PDA

View Full Version : ecuExplorer 3.0.25 (SUBARU)

sur4die
03-20-2006, 11:30 AM
anyone here fool around with the ecuExplorer, formerly DL1, subaru factory protocol/ecu analyzer?
http://www.tari.co.za/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl

i just got it setup for the first time this weekend. it's amazing the amount of information the stock ECU can get you once you can talk to the damn thing.

S4toSTI
03-20-2006, 11:41 AM
nice find wish i had a pc sometimes.

sisforsurfing
03-20-2006, 12:06 PM
I've seen that before but forgot the name of it, definitely a bookmark now.
I didn't realize datalogging software like this existed for our cars. I am undoubtedly downloading this when I finally get my AccessPort. Some people are hitting some weird knock on Cobb's base maps... definitely looking into this as soon as I get the AP and/or a diagnostic cable.

JoeScooby
03-20-2006, 06:01 PM
I used it yesterday, found those "bogus"? trouble codes? The reason why I say bogus, i totally reflashed my ECU and they were all stil there. UNLESS the reflash dosent work, also cleared the memory with my AP. I think I will stay away from this, you can do some rrrrrrrrrreal damage with that thing. I will stick with Tari's DL1 for datalogging.

sur4die
03-21-2006, 01:52 PM
ecuExplorer is basically Tari's evolution of DL1. it just enables you to also read and write to the FLASH... if you're brave enough. the basic logging features are the same as DL1, just slightly updated with features like absolute MAP, engine load, and advance multiplier.

sisforsurfing
03-21-2006, 03:32 PM
I used it yesterday, found those "bogus"? trouble codes? The reason why I say bogus, i totally reflashed my ECU and they were all stil there. UNLESS the reflash dosent work, also cleared the memory with my AP. I think I will stay away from this, you can do some rrrrrrrrrreal damage with that thing. I will stick with Tari's DL1 for datalogging.
I read that it's having trouble with '04+ WRX's reading trouble codes and it wasn't advised as being totally correct.

I'm gonna use it just for datalogging as well, but that's a great tool alone. No way I'm flashing anything onto my ECU with that, I'll stick with Cobb and a Protune if I see any bad things through the log.

sur4die
03-21-2006, 03:39 PM
so can anybody explain to me exactly what you would be looking for when you read these logs? i have been stalking the Tari forum so i have an idea, but i wanted to see what else you guys could point to.

JoeScooby
03-22-2006, 02:13 PM
There is alot you can be looking for, it has injector duty cycles, knock correction, EGT's, reads boost in PSI or bar, can convert AF into lambda if need be. Whatever your concerned with on your motor it can track. I think the only thing its missing is oil pressure.. but im not sure on that. Hopefully they can include a wideband on the next release and a Windows mobile edition. And I figued those trouble codes were bogus.. wasted about 30 min of my time.

sur4die
03-22-2006, 02:27 PM
i need something like a primer on engine management/monitoring. i know that i can see all these values (data, glorious data!), but i have little knowledge of what a good or bad value or trend looks like.

joe, don't hold your breath... the guy who coded ecuExplorer, calvin, has left it behind for another project. (namely map editing) he has released the source code to ecuExplorer, but it's lacking in the comments department and is in some what of a state of disrepair.

JoeScooby
03-23-2006, 12:58 PM
As long as I dont get a CEL, I can use the A.P for codes. I'm mainly concerned with the data logging. If you want to go all out you can buy ECUTek's Delta Dash.. it runs about 400 bucks but it has sooooo much stuff. You can also make your own dashboard and display it on your laptop of PDA i think.