PDA

View Full Version : front end drifts in RWD cars

LawlWheelDrive
05-05-2011, 03:21 AM
so a while ago i was galavanting around around with my nephew and some of his highschool friends playing cops and robbers real style with cars. i decided to bring the mustang it looked like a dry night aside from maybe some mold on the ground from the rain the day before. when we are all done one of his friends screams "go sideways!" as im about to turn left from the street they meet on onto the main road with a median, i give it some gas and the rear end slides a bit, i counter correct and the rear end gos the other way after i correct this the rear end straitens out but then the front end starts doing what the rear end was just doing it was like someone grabbed the wheel and started yanking it left and right as fast as they could. the only thing i could do was go with what the wheel wanted and try and steer with the brake and gas at the same time to calm it down. came close enough to almost kissing the median that my nephew thought we really did. i didnt even realize that the laws of physics allowed this to happen. my tyres are getting kind of baldish in front and back 30%ish does that have to do with it?

supraghost
05-05-2011, 07:57 AM
lol its called understeer

Vinny
05-05-2011, 08:12 AM
Educate yourself. Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shwgNV36xFA

Renegade_
05-05-2011, 08:58 AM
I swear this guys a troll.

96Clipse
05-05-2011, 09:47 AM

^This.

PAFirefighter11
05-05-2011, 11:13 AM
^This.

I agree. Go read his Ask the Law thread.. LOL...... oye... :roll:

Teku18
05-05-2011, 04:20 PM
Holy ****ing ****!!!!

disturbedfan121
05-05-2011, 06:44 PM
you're totally right, that can't physically happen, your mustang must be so fast and make so much power it broke the laws of physics.:rolleyes:

Nick Merrone
05-05-2011, 06:52 PM
hey..

most of the time when im in second gear and a turn is coming up if i kick my clutch my car goes sideways....is my motor broken?

kunt_masha
05-05-2011, 08:16 PM

agreed.

What a long winded way to ask a dumb question...

Bates
05-06-2011, 10:48 AM
Can a mod ban this guy? He is cluttering up the the forum with the most useless threads. Let's start a petition to have this troll banned.

96Clipse
05-06-2011, 11:27 AM
I agree. Go read his Ask the Law thread.. LOL...... oye... :roll:

I just read his ask the law thread as you suggest and WOW. This dude spits the biggest load of bull**** i've ever heard in my life.

+1 for the vote to ban the Seattle troll!

JankyS13
05-09-2011, 03:36 AM
so a while ago i was galavanting around around with my nephew and some of his highschool friends playing cops and robbers real style with cars. i decided to bring the mustang it looked like a dry night aside from maybe some mold on the ground from the rain the day before. when we are all done one of his friends screams "go sideways!" as im about to turn left from the street they meet on onto the main road with a median, i give it some gas and the rear end slides a bit, i counter correct and the rear end gos the other way after i correct this the rear end straitens out but then the front end starts doing what the rear end was just doing it was like someone grabbed the wheel and started yanking it left and right as fast as they could. the only thing i could do was go with what the wheel wanted and try and steer with the brake and gas at the same time to calm it down. came close enough to almost kissing the median that my nephew thought we really did. i didnt even realize that the laws of physics allowed this to happen. my tyres are getting kind of baldish in front and back 30%ish does that have to do with it?

http://www.mopo.ca/uploaded_images/reproduce-746931.jpg (http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=50944&page=29)