PDA

View Full Version : Radar

dearp
03-06-2006, 12:54 PM
I got a Radar detector for christmas that does laser too. How come when i am driving it picks up police cars that are just in the area driving? How does the radar help me?

undercover
03-07-2006, 02:46 PM
well even when a police car is driving around town, it is still running radar. A cop car doesnt have to be sitting on the side of the road inorder to run radar. I usually never shut my radar off, its just when i feel like parking somewhere and looking for speeders, i pull over and find a nice hiding spot. So, thats prob why ur radar detector will beep whenever you are near any cop. I hope this answers you question.

dearp
03-09-2006, 03:11 PM
okay, I have another question for you guys and thanks for answerin the other one. :) I was driving on a road that merges into one lane. I happen to be in the lane that blends to the left. There was plenty of room between one car and the other so i had my signal on and blended over. There was a lady that did not want me to, I guess get in front of her so she slams the gas in her Mercedes benz. I was just about over and we were going around 35 mph. The road drops off kinda like a cliff up ahead and i had no choice but to keep pushing my car into the lane while trying not to get murdered by this lady. After i DID end up getin in front of her she got on her phone and called the cops i think. Can she in any way try to get me in trouble with the police cuz she is a psychopath?

undercover
03-16-2006, 03:51 PM
no, im sure nothing will happen, a cop has to witness it inorder to write u a ticket. She could call up and complain, but thats about it.