PDA

View Full Version : I was bored so I did a ODBII Scan

JoeScooby
03-19-2006, 03:09 PM
Messing around with Tari's new ECUExplorer this afternoon and to my suprise I had like 20 trouble codes.. WTF. Anyone know WTF these things are.. My car is fine.. no problems what so ever.. I hope. WTF Is an OSV Solenoid or PIVGN??
Are these the things the inspectors looks for when the do your inspection? I'll tell you one thing, my backup lights work fine.. ::hmphh::

http://img530.imageshack.us/img530/9573/odbscan5kp.jpg

BlackBulletTSi
03-19-2006, 03:49 PM
Maybe they are old codes?

JoeScooby
03-19-2006, 03:53 PM
I kinda thought about that, this is the first time I ever read my ODB trouble codes so they might of been in there for a while. I guess if I need to clear these I need to revert to stock with the Cobb AP, then clear them through Tari, then reflash through Cobb. PITA

Keyan
03-19-2006, 03:54 PM
Clear the codes. only worry about them if they come back.

Intercooled T
03-19-2006, 04:10 PM
do the paperclip test on the obdII port, that'll tell you for sure

JoeScooby
03-19-2006, 04:59 PM
umm whats the paperclip test

Intercooled T
03-19-2006, 05:12 PM
i'm not sure of the correct ports on obdII, but in obdI you bend a paperclip so it goes in the data and ground terminals, this will cause the SES/CES light to flash 3 times, then it will blink a series of times to tell you what codes are active...ie: blinks once, then three times (code 13), etc. google it online, pretty simple to do, make sure the engine is not on when you do it.

JoeScooby
03-19-2006, 06:23 PM
Now i'm not to concerned with that, im concerned with the smoke comming off my turbo...

Orbit
03-20-2006, 06:50 PM
disconnect the negative battery terminal, press the break a few times.reconnect. that should get rid of all codes.

S4toSTI
03-20-2006, 07:21 PM
Ok everyone before we have him doing all this weird stuff there is a option on the ap to reset the ecu.... that will clear tho codes and doens't reguire any paperclips or touching of the battery.

Orbit
03-20-2006, 07:45 PM
I figured he did that since he does not have a cel on.

Ok everyone before we have him doing all this weird stuff there is a option on the ap to reset the ecu.... that will clear tho codes and doens't reguire any paperclips or touching of the battery.

cburwell
03-21-2006, 01:24 AM
i'm not sure of the correct ports on obdII, but in obdI you bend a paperclip so it goes in the data and ground terminals, this will cause the SES/CES light to flash 3 times, then it will blink a series of times to tell you what codes are active...ie: blinks once, then three times (code 13), etc. google it online, pretty simple to do, make sure the engine is not on when you do it.

That probably would not be nesessary in this case since he already has software that can read the codes as well as clear them.

In any case some OBDII cars you can use a combination of the ignition key and the throttle to get the SES light to flash the codes you have. Not all OBDII cars are capable of this however.