PDA

View Full Version : DSM Owner new to Delaware (Middletown)

Korupt
08-08-2011, 10:00 PM
Hey everyone my name is Jeremy. I am new to the Delaware area. I am in Middletown. I drive a 99 Eclipse GST. I moved down here a few weeks ago for work and will be here for a while from the looks of things. What all is there to do around here? I haven't seen anything down here at all yet.

katsimbris
08-08-2011, 10:38 PM
Hey Jeremy, welcome. Delaware, like many areas is quite dynamic. There are some very chill people and hang out times that I do, and then there's crazy times with crazy people that you might have to go searching for (I'm not sure if there are particular threads out there for those meets).

However, we cool old guys have a bi-weekly meet in northern , and another one in. So, technically there's a meet every week. Usually, the first posts are updated the week of the meet with where and when to meet.

I'd post the links, but Tri-State won't let me because this is my first post, and I usually don't post. But those threads are here somewhere.

Mike K.

SikneSS
08-09-2011, 06:56 AM
hello and welcome to Delaware

here's the link to the bi-weekly Northern DE meet.......
http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=79647

here's the link to the bi-weekly Southern DE meet.......
http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=92307

the Northern meet's thread always has the first post updated with date/time/where/etc. and we meet at that spot. but the Southern meet's thread usually isn't up to date but that's because the OP goes MIA for weeks at a time for the Air Force..... we're led to believe he's a super secret special forces guy but he's not at liberty to talk about it. anywho, the Southern meet is always at the Buffalo Wild Wings parking lot in Dover, DE and after hanging out for a bit we then decide where to go eat (we don't always eat at BWW).

lownslow95
08-09-2011, 07:57 AM
Welcome to TST. I'm about 20 minutes away or so in MD. I haven't seen to many meets pop up in the Middletown area.

SikneSS
08-09-2011, 09:42 AM
Welcome to TST. I'm about 20 minutes away or so in MD. I haven't seen to many meets pop up in the Middletown area.

check out the Northern DE meet's thread...... we usually setup the meet along rt. 40 which is roughly 15 minutes north of Middletown.

The01Cav
08-09-2011, 04:57 PM
Hey nice to see another local. My name is Larry I have a pontiac G6 GXP and live in Townsend. Welcome!

muzzy350z
08-10-2011, 03:24 PM
I live in middletown. Stop crowding!

Korupt
08-17-2011, 09:13 AM
Yea I am definitally going to head to the meets. I want to meet up with some people and just bs cars.

SikneSS
08-17-2011, 09:21 AM
there's a meet this Thursday at the Chick-Fil-A (well behind it actually) on Route 40 at 7 p.m.

MTV2002
08-17-2011, 06:25 PM
i live in smyrna now. so i guess i can go to both now!

SikneSS
08-18-2011, 08:14 AM
i live in smyrna now. so i guess i can go to both now!

i work in Clayton (next to Smyrna) so maybe i'll see you around unless you work some crazy shift.

The01Cav
09-07-2011, 01:04 PM
Just dropping back in and seeing whats up, I don't think i've seen this car around the area yet lol.

Korupt
09-07-2011, 04:38 PM
I am out an about a bunch during work hours, usually 8am to 5pm. Although lately I have been working a good bit in Chestertown, MD. At night I am not out often though. I did meet a Civic owner who was into tuning and was talking about doing a turbo setup. The dude worked at AutoZone here in Middletown. Other than him I haven't really met anyone yet. Definitally have been lazy with getting out here. I have a buddy who lives in Dover and was planning on hitting the Dover meet tonight, but with the way the weather looks I doubt anything will be happening anyways.

lownslow95
09-07-2011, 05:03 PM
Lol, I actually live in Chestertown. If you ever see a grey Lancer with the stock wheels painted black, thats me.

The01Cav
09-07-2011, 08:25 PM
I am out an about a bunch during work hours, usually 8am to 5pm. Although lately I have been working a good bit in Chestertown, MD. At night I am not out often though. I did meet a Civic owner who was into tuning and was talking about doing a turbo setup. The dude worked at AutoZone here in Middletown. Other than him I haven't really met anyone yet. Definitally have been lazy with getting out here. I have a buddy who lives in Dover and was planning on hitting the Dover meet tonight, but with the way the weather looks I doubt anything will be happening anyways.

Must be talking about a black guy named Phil that works at the autozone in Middletown lol.

SikneSS
09-09-2011, 04:17 PM
I have a buddy who lives in Dover and was planning on hitting the Dover meet tonight, but with the way the weather looks I doubt anything will be happening anyways.

just so y'all know, we usually always meet up no matter what the weather is (unless it's a blizzard or hurricane) there'll be people out there.... just the number of people differ with the weather.

what we do is hang out by the cars for a bit and then when we figure that everyone who's coming is there we as a group decide where to go eat.

09TaffySI
09-10-2011, 10:44 AM
Hey there i'm in Middletown too - Drive a 2011 Lancer EVO X. I'm usually @ the diamond car wash on saturday mornings on rt 301 by Arbys, other than that normally go to PA/NJ meets (ashamed to say I haven't been to any of the Delaware meets yet lol).

Korupt
09-11-2011, 10:21 PM
Hey there i'm in Middletown too - Drive a 2011 Lancer EVO X. I'm usually @ the diamond car wash on saturday mornings on rt 301 by Arbys, other than that normally go to PA/NJ meets (ashamed to say I haven't been to any of the Delaware meets yet lol).

Hey if you want to meet up sometime and head to one of the meets let me know. I live near that car wash so that would be a good meeting spot. Let me know.

muzzy350z
09-12-2011, 08:17 AM
Next meet this Thursday. Look up the meet trd for updates

97JZA80
09-12-2011, 08:10 PM
Mtown myself...pic of said DSM?

I havent been to a meet in a very very very very very long time...

The01Cav
09-13-2011, 12:06 AM
I can say I have lived in this area for 26 years and I have never seen your Supra 97JZA80 lol.

09TaffySI
09-17-2011, 10:42 AM
Hey if you want to meet up sometime and head to one of the meets let me know. I live near that car wash so that would be a good meeting spot. Let me know.

Yeah that might work, to be honest if I show up to the weekly DE meet i'll probably just leave from work to head there since I work up in Newark but if there is a weekend meet I can def meet up @ the car wash. I'll see you @ the meet today in mtown

Korupt
09-17-2011, 02:55 PM
It was nice meeting you for sure. Love the evo. If you ever want to hang out or anything shoot me a message on here. Like I said I am always down for meeting car people and the three of you seemed like good guys. If you end up deciding to go to Baltimore for the show tomorrow let me know. If you don't mind and I can ride down with you I would love to go check the show out.

BlackCobalt707
09-24-2011, 06:46 PM
i know im hella late but welcome to delaware lol

97JZA80
10-03-2011, 11:10 AM
I can say I have lived in this area for 26 years and I have never seen your Supra 97JZA80 lol.

Not surprised..I think it has about 50 miles on it this year...maybe.

Hopefully get out to see/meet some more people this year. Specially since we seem to have some cool peeps in the middletown area that I dont know.