PDA

View Full Version : 01 Focus sputter issue need pic or exact location of Part # c013a 988f 6n664 ba

STiGuy06
07-02-2011, 12:29 PM
my fiance's 01 focus sputters at idle under 750-1000 rms. The engine light went on and off. I cleaned MAF replaced plugs and wires and now looking for this hose......pic anyone?

STiGuy06
07-03-2011, 01:39 PM
anyone?

STiGuy06
07-03-2011, 11:45 PM
figured it out. Bad o2 Sensor

insacclabor
07-03-2011, 11:52 PM
Glad you found your problem. I found this on another forum.
My 'little mouse' is living hard times now. I need to replace a motor mount, after a wide research we came to the conclusion is the driver's side mount, every body I asked said ' replace all 3 ' but that is a lot of money here. So after a year with the 'problem' and just enought maintenance in between the days now is the time for a 'Major tune-up' as we said this part of the world: Oil change, replacing filters ( air,oil,fuel ) new plugs, cleaning FI system, engine bay cleaning, etc,etc. My mechanics said this was a 4 hours labor, because the car is the family taxi we schedule while the kids where at school so about 3 pm my car must be back ... 9pm at the phone my mechanic just said 'I quit, this damm hose was causing the sudden death at iddle but I can not replace it, you need the original ford part' after some comfort words he found the strenght and set a temporal fixture while we get the replacement.
The bad new was the part is not in town (population close to 1 million metro included ), ford dealer didn't know the part or the name and just by the part numbers said we can order it by $ 25 USD in 3 days ... Damm it ! now is friday, that means we have to wait one week at least. So I came to my friends and found this thread. Great ! This are my conclusions:

1. The important number for the part Id is 6N664, this is the common in the thread. My USA-made focus part number reads C013A 988F-6N664-BA is a motorcraft and we live in Mexico.
2. With 65K miles total rode the hose broke down as a consequence of the failing motor mount during the last 8k miles, because of motor jumping whit normal load ( Auto-gear/Zetec ) This low frequency resonation notices as noise inside the car only and some shaking at the engine bay.
3. The initial symptom is 'sudden dead' at iddle (while parking or trafic light )the rpm readings for iddle were 600 +/-10% far from the 800 rpm ideal. This sudden dead it's not depending on a cold start, this just happen at iddle.
4. The DTC-reading at the dash was 9202,when checked with a OBD scanner this code comes and go. We can only expect is variations in fuel mileage, sometimes is good sometimes is poor. The Fuel pump computer is working to keep the process under control.
5. When the problem is evident and a temporary solution is made, the CEL may or not may came on, but the OBD code registered has the same meaning: P1237 (vacum leak) P0171 (mix too lean) both codes had a variant to light the CEL.
6. Many people is solving the problem by not using the Original part, just crafting a replacement with fuel or butane flexible hoses.
7. A solution to make the replacement stronger may conduct to a bigger problem. It seem evident to make a more rigid solution, but the flex of the pipes helps to keep the hose firmly attached because is vaccum suction that builds the whole line.
8. After replacing the hose your car needs to re-learn to save fuel, so computer reset make sense after battery disconnect.
9. A low hissing can be heard but you need some room to make it evident.
10. All electric devices -dash, headlights, courtesy light, radio display- show a little flickering while at iddle and stumbling happens. This is evidence the motor is powering to keep the amps up and is suffering while changing the fuel mixture.

What a great machine is the Zetec properly maintained. I firmly believe in original specification. Ford dealers are making hard times for us because they are starving for money. Same motorcraft parts buyed outside ford desk are +35% cheaper. Hope we can help more Focus owners, It's a very good car to drive.