PDA

View Full Version : Black/Silver Acura involved in hit and run

peteyturbo
03-13-2006, 10:53 AM
Friday night I arrived back home from California and was laying in bed with my window open at about 2:30am trying to go to sleep. I heard a very disturbing crash that sounded like a motorcycle accident, it was very loud.. Before going outside I called 911 while I was getiing dressed and told them a motorcycle just crashed. As I was on the phone with 911 I went outside to see what happened and it was the worst thing I have ever seen in my life..I won't go into graphic detail but a pedestrian was trying to cross harbison ave. in fron of my house and was hit by a speeding Acura that did not even slow down or stop. The person was hit so hard he smahed the windshield of the car all over the street and smashed the cars bumper into peices. I was the first one to arrive at the scene and tried to get cars from driving around this man in the middle of the street while trying to see what kind of condition he was in. I got to him about 45 seconds from the impact, called 911 within 10, and checked for a pulse. It was very faint and only about every 5 seconds did I feel anything, he was not breathing or responding at all, and died before anyone arrived at the scene right in front of me and my girlfriend.
Just wanted to put the word out so if anyone sees a dark colored acura with front end damage and smashed windshield, most likely with exhaust leak or aftermarket muffler, please try to inform the authorities. This man had his life taken trying to cross a street because of some a$$hole got off 95 speeding all the way up harbison. Judging by har far this man was thrown (mabye 50 yds.) and the extent of injury and damage, it is my guess this person was doing at least 70mph through a blind corner.
Just wanted to get the word out and remind you guys to use your heads when driving in urban areas because it only takes a second to kill someone. Sorry for the long post but this has really been bothering me since friday..Take care.

TROLL
03-13-2006, 11:01 AM
wow i saw this on the news... they said the car was likely travelling 100 mph and racing a pickup truck at the time.
sorry you had to experience that and i really hope they find the person who did this.
its just a reminder that if you're messing around like that and being stupid you are not only putting yourself in danger but others as well... the driver had no idea someone was in the road and very well may be a kind hearted person, but now... now he killed someone as a result of his speeding and is in some very serious trouble.

peteyturbo
03-13-2006, 11:12 AM
I doubt they are kind hearted, if they were they would have stopped or come forward by now..This person should be shot for not taking responsibility for this.
wow i saw this on the news... they said the car was likely travelling 100 mph and racing a pickup truck at the time.
sorry you had to experience that and i really hope they find the person who did this.
its just a reminder that if you're messing around like that and being stupid you are not only putting yourself in danger but others as well... the driver had no idea someone was in the road and very well may be a kind hearted person, but now... now he killed someone as a result of his speeding and is in some very serious trouble.

OutOfStock
03-13-2006, 11:15 AM
wow saw this on the news last night too

TROLL
03-13-2006, 11:23 AM
yeah who knows, i just meant that it could happen to anyone really... whether you have bad intentions or good ones.

Intercooled T
03-13-2006, 11:27 AM
wow, sorry to hear about all this, did you hear of anymore witnesses or leads?

teh DIRT
03-13-2006, 12:08 PM
my co worker lives right where it happened. sorry to hear about it man,

peteyturbo
03-13-2006, 12:12 PM
No real witnesses to the crash but the was a person following the car getting off 95 onto harbison when it took off and left, I guess when they caught up they saw the aftermath. They said this person was driving all crazy on 95 as well.
wow, sorry to hear about all this, did you hear of anymore witnesses or leads?

peteyturbo
03-13-2006, 12:13 PM
Then your co-worker probably lives near me.. Where does he work?

my co worker lives right where it happened. sorry to hear about it man,

teh DIRT
03-13-2006, 12:15 PM
its a she. works at the philadelphia protestant home.

BlackBulletTSi
03-13-2006, 12:48 PM
Sorry to hear about that thats gotta suck. I also hope the ass hole gets whats coming to him.

max2k1
03-13-2006, 12:54 PM
my co worker told me about this...there are some seriously messed up people driving around philly :furious:

GTIivVR6
03-13-2006, 07:55 PM
Thats a sad story...i also saw it on the news....i dont understand who the hell races on harbison anyway? someone made a post before about racing on harbison....the 15th and 2nd districts are right up the street...i got hit buy a car while walking at buselton and the boulevard and the scumbags kept driving...i dont understand how someone can hit a human being like that and just keep going? I saw the man who was killed fiance on the news...she was a mess....hope they catch the person or people

cburwell
03-13-2006, 08:01 PM
No real witnesses to the crash but the was a person following the car getting off 95 onto harbison when it took off and left, I guess when they caught up they saw the aftermath. They said this person was driving all crazy on 95 as well.

I guess that is where they got the information that the Acura was "racing" a truck?

Scapegoat
03-13-2006, 08:03 PM
Wow, and I get some **** when I don't give my condolences to people dying while driving like fast and losing control. Because **** like this happens!!!

THIS is the reason I do not condone street racing, or excessive speeding, or speeding in residential areas. Stupid ****ing idiot. I hope they catch and gut this fish

EDIT: turn off the ****ing censor. Curses are required for **** like this

bad360rt
03-14-2006, 01:19 PM
I heard on the radio this morning that they found the car, but not the driver.

BlackBulletTSi
03-14-2006, 01:49 PM
Really, they trace the car back to the owner? Was it stolen?

bad360rt
03-14-2006, 05:33 PM
Not sure, this morning was the first I had heard of it (I was out of town). I would imagine that they could at least trace the car back to the owner, but they didn't say anything about it on the radio.

SilverTurboRidin
03-14-2006, 05:34 PM
yeah although they said it was a maxima.

Intercooled T
03-14-2006, 09:06 PM
well, it was on the news tonight, they FOUND the car...they say they're not sure if its the owner yet, but SOMEONE (i wonder who lol) took it to a body shop and offered cash to get it fixed ASAP

****ed up **** right there.