shops which have a bigger inventory of in-stock items cause they deal directly with the manufacturer. ExtremePSI very much like the other big DSM shops when it comes to pricing and inventory because they also deal directly with the manufacturer. Unfortunately, being a big DSM shop they don't have accounts with other big DSM shops. They didn't have the gauge in stock and neither did the manufacturer there was no where else for them to source it.

In my experience, ExtremePSI has always been a top notch shop to do business with.

BlackBulletTSi
03-21-2006, 10:41 PM
ALways have a great experience going there. Great guys just picked up a J pipe from them the other day.

HuffRex
03-23-2006, 12:57 PM
These guys have been nothing but good to me. Problems I had with parts, they helped fix the issue very fairly. Stuff I order arrived promptly. Like previously stated, its tough running two different area's of the business at the same time. This is a rare occurance!

Gsxtacyno2
03-26-2006, 09:34 PM
where do i start?! they didnt put my battery hold down back on and it grounded off my battery positive post shutting my car off in the middle of a turn in an intersection! they also worked on my car and used PAPERCLIPS instead of a cotter pin (everyone knows there is a big difference between the two right) so on my way home i guess the paperclip broke and since nothing else was tight my axel came right out from whre it goes through the rotor and what not. checked the other side (after being towed) and there was a paperclip holding it in and that side was about to do the same... and i think the reason of this ****ty job was because they told me to pick my car up at 6 i got there at 530 and they were playing playstation and having a good time. and one last thing that pissed me off was buying an exhaust that was on "back order" that they said they'd get within a month they didnt. and i said forget it, i'll just take my money back and find another one they charged me a restocking fee F***************CK that... what you guys think about that?

TROLL
03-26-2006, 09:43 PM
dont mind me, just posting to let everyone know im moving this to the 'vendor reviews' forum, where it more appropriately belongs...
i suppose i should add that i have had nothing but good experiences with the shop as an individual (before we had a relationship through the forum) and presently as well.

peteyturbo
03-28-2006, 11:52 PM
That paperclip thing is just terrible..Sorry to hear that..I guess my only gripe has been lack of motivation and keeping the site up to date. Although many people have had good experiences buying parts from them, guess they can't be perfect all the time, but it is certainly not going to convince me to, or refer others to do buisness with them.
where do i start?! they didnt put my battery hold down back on and it grounded off my battery positive post shutting my car off in the middle of a turn in an intersection! they also worked on my car and used PAPERCLIPS instead of a cotter pin (everyone knows there is a big difference between the two right) so on my way home i guess the paperclip broke and since nothing else was tight my axel came right out from whre it goes through the rotor and what not. checked the other side (after being towed) and there was a paperclip holding it in and that side was about to do the same... and i think the reason of this ****ty job was because they told me to pick my car up at 6 i got there at 530 and they were playing playstation and having a good time. and one last thing that pissed me off was buying an exhaust that was on "back order" that they said they'd get within a month they didnt. and i said forget it, i'll just take my money back and find another one they charged me a restocking fee F***************CK that... what you guys think about that?

peteyturbo
03-28-2006, 11:53 PM
BTW, my bad I posted in the wrong section..Saweedont mind me, just posting to let everyone know im moving this to the 'vendor reviews' forum, where it more appropriately belongs...
i suppose i should add that i have had nothing but good experiences with the shop as an individual (before we had a relationship through the forum) and presently as well.