PDA

View Full Version : Road tracks???

1fastrex
03-14-2006, 07:02 PM
Ok so i just put on coilovers and sway bars and i'm really wanting to go to a road track asap. Are there any in this area? I see englishtown has that one but i don't think its done, does anyone know when it will be? Also i heard there is one in millville,vineland or they are making one atleast? anyone know i want to test this sucka out hahaha

cravej
03-14-2006, 07:22 PM
The millville track won't be open for a couple years. Your best bet would be Pocono or Summit Point, WV.

US_R33
03-14-2006, 07:32 PM
actually jeff, i spoke with the guy who's in charge of the Millville project and he told me that they will be ready to open their doors for 2007 :mrgreen:

you'll find me there every available weekend as soon as they open :driving:

why don't you come to the autox event this Saturday over at Warminster???

htheduck
03-14-2006, 10:02 PM
For a PA/NJ residents the following tracks are far:
-Watkins Glen, Limerock, NHIS

I have yet to drive south - but will investigate Summit Point this year for the first time. :driving:

Englishtown doesn't really look like a road coarse...more like a few twisty service roads. :cry:

1320wrx
03-14-2006, 10:39 PM
The Millville track should be done by 2007

the website is www.njmotorsportspark.com,, the layout of the property looks awsome

Demonicbird00
03-15-2006, 12:50 AM
at summit you can run 1 of the 3 three track, Summit Point, Jefferson, or shanandoah.

also there is VIR in Danville VA, which is owned by one of the guys that is building millvilles track.

the last i heard they didnt break ground yet due to some tree huggers and politicians.

and if they havent started yet then dont expect any races till the end of 07'

-brandon

TROLL
03-15-2006, 01:09 AM
i def want to get to a track this year, but for now if you're just amped to push your cars suspension a bit i'd say check out the AutoX in Warminster on saturday. there are details about it at phillyscca.com
what toys did you get? have you gotten the heights adjusted well and have you gotten an alignment? the alignment is key... for a daily driven car i'd recommend about -1.5 camber front and -1.0 rear with 0 toe. you wont get any accellerated wear that way but it is a much better handling setup than the stock specs.

1fastrex
03-15-2006, 01:46 AM
yea i might head out to that auto x but it is the day after st pattys day too hahaha. as far as what i got, i got some megan racing coilovers, cusco sway bars F+B, and perrin endlinks. i think i got my height situiated, its level but i might go just a hair lower (i allready came down 2') but i have no allingment yet b/c i wnat to go to a good shop and also i want the springs to settle a little bit i just actually drove it for the first time tonight.

TROLL
03-15-2006, 02:07 AM
dont get too tempted to slam it too much, your car will end up handling worse as a result because it is out of its efficiency range. i'd try to stay with about 1.5" lowering in order to not sacrifice performance and would say that anything over a 2" drop is really purely for looks and giving up a lot performance wise.
not a bad idea to let the springs settle a bit and make sure the height is how you want it before the alignment, but definitely get one in a couple weeks to save your tires and really improve grip.
bcspeed is a vendor on the forum and they do good alignments for cheap if you're willing to drive to langhorne, pa for it. with the cost and job they do it might be worth it.
bryan

thewake
03-15-2006, 11:35 AM
yea i might head out to that auto x but it is the day after st pattys day too hahaha.

South Jersey Region SCCA is holding an auto-x on the 26th in Atco, in the parking lot on the left side of the drag strip (behind the smaller set of bleachers).

See http://www.sjr-scca.org/soloii.html for details.

They are also holding a track day at Pocono on the road course in June. http://www.triregionracing.org

1fastrex
03-15-2006, 12:20 PM
aight cool now one little thing how do i know what class to register in, i have never auto-x'ed b4 if you can't tell

US_R33
03-15-2006, 05:24 PM
you would register in STX

1fastrex
03-15-2006, 06:42 PM
i think i might have to do street modified b/c i have a bigger turbo

US_R33
03-16-2006, 12:15 AM
didn't realize you had an upgraded snail....i'm pretty sure that will put you into SM

TROLL
03-16-2006, 03:38 AM
yeah you're def in SM with a bigger turbo. no big deal though what class you run in, thats really only for the competetive guys. just do SM and focus on improving yourself throughout the day...

1fastrex
03-16-2006, 10:27 AM
yea i really wouldn't expect to win, it will be my frist auto x, if i did that would be cool though

thewake
03-16-2006, 04:12 PM
Let them know it is your first time. The SJR people are very novice friendly and willing to help out.

Work on learning the course during the walk throughs. There is a skill that you can develop to learn the course quickly. The really fast auto-xers can walk, learn, analyze, and plan a run through the course in about two or three attempts. It is easy for a novice to get lost in the "sea of cones" without help.

While driving the course look as far ahead as you can. Do not look at the next cone, look further down the course. Look where you want to go.

Above all have fun.

htheduck
03-16-2006, 05:13 PM
Be humble and take any advice from those that have more seat time.

US_R33
03-16-2006, 06:00 PM
be sure to go through the novice walk through....very beneficial...not only for novices but for experienced drivers too :thumbup:

1fastrex
03-19-2006, 11:45 PM
ok well i'm registered for the atco one for sm, should be fun, dosn't look like many people are registered at all either. one more thing can i run w/ my back seat out or do i have to put it back in?

US_R33
03-19-2006, 11:55 PM
yeah you can run w/o your back seats....i personally don't run at the Atco autox events b/c i dont' particularly care for where there location is and the size available for their courses....if you're able to come out to a philly autox event sometime this season i'll def. be at those events Philly SCCA (http://www.phillyscca.com)

1fastrex
03-20-2006, 12:04 AM
yea i will be out to one of those, but atco is like 10 min from me so hopefully its not that small of a course

US_R33
03-21-2006, 01:26 AM
yea i will be out to one of those
great :thumbup: lookin forward to seeing you out there :driving: