PDA

View Full Version : WRXers: Tein H-Tech or Prodrive?

WRXD
03-12-2006, 07:17 PM
I am in the market for sport springs and I have been presented with a crossroad.

Tein H-techs or Prodrive springs. I have heard great things about the Prodrives, about progressive rates etc. But I have recently come across an amazing deal on a set of Tein H-tech...amazing as in over $100 price difference.

The drop on the H-techs and the prodrives seem to be almost identical..

who has reviews or experince with these who can help me out?

TROLL
03-12-2006, 08:46 PM
both are linear springrates i believe which i'd recommend anyways. i'd say its a toss up really... i like both. if you found a deal on the h techs thta you're happy with by all means go for it...
bryan

WRXD
03-12-2006, 09:32 PM
Still the linear vs. progressive spring rates issue...

I found H-techs for $153 shipped

TROLL
03-12-2006, 10:25 PM
they are both linear! the only progressive springs i know of are the eibach prokit. honestly though, it really doesnt matter because neither are particularly stiff springs so there wont be much difference in either.
or you could step it up and buy my tein flex coilovers ;)

WRXD
03-12-2006, 11:00 PM
they are both linear! the only progressive springs i know of are the eibach prokit. honestly though, it really doesnt matter because neither are particularly stiff springs so there wont be much difference in either.
or you could step it up and buy my tein flex coilovers ;)

oh I see...shameless self plugging :-p

StealthTC
03-12-2006, 11:17 PM
I am on S-Tech's now and love them but this year I am going to raise up a little to H-Techs because I felt they were better on a daily driver after I drove my buddys car

WRXD
03-12-2006, 11:29 PM
cool, thanks for the reply, TST seems dead tonight

Dan00313
03-13-2006, 12:04 AM
I love my H Tech's, I say get em!

Buster
03-13-2006, 01:02 AM
I have S-Techs and not only do they look great but they provide the most even drop on a wrx.

HuffRex
03-13-2006, 02:35 PM
I have S-Techs and not only do they look great but they provide the most even drop on a wrx.
i second that...i have my s-techs on my wrx...they give you a great ride and balanced look...i would go with tein's

dubrx
03-14-2006, 03:26 PM
Buddy o mine runs with H-Techs on his Sabbaru with the same rear Perrin swaybar you got on the lowest setting, great combo!!! Definately less harsh then then Perrin's I got.

For some reason it dropped his a bit more than most... here are some pics:

https://www.xtpusa.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=13&limit=views

IIdiceII
03-19-2006, 11:27 PM
prodrives...I have s-techs and will be swapping out this week for tanabe gf210's and kyb agx struts. the s-techs give a great drop but handling isnt great and WILL blow stock struts. the reason i say prodrives is after riding in a lot of cars on prodrives, they handle better and offer a better ride. But, if you dont like the drop of the prodrives, id go with the gf210's. I cant wait to get em on, AWESOME springs.

WRXD
03-19-2006, 11:31 PM
prodrives...I have s-techs and will be swapping out this week for tanabe gf210's and kyb agx struts. the s-techs give a great drop but handling isnt great and WILL blow stock struts. the reason i say prodrives is after riding in a lot of cars on prodrives, they handle better and offer a better ride. But, if you dont like the drop of the prodrives, id go with the gf210's. I cant wait to get em on, AWESOME springs.

actually my question was H-techs/Prodrives which are almost identical drops...but I went with the H-techs, couldnt say no to the price I was getting.