PDA

View Full Version : What do you guys think?

05GT
03-20-2006, 03:52 PM
Hey everyone, the slow 05 Mustang GT here lol.

Question for everyone... so far I've managed to run a 13.02 @ 106 with a 1.924 60' time.

The other night, I ran a 13.1 but with a 1.868 60' time. I'm guessing that with slightly better shifting, my car should be in the high 12's yes? Perhaps 12.7 or 8 ish?

Anyway, my real question is this... Voretch's stock pully produces 8 psi...at which Vortech claims on a stock GT, it will produce 420 HP and 385 lbs of torque.
I am soon to buy one...but I am also purchasing a 10psi pully for it.
I also am not stock. (4.10's, headers, hi-flow cats, x-pipe, axle-back) I am aware that my tune will no longer count nor will my intake.

So, what do you think I should be at 1/4 mile time with that setup?
This pure theory, no one will know for sure til its done, but I'm just interested to see what people think. Thanks.

347gtvert
03-20-2006, 04:36 PM
First off. join svtsnake.com, you will get more info there, its bunch of mustang heads...

second. Vortechs own 05 went 11.8's @ 118. Thats leaving the line off the rev limiter and power shifting.

C'DALERIDER
03-20-2006, 04:36 PM
with about 420-430 rwhp, which is what a vortec on a newer stang , 3 valved engine should be at least that, and wide rubber...my guess is 11.8 @ 122.

Where are you located? i know there are many of shops that tune mustangs but there is one in huntington valley xxx, and they are good.
http://www.axceleratedmotorsports.com/

347gtvert
03-20-2006, 04:37 PM
Read this - http://www.svtsnake.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14178

347gtvert
03-20-2006, 04:38 PM
with about 420-430 rwhp, which is what a vortec on a newer stang , 3 valved engine should be at least that, and wide rubber...my guess is 11.8 @ 122.

Where are you located? i know there are many of shops that tune mustangs but there is one in huntington valley ,JD's , and they are good.
http://www.jds-high-performance.com/highperformance.htm

I would stray away from JD's....They dont have much experience w/ the 3 valve...

Take it here. http://www.axceleratedmotorsports.com/

347gtvert
03-20-2006, 04:39 PM
http://www.svtsnake.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13553

C'DALERIDER
03-20-2006, 04:53 PM
Those are some great numbers for a mustang GT with exhaust , s/c and tune. I would have one next week but i REALY enjoy AWD to much. But they are great cars IMO.

05GT
03-20-2006, 05:05 PM
First off. join svtsnake.com, you will get more info there, its bunch of mustang heads...

second. Vortechs own 05 went 11.8's @ 118. Thats leaving the line off the rev limiter and power shifting.

Thanks everyone for replying. Keep it coming.

I don't have a rev limiter anymore lol. But I understand what you are saying. Oh and nice thread.

Also...again...Vortech own 05 GT was stock, and it was the stock pully on the blower. I will be boosting it to 10psi, and again...i have full exhaust and 4.10. Granted with the full exhaust I would think I would see significantly more gains once blown seeing as how the gains now are pretty impressive.

347gtvert
03-20-2006, 05:40 PM
Just have it tuned....Good Luck!

When you thinking of doing this?

blownGT
03-20-2006, 07:38 PM
probably one of the best sites around for tech info on modulars is at modulardepot.com ... for a tuner for your setup kauffman motorsports is in dillsburg, pa and do great work and are nice guys i have delt with them in the past ( http://www.kauffmanmotorsports.com ) i dont see why you should have a problem seeing 11s with the blower and your other supporting mods

sleeperstyle
03-20-2006, 07:59 PM
i think it COULD go mid 11's, but will probably go low 12's (with a decent launch and decent driving- keeping the drivetrain IN the car). of course with slicks and a 6k rpms wheel lifting flywheel exploding driveshaft snapping launch you would see the 11's.

it'll trap very nice i'd bet however.

DocEwww
03-20-2006, 08:26 PM
I think it'll go 13 flat @ 119...only cuz ur car LOVES the 13s :-p

Put that rev limiter back in the car...I wanna smack the guy that tuned your ride.

05GT
03-21-2006, 01:09 AM
I think it'll go 13 flat @ 119...only cuz ur car LOVES the 13s :-p

Put that rev limiter back in the car...I wanna smack the guy that tuned your ride.

LMFAO....HAHAHA :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Indeed it does lmao.

Yeah well I'm sure that when it gets dyno tuned, it will have it put back on...just slightly higher then them stock 6200 limit.

I am thinking of doing this within the month. So by mid April. (Hopefully)

96s14
03-21-2006, 12:04 PM
I had a good experience with JDs. I would def reccomend them

SilverTurboRidin
03-21-2006, 12:25 PM

your one of the VERY FEW

05GT
03-22-2006, 04:30 AM
Well, I'm picking up the blower 2morrow. Prolly won't get it installed for a couple weeks but I'll get to stare at it in the nice box. LMAO.

DocEwww
03-22-2006, 10:21 PM
Well, I'm picking up the blower 2morrow. Prolly won't get it installed for a couple weeks but I'll get to stare at it in the nice box. LMAO.

Sweet. I'm comming by this weekend to check it out :mrgreen:

96s14
03-22-2006, 10:24 PM
Why does everyonoe dislike them?

blownGT
03-27-2006, 12:26 PM
i wouldnt :finga:

blownGT
03-27-2006, 12:30 PM
install is not that bad on the blower ... you could do it yourself with some basic tools... what setup did you end up going with

05GT
03-30-2006, 02:01 PM
install is not that bad on the blower ... you could do it yourself with some basic tools... what setup did you end up going with

I went with the Vortech non aftercooled kit. I also purchased the 10psi pulley only after many phone calls and much talking with at least 10 different dyno and supercharger install shops.

It came in on Tuesday anyway. I came home and it was sitting on my front deck haha.

I don't think I'm gonna do it myself. I think I'll just wait a couple weeks til I get the money, and have someone do it for me. I just don't want the hassle of it taking longer the it needs to, and worrying about something not being right. At least if something isn't right, whoever installed it will have to fix it. :mrgreen:

peteyturbo
03-30-2006, 03:42 PM
C'mon, doing the install is half the fun of buying it! :partyman:
I went with the Vortech non aftercooled kit. I also purchased the 10psi pulley only after many phone calls and much talking with at least 10 different dyno and supercharger install shops.

It came in on Tuesday anyway. I came home and it was sitting on my front deck haha.

I don't think I'm gonna do it myself. I think I'll just wait a couple weeks til I get the money, and have someone do it for me. I just don't want the hassle of it taking longer the it needs to, and worrying about something not being right. At least if something isn't right, whoever installed it will have to fix it. :mrgreen:

347gtvert
03-30-2006, 04:05 PM

Where you gonna go?

05GT
03-30-2006, 07:02 PM
Where you gonna go?

To a place in PA called Performance Specialty. They are highly recommended from the guys at SCT.
He's giving me a great price to install and dyno it.
Plus, he can do it ona Sunday for me, and have it done that day.

DocEwww
03-31-2006, 12:34 AM
Mark you off work Saturday or tomorrow? If so tell the wifey to find something to do...we're chilling, I need to checkout that damn blower.

05GT
03-31-2006, 08:26 AM
Mark you off work Saturday or tomorrow? If so tell the wifey to find something to do...we're chilling, I need to checkout that damn blower.

NOPE!! But you can come check it out maybe Saturday night after I get home...or if you want you can hang out on Sunday.