PDA

View Full Version : Philly Region Novice Autox School: Sept 17th - 18th

psushoe
09-09-2011, 03:00 PM
All,

Below is information on an upcoming novice school being held by the Philadelphia Region SCCA. For anyone just getting into the sport, this is a must do class! Entry price includes lunch on Sunday, entrance to a regular season Philly event, and lots of seat time to improve those cone dodging skills :driving:

The Philly Region is very excited to offer 2nd novice school of 2011 to help novice drivers learn the art of Solo competition. The program will consist of a Saturday afternoon of classroom instruction with intensive on-course instruction the following day, Sunday.

In the classroom session we will be teaching the basics of course navigation as it pertains to selecting the best line through the obstacle(s) among other things. The course instruction will apply the classroom instruction into practice with the focus on car control while navigating the obstacles. The classroom instruction is mandatory for those wishing to enter the novice school.

The school will be held at Delaware Park in Wilmington, DE. This is a pre-regstration only event and that can be found here:

Novice School pre-registration link (http://www.motorsportreg.com/index.cfm/event/event.advert/uidEvent/F6DBCEFD-F537-CF95-D9B1D39CA54D209C)

Registration will open tonight (August 23, 2011) at 6:00 pm and will close on September 15th, 2011 at 11:59 pm.

The school will be capped at 30 students to allow for a good teacher to student ratio. Our Novice Schools have shown to be very helpful in the past with wonderful feedback from the students that have attended. We hope to see you there!

suprmonky73
09-11-2011, 03:18 PM
thanks for posting this, just signed up!

Burnt2Death
09-11-2011, 03:22 PM
I would have signed up but I have other plans for that Saturday. Looks like I will never give it a try now. wtf.

psushoe
09-11-2011, 10:01 PM
thanks for posting this, just signed up!
Sweet!
I would have signed up but I have other plans for that Saturday. Looks like I will never give it a try now. wtf.

You can always come to a regular event. This class is awesome for ppl new to the sport, but it is not required for you to come drive at regular events.